Page 68 of 92 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1370
    BANNED

Loving Despacito remix featuring Justin Bieber

All-New Member

Hello everybody!
    Sorry for my poor written english (I now, english grammar and syntax aren't my forte), I'll try my best!
    Anyway, lot of great topics in your forums, I can't wait to post something!

Rumblesnap

Howdy!

I got sucked into comics about a year and a half ago through Marvel, and I've mostly stuck to Reddit communities for Marvel discussion. Unfortunately, I feel like those communities are generally filled with a lot of negativity and condescension, so I've been looking around for a place where I can have genuine discussion without all the excess nonsense.

I enjoy all comics, and am trying to expose myself to more than just the Marvel world I've been so fixated on, so I'm hoping through CBR I can dive deeper into other publishers and titles.

pbw267

Hi,

I am from Texas. In the early 90's I got my hands on a Punisher from volume 2 when I was in middle school because my baseball card trading buddy had it, had read it, and didn't have a use for it. I traded him a few cards for it and I read it without too much thought about how a volume of comics worked, the subject matter of The Punisher comics in general, etc. I just read it and thought it was something neat to trade besides baseball cards or cassette tapes. Unfortunately none of the guys I knew bought or collected comics, so my initial adventure died there with that single issue of The Punisher.

Though I never read that book more than a time or two and can't recall whatever happened to it, The Punisher always stuck with me as the first character that came to mind when I would see a sign for a comic book shop years later.

Years ago I was in a Half Price Books store and was looking through the comic book bins and felt like I had stepped back in time when I saw The Punisher #19 from Volume 2 (he is riding a camel on the cover) that I had owned as a kid. With no particular purpose in mind I bought it and all the other Punisher comics in the bin at that time (probably around 10 or 12 all together mixed from various volumes) and slowly started figuring out what comics, volumes, timelines, etc., were all about. I started a list and each time I found one that wasn't on it, I'd pick it up. The Punisher was (and still is) plentiful in many dollar and discount bins and remains my favorite character.

Eventually I branched out a bit rounding out my top three favorites with Spawn and Deathlok.

I hit all my local shops on a regular basis now and I collect for fun, not for value. A GD or VG means just as much to me as a NM. My favorite and most rewarding purchases almost always come from dollar bin long boxes in the back of a shop. For me it's all about the dig!

Thanks for allowing me to join your community.

-Shawn from Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by pbw267 View Post
    Hi,

I am from Texas. In the early 90's I got my hands on a Punisher from volume 2 when I was in middle school because my baseball card trading buddy had it, had read it, and didn't have a use for it. I traded him a few cards for it and I read it without too much thought about how a volume of comics worked, the subject matter of The Punisher comics in general, etc. I just read it and thought it was something neat to trade besides baseball cards or cassette tapes. Unfortunately none of the guys I knew bought or collected comics, so my initial adventure died there with that single issue of The Punisher.

Though I never read that book more than a time or two and can't recall whatever happened to it, The Punisher always stuck with me as the first character that came to mind when I would see a sign for a comic book shop years later.

Years ago I was in a Half Price Books store and was looking through the comic book bins and felt like I had stepped back in time when I saw The Punisher #19 from Volume 2 (he is riding a camel on the cover) that I had owned as a kid. With no particular purpose in mind I bought it and all the other Punisher comics in the bin at that time (probably around 10 or 12 all together mixed from various volumes) and slowly started figuring out what comics, volumes, timelines, etc., were all about. I started a list and each time I found one that wasn't on it, I'd pick it up. The Punisher was (and still is) plentiful in many dollar and discount bins and remains my favorite character.

Eventually I branched out a bit rounding out my top three favorites with Spawn and Deathlok.

I hit all my local shops on a regular basis now and I collect for fun, not for value. A GD or VG means just as much to me as a NM. My favorite and most rewarding purchases almost always come from dollar bin long boxes in the back of a shop. For me it's all about the dig!

Thanks for allowing me to join your community.

-Shawn from Texas.
    Welcome from San Antonio, Shawn.

G'day to all!

I am an Aussie comic collector/Sci Fi Fan.

Generally avoid DC vs Marvel debates as I grew up liking both,Spider Man and Batman were my childhood faves.

Looking forward to chatting with folks and chilling out.

The Viking Barrel Diaries

Hi Guys & Gals,

The last time I signed up to a forum was awhile ago but just wanted to introduce myself:

I live in Perth, Western Australia, work as an Editor & Videographer and have been reading comics for as long as I can remember. While I still follow titles from Marvel and DC, I have been getting into stuff like 'Locke & Key' and 'Sex Criminals'. If you were to ask me what would be my all time favourite comic, I would probably say Batman: The Long Halloween. Bit of a Time Sale fan-boy...

Currently, I am working on developing some of my ideas for films into a comic/ graphic novel format. There are these really cool ideas I have for movies floating around in my head but because of the sheer scale of them I know they will never be made. A lot of these are in the Horror, Crime & Sci-Fi genres.

Also would love to get in contact with any independent writers/artist and chat shop. I've been doing a lot of research into getting things published and would love to hear from people who have done similar things.

So if you're interested or even just wanted to chat about comics, life or where is the best place for Korean BBQ in Perth? Hit me up!

Take Care
    Norm

All-New Member

Hi guys, Aeoluz here. Im 14 years old, hailing from Southeast Asia. Just got into reading comics! Only read one issue of a marvel comic( a guy with a red head and green suit ). That didnt really get me into comics, i only liked its theme at the time, its classic comic paper, font and drawings and actiom scenes. It was the movies that really got me hooked onto getting( and maybe collecting ) good comics to read. So really glad i found this forum. Please give me some links to cheap stores! My interests are now Wonder Woman and Superman(cos movies). Bye!

Hi Aeoluz!

If you have Comixology, they have a huge Wonder Woman sale on right now. I recommend this one in particular, but there's lots of other great stuff there.

I'm also hearing lots of good things about the Superman Rebirth comics, but I haven't had a chance to try them yet.

Hello everyone. I had an account here a few years ago (Can't remember if my username was Ted Kord or Blue Beetle) but stopped buying comics about a year after the New 52 relaunch. Nothing to do with the books, I was really enjoying them but I lost my job and was broke and didn't buy comics for a few years. Recently I've been buying up trades and getting back into the stories. I plan on buying the monthly books again soon.

A lot has changed since the last time I was here.

My name is Howard Simpson and I’m a cartoonist. I’ve done work for Warner Bros. Animation, Nickelodeon, DC Comics, Disney and more. You may see my art http://abbadabba.com

My drawing of Adam Warren's Empowered.

empowered2.jpg

Mike_Bunt

Default Hi

Somehow I've never really been on many forums. I was looking for a place to chat and meet fellow comic fans and creators and so I've signed up.

So, hi! I'm Mike. I'm a big fan of Marvel, 2000ad, IDW and a bunch of other publishers. I'll read just about anything and love all things sci-fi or noir related. My favourite series to read is probably the Parker comics by Darwin Cooke and I'm currently reading the Ultimate comics: Spider-man run with Miles Morales (I'm so far behind on current Marvel comics), only 8 issues in but it's pretty flipping great!

Hi, I'm Christopher, and I like nutty things.

Nuts are actually considered fruit, so when you buy a chocolate that says "Fruit & Nuts" it's actually a little redundant.

All-New Member

Rydgen, returning from inactivity again. I was very active back in the late 1990s, early 2000s. I've been on and off again, mostly off, as the community grew. I was very active in the Fanfic section back then, and recently have had the urge to pick it back up, which caused me to see what CBR has grown into since the last time I was here.

Hey everyone my name is Matt Knowles and I am a writer / musician / author / mastermind behind the upcoming HEIRS IF ISILDUR cross media production. This end of the world is quite new and foreign to me (I have background as a musician, p.a. announcer, stage actor, cosplay, etc...) but for this new project I'm in need of understanding the world a little more. Thanks and I look forward to getting to know more about what makes this community tick!