Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Yo I'm Spenny - based in London England.
    Love the comics, in all shapes and sizes - big two (Marvel zombie though), European albums, British anthologies, trendy Image series, Manga, floppies, digital, hard/soft-cover, you name it.

Favourite series: Godland
    Favourite writer: Mark Waid
    Favourite artist: toss-up between Allred and Tom Scioli
    Favourite write/artist: Naoki Urasawa
    Favourite super-hero: Captain America
    Current top 5: She-Hulk, Daredevil, Velvet, Lazarus, Adventures of Superman

Hey everyone.

Pauly here; from Tasmania, Australia. Wedding Photographer by trade. Just getting back into comics after a 10 or so year hiatus.

Love Charles Soule Books, Ethan Van Sciver Art, Batman books, Captain America, and The Hulk.

Great to be here!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    You can't change your name! There are laws!

Okeh, there aren't laws, but... I'm going to be so confused for the next month. New names, new avatars, new posters... it's all so new!
    That way you'll learn to know me again. How fantastic that will be!

Names Al, but I go by the handle Overhazard. I got into comics when I was a little kid, reading archie's Sonic the Hedgehog comic. I still read it today, along with mega man and some sonic universe.

I have ventured fairly far from the Marvel DC spectrum and read a lot of different indie books. Archaia's Cyborg 009, (I want a follow up or a Kamen Rider book.) Red Circle Books, Afterlife with Archie, Atomic Robo (I love Robo). I read the first two trades of Saga, I didn't think I was going to like it, and I was right. I also like Transformers More than meets the eye.

I like all kinds of music, mostly classic rock though.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 05-02-2014 at 07:03 AM.

This is fantastic. Seems like there are a lot of different people showing up here. Here's hoping for more.

I'm Gus, used to be StarsAndGarters before the reboot. Posted here between 2005 and... 2011, I think? I don't know. I decided to stop posting because of most of the reasons for the reboot, which kept me away from most of the forums outside of Community anyway. I'm here to give posting another try hoping that we can have a good discussion without the aggression that used to be lurking around every corner.

I'm mostly a Marvel guy, though I'm enjoying more and more Image and other creator-owned books as my favorite writers and artists head that way. Matt Fraction and Ed Brubaker are my big favorites.

I'm married to K'Nort, who hasn't yet signed back up here. We have a three-year-old boy. They are both pretty great.

Hello I’m Graham. I am into science fiction and I am loving the Dark Horse Star Wars Legacy comics. I used to read a whole bunch of Batman and its spin off comics but had to give them up because It cost too much, but that was back in 1997.

Suppose I might as well. I think you can figure out my name for yourselves. I'm 32, live in New York, and getting married this fall to the greatest woman in the world (she's got the certificate and everything!). I've been on CBR for 12 years, since the first version of vBulletin was implemented. I speak nerd fluently; even the nerd stuff I'm not actually into, I've picked up knowledge about through osmosis. Comic-wise, I read a lot of Marvel, some Image, and Astro City, along with plenty of stuff in trade. And there's a lot more I'd like to read. I also write, but not quickly enough. Working on that, because I don't think I can survive 30-40 more years of wage slavery. Jeff Brady (who I hope will be back when his time out is over) is a good buddy of mine, and we're working on a project with another friend. More about that later.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

I'm Neowing, I love video games to mangas and everything between.

I'm a huge fan of Nightwing and birds...I love birds and I am truly jealous of their freedom to fly wherever they want and that's where my username comes.

Princess Awesome bipolar danger girl's Avatar

I am your princess supreme leader. I love nerds, unicorns, poison cookies, rainbows, and murder. I am old, so don't fucking hit on me. Obey, be my adorable minions, embrace your nicknames, and I love you to death.

Forever.

My name is Hod and I'm an alcoholic.

Quote Originally Posted by bipolar danger girl View Post
    I am your princess supreme leader. I love nerds, unicorns, poison cookies, rainbows, and murder. I am old, so don't fucking hit on me. Obey, be my adorable minions, embrace your nicknames, and I love you to death.

Forever.
    Huh? I'm being smothered at your bosom in the chat thread. As we speak! Am I a slut? Yet adventurous? What devious ploy, but then I shouldn't complain. Also, "chat thread" sounds dull as sockballs.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

drunkenorangetree

I'm just another geeky comic book fan. I've been reading them since I was a little boy: Magnus Robot Fighter, Metal Men, Space Family Robinson, besides the usual suspects, Batman, Fantastic Four, etc. I still follow comics pretty closely, and I am somewhat astonished to see how such a nerdly activity has come to dominate popular culture.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Favorite Fandoms: The Crow, Buffy, Angel, Vertigo Comics, Doctor Who, Star Wars, Batman, Indiana Jones.

Favorite TV Shows: Batman:TAS, anything Joss, X-Files, Doctor Who, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs (this is only my short list).

Comics: Batman, The Invisibles, Global Frequency, Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, Sandman, Planetary, Kingdom Come by Mark Waid, The Crow, Promethea, League of Extraordinary Gentleman, Astonishing X-men by Wheadon. (again shortlist).

Favorite Real Geeks: Stephen Hawking, Michio Kaku, Neil Gaiman, Grant Morrison, Jon Zophy(my Undergrad history professor).

Favorite Characters: King Mob, The Doctor, John Constantine, Indiana Jones (I have my degree because of watching his movies)..

Books: The Dresden Files, American Gods, Sherlock Holmes.

Favorite Con(s): Comicpalooza in Houston. My first con ever.

Favorite Geeky Moment(s): Meeting Bear Mcreary last May, and having coffee with James O'Barr.

I've always looked around CBR, but thought I'd get lost in the old community. It's good to be part of the restart.

I'm Michael, I'll be 47 in a couple of months, and I'm from Denmark.

I've been posting on CBR as Pil since 2003 (some may recognize my avatar Humphrey the Dragon). In my civilian life I'm a polymer chemist and I've collected comics since 1972.

Quote Originally Posted by bipolar danger girl View Post

Forever.
    If I can't hit on you, may i just follow you around like a puppy?
    Life is but a dream