Page 67 of 92 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1370
    boruto

Hi everyone, Boruto here ... I am from Singapore. Consider me a super late in western comics, yet most of us in Asia knows about Superman, Batman and Marvel's heroes.
    Being used to reading Japanese comics like Dragon BallZ, Naruto, I find it hard tying together the complicated DC comics' stories.

What convinced me to register here rather than being a spectator is because I am filled with too many mysteries of Superman and its multiverse... kind of ....
    Please feel free to recommend me some beginner resources. My point of interest at the moment is Super Sons all the way past to Superman classic. And yes I watched Smallville since season 4
    Last edited by boruto; 03-22-2017 at 07:44 AM.

All-New Member

Hello CBR!!

My name is Jessica. I am a writer, musician and filmmaker. My favorite comic characters are Spiderman, X-men (Wolverine, Jean Grey, Storm to name a few), Hulk. My favorite stories to date are Saga and Cyborg rebirth series. I also have a comic book series that I am working on entitled Sinistre by Siafu Comix, a Maryland based company that I founded. I love science and math in which I studied engineering but my passion has always been art. That's it in a nutshell. If you are interested in the book you can check out the promo here...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8nv6jQIT8U

SuperSamurai

Hi everyone,

I'm SuperSamurai living out on the east coast. I actually joined the CBR community waaaaay back in '04 and sporadically posted until 10. It's good to see the CBR community still thriving. I used to be heavily interested in various comics back in the hey day, but as I transitioned through college and then the adult world, I've grown somewhat out of them(albeit I'll read a TPB here and there.) Anyways glad to be back and looking forward to being part of the cool community

All-New Member

Hey,
    It's James here from the UK. I grew up on 90's extreme comics, but now I read mostly independent stuff. Saga, Sex Criminals, Preacher, Sandman etc...
    Kinda got bored of the mainstream shenanigans, (reboots and killing people just to bring them back). I like a good story full of twists and turns. I don't know if a lot of people feel the same way here, but we'll see.
    Like a lot of creator owned stuff as well, that is where the really independent creative stuff is going on.
    Anyway, I'll stop rambling and get to foruming. If that is a word.

Sup, I'm Stoned Volus.

I made this account at the start of last year and completely forgot about it for whatever reason but hey, I'm here now. I'm a writer and film buff from Northern Ireland, and I first began reading comics from old hand me downs from my dad's and older brothers' collections. It was all stuff like The Flash, Batman, Spider-Man, even the odd Sonic or Simpsons comic. I sort of have phases where I drop comics for a bit before getting back into them. My favourite series of all time is All-Star Superman, but my favourite single issue is Batman & Robin #18 (2011). Don't let that fool you though, I ain't just a DC fan. I dig DC, Marvel, a good few indies.

Pleasure to be here and maybe I'll stick around this time. Heh.

Incredible Member

Hello ladies and gentlemen this is hareluyafan1. I was a member of the original forums but when everything was reset I never got around to re-registering until now.

I am a big fan of anime, Western animation and comics. Currently I am collecting Captain America TPB's.

Hi everybody! I've always read comics, but only last year I started with DC characters and it was love at first sight.
    Mi favourite characters are the Batfamily, togheter with the Titans, so you can guess how I'm exicited for Rebirth. But I'm also ready to learn about more comic books, non only DC's. So let's start my travelling-in-comics here in CBR. Hope we all to have good company.

Hello all! Glad to join any group that has their priorities in order (i.e., Comics first, then food, shelter, etc.)

Coming to you from the Southeast United States, I'm a lifelong lover of comics. My #1 will always be Superman (the 1978 movie started it all) and I also love most of the DC Universe. In no particular order: Batwoman, Batgirl, the Birds of Prey, Justice League, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Black Canary, Cyborg, Supergirl, Zatanna, and Power Girl. For starters.

I'm late to the Marvel party, respectively and have only been deep diving into their characters for a decade or so. My faves: Thor, Spiderwoman, Unstoppable Wasp, She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, A-Force, X-Men, Inhumans, Champions and Star Wars.

Other than that, I also am really into the entire Archie run as of late, plus anything by Terry Moore - right now, it's Motor Girl.

I'm in a constant battle with my pull list, trying to keep it at a reasonable size. I am on the losing side of this battle most months. Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

My name is Thor, the mighty Thor. Oddly enough I grew up primarily as a DC fan. I liked some Marvel too but I was exposed to superheroes via 80s television which skewed heavily towards DC. I did dig Spider-Man, the Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends cartoon was a regular thing to watch on Saturdays. I remember it would come on after Alvin and the Chipmunks and Mister T at 11:30, usually followed by The Hulk cartoon.

Been a life-long fan of 'American' animation such as Disney, Warner Brothers, Hanna-Barbera, Woody Woodpecker, and Popeye. Still a big Disney fan, I discovered the great Disney comics during the early 90s. Carl Barks was the master and his stories are such a joy to read. The format allows Donald to have more depth and dimension to his character than animation would allow.

I'm a fan of Marvel's Thor, I feel like I have to since we share the same name. My favorite character has always been Wonder Woman and then Superman. This goes back to my childhood and the Super Powers cartoon and all of the merchandising. I felt that Batman was just okay. Over at Marvel The Fantastic Four interested me as well as Spider-Man, mainly via various Saturday Morning cartoons.

I used to be a big fan of television. Back when I was in high school there were so many sitcoms that I watched regularly: Newsradio, Seinfeld, Wings, Frasier, 3rd Rock from the Sun and to a lesser extent Just Shoot Me, Drew Carey and Caroline in the City. I grew up exposed to soap operas by my mother, during the 80s and 90s I would come home from school to Guiding Light and that eventually became my favorite soap ever till it was cancelled. Then in the 2000s I became a fan of the US Office, Parks and Recreation and Modern Family. Classic shows that I enjoy are Get Smart, Phil Silvers, Green Acres, Abbott and Costello along with the occasional I Love Lucy or Lucy Show. Growing up I dug Mr. Belvedere, Benson, Perfect Strangers, ALF and Night Court. Currently I am enjoying Trial and Error, Flash and Arrow.

My gateway to being a regular reader of superhero comics was the re-introduction of Supergirl by Jeph Loeb in Superman/Batman. Infinite Crisis happened shortly after that and I ate up all of the going-ons, it just seemed like an exciting time to jump on board.

All-New Member

Smile Introduce Myself

Hello everyone, I'm Oskar Dezz, new here on this forum, and want to say hi! Thanks.

Ohh, sorry, I forgot to say why I'm here, I want to learn & also want to gather my experience about Comics. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-16-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Spectacular Member

I thought I should introduce myself since I was unceremoniously called a troll in the 'Marvel is too PC' thread. First, I'm not a troll. I am a long time lurker who would like to post from time to time. LOL

I'm in my 40s and I love comics, I've been reading/collecting since the late 70s. I worked at 2 comic book shops ('87-'90 & once again '92-'94). I still have an active pull list and just started one for my daughter 5 years ago.

I like both Marvel and DC. I'm more of a Marvel universe guy and just like characters from DC. While I love floppies I can honestly say I'm becoming more of a digital guy (I have Marvel U and would love it if DC would do the same thing). In fact, if I'm passionate about anything in comics it's that DC simply must create it's own DC Unlimited.

I'm lucky enough to work as an artist in the entertainment community (not comics) ... but I did get to work with 2 personal heroes of mine and it was an awesome experience. I won't post regularly ... working full time and having kids doesn't give me a ton of time to post but I really do enjoy reading this board. Of all the comic boards out there this is really the best, it has the most members that post regularly enough to make it a daily visit.

Hello, I'm Thiamma! I'm 30, French, and kinda passionate about comic books ^^

I'm a DC fan, but it reached a tragic end with the New 52... Even if I really tried to like this reboot, it just wasn't for me. At all. But that's okay, I have a lot to read from the years before! I'm deeply invested in a lot of their characters so it stings a little, through.
    Since 2011, I discovered Marvel and I'm loving their universe too! I love the Avengers. The characters are a little more bland imo, but I'm easy to satisfy, especially since the MCU got me hooked ^^

In France, it's difficult to find good comic books available, so I'm really grateful for digital copies. Marvel Unlimited is a must-have, and I'd love the same from DC (even if I don't hold my breath here).

So, today, I'm especially invested in cosmic adventures (Green Lanterns, Nova...) and teams like Avengers, old Justice League, Titans... I have a lot to catch up! I'd love to hear your thoughts about it (and give mine), so see you around!

What's up CBR!

I'm obviously new to this and forums in general, but I'm 24 years old, from Massachusetts and I've been collecting and reading comics my whole life! I'm a fan of it all, so I think over time I'll be touching base on all genres.

I love writing, hoping to one day release an indie book!

Greetings! I've been here since CBR actually considered comic books more important than movies. Just now decided to jump into the forums.
    I'm a big fan of "Longbox Junk" comics. Comic books that aren't worth a damn to your average collector, but are still there taking up space in their lonely cardboard prisons. Comics are meant to be read, not bagged and forgotten!

Hello everyone, been searching the last few weeks for a forum to join after years of not being on one. Looks like I finally found one. I love Marvel, DC, IDW, and Image. Can't wait to discuss with all of you.