Page 81 of 92 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1370
    All-New Member

Hi all,

I just discovered this forum and thought I'd jump in. I've been a fairly casual comic reader. I've mostly been into the movies, tv adaptations and other things. I'm trying to cut down on screen time though so I'm thinking of getting more into comics.

I want to get more into the backstories on the shows I've liked. Definitely want to learn more about the source material for Legion.

I'm also down for talking video games, sports, whatever else.

All-New Member

Hi, my name is Ashley. I'm a big fan of film, TV, games and books. In my spare time I share my passion for film through my Youtube channel with reviews on the latest cinema releases and old, as well as just general movie talk.
    Comics is something I plan on getting into big time, its a medium that I've never really got into until recently, with my collection already growing. I look forward to chatting/discussing with like-minded people.

All-New Member

Well I am staying up late watching both amazing spidermans. I did not like the idea that peters parents were behind his spider powers or whatever they dd. so I never really gave them a shot. I have fond memories of CBR chat room. Thats how far back I go. Is this place still owned by .. damn was it Jonah? I used to chat with him and I went to two comic con dinners with him.
    I used to be Big Jim Mctagert Boss of the soutside. It was fun. I would come in to work at five in the morning to download message traffic for my command and there was two hours to play on the internet so I ended up with friends in New Zealand.
    So I sold all my comics. I had never sold a comic before so I had the ones from my childhood and I am fifty eight now so somebody made some money off me. I really had too much stuff to keep. My grandfathers garage was going to be rented and five hundred bucks is five hundred bucks.

I remember CEI U , Falcoria, FLy on the wall. gosh, i could just start listing names Its almost like they were real people that I knew.
    I dont buy anymore. every once in awhile I will go into a barnes and Nobles and read a few TPB s
    I live in San Diego and another CBR er was named Silver Spider, He lived in San Diego with his fanily and they all were silver this or silver that. I got to visit one time and he gave me a marijuana plant. I wish I had a green thumb but the poor thing died. Now its legal YAY!
    RIght now I am retired and looking for friends. Maybe someone in my age group to go see Marvel movies in three dee when they come out.
    wow so gwen stacy knew Peter was Spiderman? I actually read the comics while peter was dating gwen before the death comic which I read live on the montly experience of comics.
    To confess I was able to pretend I was the hulk or iron man way into my adulthood. I cant say when I lost it but Jackie Paper no longer visits Puff in my case.
    I fanasize now about being a father and other missed opportunities.
    The old montly comics were great fantasy ammunition with me acting out all the cliffhangers how I would want the story to turn out.
    I guess I dont have adolescent power fantasies anymore. I still have affection for the material, I just cant pretend I am Spiderman. Man wasnt that opening for Capt Marvel a great send off for Stan Lee? the one for Endgame was a little too much.
    My Nephew went to see Capt Marvel with me and we are kind of starting a thing where he goes to the marvel movies with me but he is starting Medical School now in Chicago so I told him I will pretend he is sitting next to me.
    I tell you. I was so ready to not like the third Hellboy film but it worked from the comics! It was fun seeing all these story lines getting their time on screen. I loved the tpb where Hellboy diedl I caught that at a Barnes And Nobles.
    I went thru a phase when I was downloading conmics off torrent sites and I built this amazing external harddrive with a life time supply of comics and I read like a fiend but the hard drive went bad. All glory is fleeting. Then Cox cable got on me for downloading so I had to quit.
    Well if anyone remembers me from the old days give a shout out. Any body want to say anything I would like that.
    Well its about time to switch moives I will let you all go

Hey everybody, I'm Cole aka thinkman, longtime reader first time poster.

I'm pretty much into every form of media under the sun and I've been a comics reader since grade school. For the last few years I've been self teaching myself to make comics from the writers side, and decided to take the next big step: networking. What better than one of the biggest comic forums on the internet! My big inspirations are Grant Morrison and Dwayne Mcduffie, but my three biggest passions that influence my art the most outside of comics are outsider/indie media, modern world history, and obscure/ non mainstream religions/beliefs. If you'd like to check out some of my writing samples I have a thread on my first finished script that should go live soon once mods approve, and if you can't wait for that or would rather read short stories or other forms of writing than a comics script, feel free to shoot me a message, I'm very online and can get back to you ASAP. I look forward to chatting with y'all and hopefully getting into some awesome discussions fairly soon.

Hey, I'm Frances.

I'm mainly here because I'm obsessed with Catwoman, but I read and collect some other stuff too. Thought I may as well introduce myself because I've started posting a little more.

Don't know what else to say, really. Although, if anyone can point me to the rules about what sort of material can be posted, that'd be lovely. Got an inkling that the cover contest thread could be enriched with a particularly beautiful Alex Ross Vampirella cover. Also got an inkling it might get me into trouble.

All-New Member

New here! I'm DoctorPlus because I love Doctor Sleep and got a Disney Plus account!

In other words, hi everyone!

Ny name, age, background and where I live and other external facts about my life is not something I'm interested in sharing. Not because it's a secret, I just find it irrelevant. And because I don't like it, just like I don't like that people are able to watch me with my eyes closed.

I also like the anonymity, but hate it when someone abuse the anonymity to act in a way they would never do if speaking with others face to face. Neither do I like strawmen or when someone dehumanize their oppononets. Respect and tolerance goes both ways.

Internal facts, like opinions and and views, is something I don't mind sharing. Like that I'm an atheist. For me that's a complete non-issue, but I realize that for some it's a big deal. Probably a cultural thing. I have also zero interest in sports, vehicles and beer. I have tried psychedelics a few times, but so far there has been no effect. Would like to travel a lot more than I do, which is rare. Sometimes ignorance really is a bliss.

I'm glad I had the chance to grow up in a world with video stores, comics sold in gas stations and grocery stores, actual cel animation, phone booths and a pre-www world. Internet has given us much, but is a time stealer and information is still very hard to find sometimes.
    Lately I have become more interested in older movies, like some (but not all) of the titles from Hitchcock. The films I grew up with are such an integrated part of me that I have no need to own them on DVD.

Generally I like all kinds of comics as long as they are about superheroes, fantasy, science fiction and speculative fiction in general. Never liked war, romance and westerns and so on. My oldest superhero comics are from DC and some Marvel. I have absolutely no recollection of buying them (or more correctly, asking my mother to buy them), probably because I was still in kindergarten back then. So I guess I was attraxted to superheroes from a very early age. I'm less interested in them today because I don't like the directions they took some years ago. They are way too political these days.

What comics are concerned I grew up in a vacuum. There were probably others buying them, but I never met them. Me and my younger brother were reading them (he was reading what I was buying), and most titles didn't have a letter column, so I had no idea what was going on in the world of comics other than what I was buying and reading. For all I knew I was the only one in the world buying them. Which I'm grateful for, because if I had been goind to a comic book store filled with other readers, they would probably have told others what they should and shouldn't read, what was crap and what was great (in their opinion). All that I was spared.

Amongst other interests I enjoy reading about biology, paleontology, science and some technology. But can't stand reality shows and don't like any program concepts where there are just one of few winners while the rest ends up as losers. Like humor such as good parodies, but not candid camera or Jackass etc.

Hello my name is zauriel. Nice to meet you

Hello. I've been a comic book fan for a long time now. Batman was my first foray into the world of comics and the caped crusader remains a firm favourite. I enjoy a fair selection of DC and Marvel (X-Men in particular) and anything that sparks my interest, really. Over the last few years, I've been getting more and more into Judge Dredd. I look forward to joining in the discussions here.

Amazing Member

Hi, I signed up a few years ago, but I'm new here as well

Amazing Member

Hello,

Been lurking for a few years and finally decided to register. I like a lot of different stuff in comics, books, movies and music.

Danj2117

Hola, I'm Dan, I'm from the midlands, UK and i love geeky stuff! Specifically fantasy comics however I'm a huge marvel and DC superhero comic fan too, as well as a big movie buff. A few random ice-breakers about me;
    My favourite movie is The Lord of the rings (the trilogy, which i always watch as one.) My favourite comic ever made is Hellboy. My favourite DC character is Aquaman. My favourite Bond is Roger Moore and my favourite Star Wars movie, is of course, Empire.

I found this forum via the little community button on the CBR website, which I seem to have been oblivious towards for the past five years.
    Looking forward to meeting some people with similar interests and making some friends!

Welcome all newcomers!

Quote Originally Posted by Danj2117 View Post
    Hola, I'm Dan, I'm from the midlands, UK and i love geeky stuff! Specifically fantasy comics however I'm a huge marvel and DC superhero comic fan too, as well as a big movie buff. A few random ice-breakers about me;
    My favourite movie is The Lord of the rings (the trilogy, which i always watch as one.) My favourite comic ever made is Hellboy. My favourite DC character is Aquaman. My favourite Bond is Roger Moore and my favourite Star Wars movie, is of course, Empire.

I found this forum via the little community button on the CBR website, which I seem to have been oblivious towards for the past five years.
    Looking forward to meeting some people with similar interests and making some friends!
    Welcome from another Midlander!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Amazing Member

Welcome to the forum everyone else.. I am new here as well, but I'm certain we will have some fun times here. I signed up a few years ago, but I have started posting more recently.

All-New Member

Hi folks,

I'm a new member as well. Life-long reader and collector of comics for over thirty years. In 2010, I started an open source project to provide a comic book reader in the browser called Kthoom. Some of you may have used it, a Chrome web app that uses it, or projects that have forked from it.

I've been hacking on it a little more recently, so I thought I would sign up and try to learn more from the community.

Jeff