Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1370
    H311blazer

Hiya,
    I'm Rach. You can probably guess at my comic taste from my username, ha. Decided to join here as I have spent too long discussing graphic novels on other sites - might as well come to a place where everyone is on the same wavelength!
    Recommendations always welcome.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Hello to all the newbies.

Detective Comic Talks

Hey guys, Soo happy to finally join the community here. I have my own weekly podcast and have a Instagram account if anyone is interested in giving it a listen and getting involved with the discussion. again guys thank you soo much for having me.

Hi guys! I’m Fede, 28, from Italy. I’m kind of new in the comics universe, been a fan of Marvel comics for about 5 years now. I always liked Spider-man, but never explored the rest of Marvel universe before Hickman’s Secret Wars. That’s when I became a fan of Doctor Doom too, and he’s actually my all time favourite. Started collecting comics very recently too.

I’ve always been a nerd. I’m a Star Wars fan since Phantom Menace came out, actually had a glorious crush on Qui-Gon Jinn back then (I was 8). I collect Star Wars books, comics and Black Series (only the characters I like though). I’m proud to be a Potterhead. And I’m a huge fan of Tolkien. The Lord of the Rings’s been my first love, never forgotten.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

hello im mostly into gaming and marvel (although ive fallen behind the last couple of months. i was reading hickman's new x-men and iron man 2020) and i enjoy a nice shitpost or two

TomByrne

Hi!

This comics lark is pretty good, isn't it? Currently reading Transmetropolitan and the Invisibles. Both barmy in very different ways.

Hello

Started reading Wolverine and the X-Men a couple months ago and couldn’t stop.
    Recently picked up Tomasi’s Batman and Robin run and I can’t stop reading it. Now
    I’m here to find more because I can’t stop reading these stories.

All-New Member

Hi guys, I just got to this forum, but I have been reading comics a long time ago and I also draw and tell comic book stories too. Please watch out for my webcomic, coming very soon.
    Last edited by swaleola1; 07-12-2020 at 03:46 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Hey guys. I originally joined CBR to chat with artists and fellow comic lovers. Used to try that on DeviantArt, but man its like a troll hive..

Im an artist and hope to someday release an indie graphic novel or two. Id also like to try to get more discussions going in the artist section of this forum.

Right now Im kindof in my Mike Mignola phase, as I 'discovered' him a few months back. Also recently finished Locke & Key, and working on the hardback archive of the old Creepy magazines.
    That's is pretty cool.

Remybunny14

Goodness where to start:

Hello, I'm Remybunny or Effie (either is fine).

I've been reading comics really for 10 years.

I've had this account for 3 years, but I never really chatted in any of the forums because I'm shy. I made this account because I like comics and I wanted to chat with people who also like comics (and manga, video games, anime, cartoons and art).

My favorite comics are: Spider-Man , X-Men, Supes, Bats, any other Marvel and DC comics, but especially the first two because I grew up with them.

I'm really embarrassed on telling the manga/animes I like.

I collect plushes, I love stuff animals. I have a lot of the Mavel (and Disney) Tsum Tsum plushes. The Spider-Man ones are my favorite (and close second is the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 tsum tusm)

I want to get to know people here and make friends. So, what comics do you guys like?

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Hello, all. I've always been a fan of superheroes since young, but I've only started seriously reading comic books (X-Men) this year after years of feeling severely underwhelmed by Fox' X-Men movie franchise. Dark Phoenix was the last straw for me. I'm reading it from its original run in 1963 and am only at #10. I borrowed a lot of X-Men comics from the library and I plan to buy my own like X-Men Blue and Astonishing X-Men Omnibus (Whedon & Cassaday). My display name reflects my all-time favourite comic book characters. I look forward to posting in this forum and joining interesting discussions.

All-New Member

Hello, For years I collected 1950s horror comics like EC and other banned titles. I am now starting to collect some of the newer titles, especially Marvel like Venom, Black Panther etc. Glad that I registered as this looks like a great place to discuss and learn about comics.

All-New Member

Hello all from Italy, totally newbie here, totally old (uhm... vintage) in the comics world.

All-New Member Paulo DeFreitas Jr.'s Avatar

Hey guys. I'm Paulo DeFreitas Jr.
    I'm 45, so an old fart for most of you, and I just finished my first graphic novel, "Bloody Perks," which is on Kickstarter now.
    About a vegan who becomes a vampire, tries to fight his need to drink blood as hard as he can, and unleashes a **** storm.
    I was developing this story for a 10-episode tv series when the pandemic hit.
    I found myself with no work and a lot of time in my hands.
    So I asked myself "why not make this into a graphic novel?" --- I went for it.
    Five months later I had 152 pages of it ready.
    In an ideal world, without COVID-19, I would be throwing tons of parties in Comics Shops around the country to introduce the book,
    but our world isn't that kind of world anymore. So it seems.
    I enjoy human contact, laughing and making people laugh, so I miss that a lot these days.
    It's nice to at least be able to connect in a place like CBR!
    Check out my book on Kickstarter, but don't expect Marvel/DC or you'll be disappointed!
    The book looks more like the old Johnny Quest cartoon on shrooms, and it's an anti-hero horror/comedy, not a superhero one.
    Let me know what you think!
    Last edited by Paulo DeFreitas Jr.; 09-11-2020 at 10:18 AM.

All-New Member

Hell o I´m a long time hardcore comics/bande-dessinée and manga fan, 35 years old, I live in Mexico. I actually don´t read that many new comics most of the time, I mostly study over and over stuff I already love, but I´m always up to discover something new of course. I think comics are the perfect medium, the greatest artistic medium because you get "hold" a living thing, suspended yet alive. Unlike film which really is painfully ephemeral (as the images just slip thru your fingers in time as they do in real life), in comics you get to feel the life of the panel, and yet it remains there, you can study it and go back and forth. It also represents a sweetspot in audience-author participation since the audience can´t just imagine whatever they want (as in literature) but they still have to participate in a very active way to make the illusion come alive. As I said I love the output of authors from all over the world, and I have been very much into superheroes (Spawn Batman and Spiderman mainly, bigtime) but also into the broader idea of what comics are in Europe and Japan (and in USA as well with stuff like Crumb, Chris Ware, Al Columbia etc).
    Ever since I was small I´ve always thought only of being an author, first I wanted to write novels (I was a very avid reader when I was younger) but that migrated to comics later on. I am an author but I don´t want to self-promote here. (Went to artschool in France) I of course want to share my stuff here and get your feedback, but I will try to do that later when I think it´s you know, polite and pertinent.
    I look forward to participating in the forums. Examples of stuff I think are among the best: Little Nemo, Dark Knight Returns/Dark Knight Strikes Again, Akira, Alien 9, Pim and Francie. I immensely admire Friedrich Nietzsche and see him as a sort of guide/teacher in life.