Page 82 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1370

Hello, my name is Matt and I am in Ohio. I was heavy into comics in the 80s and early 90s. I am now just getting back into them.
    Last edited by NastyCanasta; 01-24-2020 at 11:31 AM.

All-New Member

Hello all. I am the creator of the ellenate webcomic.

Would "creator showcase" be the best place to shamelessly self-promote a comic (...it feels like it would be)?

Hello!
    I joined this forum because I want to purchase my teacher a really cool gift for the end of this school year! He is the biggest Spider-Man fan I know, and I am someone who doesn't really follow the comic world (sorry). I was hoping that maybe someone could give me a gift idea or two for him? Also, a couple friends of mine were going to pitch in to help purchase the gift. Anyways, thanks in advance and as far as I know he loves everything to do with Spider-Man!
    -signing as Anonymous in fear that he could see this lol!

Hello all, new dude from the west coast. I joined this forum because I wanted a place to discuss comic books, books, and movies that isn't Reddit. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Hey there! I'm a long-time comic reader and fan, particularly of old and obscure stuff. I also got a webcomic about characters from the public domain superhero wiki. Did you like Terra Obscura and Project Superpowers? Then you'll probably dig The Power of Stardust.

I look forward to hanging out here. It seems like a pretty fun place.
    Reimagined public domain superheroes in a 1945 that never was!
    Read the superhero webcomic THE POWER OF STARDUST!

All-New Member

Hello. I'm Tayree. I live on the east side of Indianapolis. I am a group insurance underwriter and work from home. Business is a little slow right now so I'm doing this. I am 59 years old. I am married with 6 kids all out of the house....YAY! though 3 are still in college. My youngest son is in college working on an animation degree. He's always been into Manga and has been drawing since he was 4.

My interest these days are mostly sports related, Go Colts, Pacers, Reds and Stanley Cup Champion Blues! I also have a light interest in US history. I collect and actually race, or "play with" if you prefer, Hot Wheels. I set up different races and keep track of results. Yes, I'm one of those spread sheet dudes. I love comedy and stand up comedians. I listen to 70s and 80s rock mostly. My 1st concert and still favorite band is Queen. My favorite movie is Field of Dreams.

I'm not a big reader but have read all of the Dan Brown books. I've not read a comic book for 45+ years but I would like to find a graphic novel series or 2 to read and collect. I'm thinking about getting in to East of West. I'd love to find a sports related series, alternative history series or even a Fast and Furious type of story with cars and/or racing as the background.

OK. That's me. I'm open to all suggestions.

ccman9892012

HI there, I'm Matt and I have been an avid comic book collector since I was about 4 or 5 when my dad bought me my first Star Wars comic around 1983 or so. It was #67 of the series and I still remember my dad reading it to me. Not too long after that I got my first G.I. Joe comic which was #15. Over the next few years I would be given an issue here and there (not being old enough to make any of my own money yet) and it somewhat kept my interest until 1987 when I bought my first comic with my own money. It was G.I. Joe #73 and it started a life long collecting habit. I didn't branch out into any other comics until around 1990 when my older cousin talked to me about Uncanny X-Men. So i picked up #267 (second appearance of Gambit) from the grocery store spinner rack and that was all she wrote. I couldn't get enough of them! Batman, Spider-man, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer you name it! Not to mention the ungodly cool comics that Dark Horse was producing of Aliens and Predator. That's what actually brought me to my first comic shop as the newsstands didn't sell them. I was obsessed with the Aliens movie and wanted more! So around 1991 was when I was first introduced to the pull list concept. A list you could give the the owner that would make sure you had the newest issue on hold for you every month?! Well duh, that's a no-brainer! Needless to say the 90's was a blur of comic book goodness for me.

These days I still love comics but I have primarily moved my interest into the buying and selling category. I still am neck deep into the reading aspect and keeping up on the new storylines but also with an eye on the retail side of things. I have a store on eBay, Comic Book Nirvana, that lets me live out my childhood dream of having my own comic books store. I'm glad to be apart of a community that shows such passion for the hobby that has taken up so much of my life. Looking forward to lots of good and informative discussions from this community!

Hi there, long time lurker of CBR for comic book news and the history of certain characters.

Growing up I only read comics during the book fairs my elementary schools held each year. They always had a marvel comic on sell and believe it or not my first comic book was the collection the first few issues of Spider-Girl (the manga size booklet). Around junior high I found a comic book shop in my city, it was far, but it was the only place I could find Sonic the Hedgehog comics at the time. Until last year my main crop of comics have been based on licensed material like Sonic, Skylanders, TMNT, ect...

Now I'm following too many comics to list.

I hope to be making my own comics or video games someday. Currently a graphic design/graphics art student (in a city that's jobless for that occupation)

Hi, I’ve read CBR boards for quite a while now and have finally decided to come join in!

I’m 25 and live in a town near London in the UK. I have always collected X-Men books, probably since I was about 10 years old. I also enjoy lots of comic-related games, tv shows and films! However, my main love and pretty much the only books I read are X-Men. Tbh, I love anything superhero!

I'm a long-time reader of CBR and less long-time lurker here on the boards. I'm 40 years old and have only begun seriously collecting in the last year or so.

Heyyyyyy!! Longtime lurker and lifelong X-fan from Chicago. Recently got back into comics thanks to HOX/POX.

polcelery

Hi, I'm Pol. I've been wanting to go in for some time, but time is money and I've finally been able to come in.

All-New Member

Hi,
    I'm new here. Got back into comics in the last 12 months.
    As a kid my Grandfather bought me the Commando books, I progressed into Battle (Charley's War, etc), Action Force, Transformers, Dragon's Claws and Death's Head. And there I stopped.
    I stumbled across the recent Furman / Senior project To The Death which got me back in to comics. This has included revisiting Death's Head and what happened to Marvel UK with Death's Head II, picking up the new IDW Transformers run and Death's Head: Clone Drive. Hoping 2020 brings more Death's Head...

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Hi all, new member here, have been lurking a bit once in a while

I read all kinds of comics, always interested in new ones, Star Wars comics are a long time favorite, also have read quite a bit of various marvel books over the years. First comics I read, or remember reading, were x men and gi joe

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Is there a way to get notifications if someone quotes a post of yours?