Page 59 of 92 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyLemons View Post
    Also, I'm posting here to have someone post me to Forum Rules, I can't seem to find them.
    Here ya go!

Hello, I'm Maddie. I'm 21 years old, from the USA. I got into comics about 5 years ago when I borrowed my brother's copy of Death Of Superman. I read DC, Marvel, and independent comics. I tend to focus on female heroines (I LOVE Gail Simone's Bird's of Prey and I wish I could find more of it at non ridiculous prices. Freakin' rare trades). My collection isn't anything that could be mistaken for huge, but I love it.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your time here!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

Hey, most of you have seen me around today. I knew about the info side of this site. Visited it every now and then but didn't know it have a forums. Well I'm Akira, I'm 26 and I'm a Metal Head, Tokusatsu Lover, Anime Watcher, Manga Reader, Brony Warrior and Comic Book Nerd. I'm also Gay and an Atheist I have read lots of comics but I don't upkeep with the new stuff, nor am I too ingross in it to know all aspects of everything comic book related. I love Marvel comics and movies. I'm not into DC but there are a few DC comics that I have read. I love the Terminator Comics and my fave comic book character is The Punisher. Oh I also have a small collection of comics, toys and yugioh cards. Welp I guess that's everything. Nothing much really.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Hey everyone. Better late than never, I suppose. Old (like in REALLY OLD, 2003-or-so old) poster here, re-registered a while ago.

Good afternoon all -

My name is Burt, and I'm originally from Alabama - but have been in a lot of different places. Now we find ourselves in Texas (Austin). I will hold onto 34 for a little while longer - but the mid 30's are coming. Personally, I enjoy napping. When not doing that though, exercise, gaming & comics comprise most of my free time. What little is left is spent tinkering with fishing equipment, and dreaming of the coast.

The wife and I both read these days; and the interests are pretty diverse. Being that I am an old guy, and not very interesting - my monthly pull list resembles an old squeaky rack you'd find in a grocery store 20+ years ago. Between Batman & Uncanny (yes, still holding on) though - I have ventured out into Elephantmen. Beyond those though, I have gotten to where I follow specific artists more than anything else.

I spent some times at Comic Vine for a while, and enjoyed a good deal about the site before the merger. Now though, it all seems very rigid - to the point where it felt as if you could not become pointed in discussions. Having said that - CBR was consistently regarded as a haven for continued, informed, honest (even uncomfortable) discussions about the industry. Looking forward to engaging all!

The Once and Future Jerk Agent Helix's Avatar

Woof, all the chairs aren't where I left them, and I DO NOT LIKE this new wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Helix View Post
    Woof, all the chairs aren't where I left them, and I DO NOT LIKE this new wallpaper.
    Oh god, not another boring lecture about all the changes at CBR.

The Once and Future Jerk Agent Helix's Avatar

I haven't even had my coffee yet.

I'm from Canada, I make hip hop music. Have always loved comics just like I've always loved hip hop. The two are actually incredibly closely tied together, they have a really amazing history. At a certain point in my life I stopped reading comics and didn't get back into them until recently (I even sold a bunch of my pretty solid comics collection, I think at a garage sale and I still regret that now, but I'm rebuilding a collection so it's not the WORST thing ever). I wanna definitely post in this community and read up on stuff, join in some conversations. But yeah, for lack of a better word, I'm a newbie to the comics world (even though I used to be really into buying comics at a young age). I own some classics like Killing Joke in hardcover and some other newer titles like Federal Bureau of Physics. I really love weird, abstract art and writing. I actually also draw myself; when I was in grade 6 I won a drawing contest, 2nd place in this Remembrance Day black & white poster competition thing, and recently I've been getting back into it. People always told me I was quite good at it so I'm pursuing it again and might go to college to get even better and make some connections and whatnot. For me right now though recording hip hop is my main interest and activity. Really happy to have found this forum for the awesome thing that is comic books.
    Last edited by capncold; 05-17-2016 at 07:58 PM.

Hi my names Ian, I am 45 and was born and bred in the UK. Totally new to CBR but have heard about the forums from people in the know as the place to be so i signed up!. Been reading comics since i was knee high, Marvel predominantly - X-Men, Captain Britain, Avengers, Defenders but also slide to DC for some titles. Being English i love to drink gallons of Tea. I practice chi kung/tai chi and own far too many bicycles!

What kind? Mountain bikes?

All-New Member

New to the site, collecting properly for about four years.

Currently reading Black Hood, Deadly Class, Ms. Marvel (with my daughter), Lazarus, Sex Criminals, Saga, Copperhead, Descender, The Dying and the Dead, Postal, Star Wars and The Woods.
    I think you can tell I favour Image comics output over the traditional superhero fare. I did subscribe to Spiderman and Batman but dropped both due to their over zealous output and ability to change cover price at the drop of a hat.

I particularly like getting my books signed and have travelled to several Cons and signings over the past few years in Ireland and England and have gone as far as NYCC to meet David Mack, the creator who got me into comics and still one of my favourite artists.

markbob917

new to the forum not to the site and have read pages on the forum a bit but taken a while to join up

big spiderman fan but also classic batman and more

Strudders

Hi, my names Cal, I'm a massively new reader and started reading maybe a months ago and started with tales of the jedi because why not? I just wanted to join CBR to either get some advice on what's good to read and advice on what the newest things going on in comic culture.. this is all super interesting to me, and I'm bad with words so yeah. That's me