Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

I'm Gary. I live in Victoria, British Columbia (Canada). I joined these forums in 2004 a few months after the Great Crash that wiped everyone's accounts. It happened by accident that time. I was big into Thor, X-Men and New Mutants back in the 80's, but I got disgusted by Mega Crossover Marketing Events and stopped buying comics. A friend loaned my wife and me a bunch of Hellboy comics in the early 2000s and I got back into comics again. I don't buy a lot of titles by I love all things that Mike Mignola makes and I buy Hellboy, B.P.R.D., Abe Sapien, Witchfinder and Baltimore. I also buy Mouse Guard, which is created by my friend David Petersen. My wife and I were very involved with the Hellboy forum and made a lot of good friends there. We also enjoyed the chat function that there used to be here and got to know some of the regulars from the Community forum there. My wife (morna) was really into posting on the Rita's threads but she eventually lost interest and doesn't come around here no more. I don't post nearly as much as I used to either, but I still drop by regularly. I have learned much about politics and religion (seriously!) through discussion here. Two great threads from yesteryear were Ask an Atheist and Ask a Jew. I also get drawn into any discussion about guns and gun rights (I am not a fan of guns). My connection with a bunch of people on the Hellboy forum was strengthened when a bunch of us travelled to Comic Con in 2005. It was a great experience to meet friends we made here face to face. Since then we have had several Hellboarders visit us here in BC and we have visited Hellboarders in California, Oregon, Alberta and Michigan. I have also met a bunch of posters from the Community forum, usually gathered around the bar that howyadoin has in his living room in Vancouver. I'm sure that this forum will continue to be a great place to meet interesting people and engage in some awesome banter and dialogue.

streator

Not really sure where else to post this, but here goes:

I'm streator. I had been coming here since the early 2000s, posting fairly regularly from 2002 to now with the present reboot.

I found out about this Wednesday night and was kind of upset. Not so much why it happened or that it did but just that I had nothing to do with it & a part of my past is now more or less gone. I get that what happens here is up to the people controlling things & in the overall picture I'm pretty insignificant. It's not my place to tell someone else how to run their message board.

I was already on the way out before this happened. I don't read monthly comics anymore. I buy the occasional trade & mostly just posted in the community & entertainment forums.

Part of me wants to say I'm done. Another part of me isn't sure. I get the idea behind the reboot but it all just seems a little too controlling. Join us or don't I think I saw someone say. Just seems kind of harsh to people like me who had been a part of this community for a long time without an issue all of a sudden.

So, I don't know if I'll be back or not. Possibly not. If this gets deleted, fine, just wanted to say my peace in case this is it. Thanks for the good times, cbr. I am appreciative of this place & the enjoyment I've gotten out of it over the past 12-13 years or whatever. Hope that this change is what you want it to be. Just not sure if I'll be a part of it.

Fantastic Member

You know who I am.

Say my name.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    You know who I am.

Say my name.
    Heisenberg?
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Hod View Post
    My name is Hod and I'm an alcoholic.
    "Hi Hod."

You know who I am.

Say my name.
    Just don't say it three times.

You know who I am.

Say my name.
    Harvey Weinstein?

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

You know who I am.

Say my name.
    Norm!!! .

You know who I am.

Say my name.
    jjooooooooooooooooeee!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post

Just don't say it three times.
    It's showtime!!!!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

You know, I never got to do thins back in the old days of the forums. Now I have a second chance! Cool!

Anyhoo, my name is Jeff, I'm currently 55 (making me a CBR oldhead) and I was born, raised and still living in West Philadelphia (thus the "WestPhilly" part of my handle). The only reason I'm still here in da 'hood is because I haven't won the Powerball Lottery for some obscene amount of money, allowing me to move to the suburbs! Heh!

But I digress. I served honorably in the U.S. Navy for 20 years from 1976 to 1996, spent half that time on ships and got to see the world, places like Pearl Harbor, Tokyo, (South) Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Philipines, Australia, Spain, France, Italy, Israel, heck, I even spent a couple of weeks in the honest to gosh Bermuda Triangle (drug interdiction exercise, to this day, I find that laughable) in 1991, and believe me, I was terrified the whole damn time, fearing the ship I was on would disappear to God only knows where. After retiring from the service, I tried my hand at retail (support crew at Neiman-Marcus), but I didn't at all like it, then I a position in the federal government at a Personnel Clerk in 1999, and I've been there ever since. I'm hoping to stay with the government for at least twenty years like I had in the Navy.

As for hobbies, I love watching sports, pretty much everything except for golf and tennis, and I love baseball, football, basketball, hockey, even some soccer. Yes, I also love comic books, been reading them since I was ten or so, my favorite superheroes are Iron Man (Marvel) and Green Lantern (DC). I'm a big fan of Japanese anime, I have a huge collection here at home and enjoy lots of genres: sci-fi, mecha, comedy, horror, moe, slice-of-life, harems, yuri, you name it, I've watched it. While I watch plenty of TV, I don't watch much in the way of scripted shows, my passion being documentary shows like How It's Made, Mythbusters, The First 48, Through The Wormhole with Morgan Freeman and Outrageous Acts of Science. Finally, my other great passion is Pink Lady, a mega-popular Japanese pop music duo from the 1970's. I even have a website devoted to the Ladies.

Well, that's pretty much it, folks! Feel free to comment as you will!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

All-New Member

So, I'm -Harleyquinn.
    I'm in Campbell, CA. I'm 23 years old, turning 24 next month.
    I've actually never read a comic book. ^^; I never asked for them as a kid, and I haven't gotten around to buying one yet. But that will change this summer!
    I'm in love with the Batman series, I watched Batman: the animated series as a kid...and just this year I played Injustice: Gods Among Us with a friend at their place, and Harley Quinn was my favorite to play as. Playing the game reminded me about how much I loved Harley Quinn as a kid.

I just learned about this site. I wanted to join, so I can learn more about the Batman series, as well as hopefully also learning more about Harley Quinn. <3

BANNED

You know who I am.

Say my name.
    "KENSHIRO..." *dies from shotgun blast*

All-New Member

Hi I'm Sarah from Stockport nr Manchester in the uk, currently an old fart of 44 this August.

love photography, reading, comics and anything batman, love going to the movies.

I have a small collection of comics and GN compared to most but getting there.

Amazing Member

Never mind. I think i have made a mistake.
    Last edited by BumbleBecc; 05-04-2014 at 09:01 AM.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

I am 'Dox. I am LEGEND (as in, mostly fictional and often without a real point )!

53 year old white Midwestern male, happily divorced since '89 with no kids. Been here since '97 and I've been reading comics since I was 4, but stopped buying anything new for various reasons back in '06 (financial being high on the list). Feeding the beast with super-hero MMOs, making my own universes, first with my recently deceased love, City of Heroes and now with Champions Online.

I'm a voluntary recluse and a mild misanthrope, but with a goofy grin.

NOW YOU DAMNED KIDS GET OFF'N MAH LAWN!
    Last edited by Paradox; 05-03-2014 at 10:33 AM.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)