Page 87 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1370
    All-New Member

Hi my name is Burrunguy.

I am a huge comic book and sci fi fan. I was first introduced to DC and Marvel through the classic 90s Batman and Spider-Man animated series. (Not surprisingly Batman and Spider-Man are my favourite characters and the Joker and Venom are my favourite villains.)

I am currently trying to put together my own shared universe, two in fact. A horror one and a superhero one, and I'd like to work with other artists and writers here. I have a lot of characters, but it's hard to try and find the time for all of them. Ironically even more so in the lockdown as my depression has gotten worse in the last few months.

I'll post what I've already done here and see if anyone has any interest.

All-New Member

Hi I'm Mark, and I live in Essex in the UK. I have been collecting comics for 50 years, so my attic is quite full ! I have an almost complete collection of the original Brave and the Bold series, and quite a few early Batman. I have recently started a You Tube channel, and a website all about comics. It would be great if you could have a look and let me know what you think. It's at suddenlycomics.com.

Hi there, I'm Michael. I write books. I like to play old video games, talk about irrelevant nonsense at conventions, and cook. Sometimes I design games or produce podcasts. And of course, I like to read comics... I started back in the mid to late 80s with Spider-Man, Daredevil, Hulk, and the X-Men. My favorites have been Sandman, the Invisibles, Nextwave, Doom Patrol, and Garth Ennis's run on Constantine.

I stopped being able to follow comics sometime around 2010, so I picked up a Marvel Unlimited to catch up on what I missed... and decided to start with Fantastic Four #1 back in 1961 instead.

Anyway, glad to be here, and hope to connect well enough that I can tap into what's up with comics circa 2021.
    Last edited by mcoorlim; 04-05-2021 at 08:27 AM. Reason: made thread to ask q

Hey. I've been reading comics for so long that I normally forget what my first comic was. Nonetheless I love the medium and I look forward to chatting with people who love it just as i do.

...I thought this place was dead years ago...and here it is......with my account still here.
    Is this a Krakoan miracle?
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Name is Mike. Haven't posed on Forums in a very long time. Also, got tired of lurking and not seeing all the pictures in the posts.

Amazing Member

Hello Everybody.
    My Name is Manuel and im from Germany, but you can call me by my username...thats less confusing for all.

Been a long time comic book reader, mostly DC...which has become easier over the years thanks to the whole digital comics stuff.
    But im not the biggest fan of that to be honest, i like my comics in physical manner.
    However, if i dont want to get spoiled etc i need to go with Online over at Comixology...so when the weekly comics come out, im reading them early in the morning online.
    Then the issues i liked i buy physical later on, since it takes a while for them to arrive here(especially due to the current pandemic).

Anyway, i digress.

Hello Everyone, i hope we get along and have good discussion about on of our favorite hobby.

Hello, my name is Ayen. I'm 31 and was born in Kansas City, KS, but I currently live in Osawatomie, KS. I read both Marvel and DC comics mainly. I started out with Spider-Man in the 90s having been introduced to several superheroes through their animated series at the time. My first comic was actually the third part of the Clone Saga that introduced the first Scarlet Spider, and he quickly became one of my favorites. I also read some X-Men, Superman, Batman, Supergirl, and Batgirl comics.

I've recently developed my own comic book that is still being worked on, and I've done several videos on YouTube about video games and movies. My favorite video game is "Monster Rancher," while my favorite film is "The NeverEnding Story." I currently work for the state of Kansas at a state mental hospital as a food serviceman and I work on their monthly newsletter and help assist in a computer course on one of the units. I love to write, to make videos, anything where I'm creating, and of course I love to read comics. I'm currently reading through a book called "Marvel a year by year visual history" which showcases everything Marvel has done from 1939 to 2016 and am currently waiting for a DC comics version of that book to be delivered to me.

My favorite Marvel hero is Spider-Man, and my favorite DC hero is Supergirl. I'm a big fan of the CW's Supergirl series. I literally found out about the site today googling "Comic book forums" as I wish to find a good discussion forum about comics, so here I am.

Nice to meet you all.

Amazing Member

Hi, I'm Forlorn.

Relatively new to comics, started with DC's New 52 before jumping back and reading some Post-Crisis stuff. Still haven't branched out too far from my origins, but I'm working on it. I'm slow to change, because I started with Manga and I'm still not quite used to how comics release.

I'm Tiara! I've been reading comics ever since I became obsessed with Storm when I was a kid. I'm also in the business of comics. Not creating them unfortunately. I'm an associate producer for a comics-focused youtube channel. I also do copywriting and editing for freelance writers in the fields of gaming and graphic novels. I just came by this site through a friend. Pleased to meet everybody.

Hello there!

My online aliases are Hange_Zoë (the character on my profile pic), or Detective. It's nice to meet you all. I'm from the USA.

I'm basically new to this forum, I have sporadically visited this website over the years, but rarely. I haven't read comics in a while. I'm currently trying to figure out how to get into modern comic books in general. I'm a fan of video games as well and I'm currently looking for a new video game to play. If you have any personal questions feel free to PM me, and I might tell you the answer depending on the situation.

Take care!
    Last edited by Oracle; 01-09-2022 at 06:25 PM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Communitydetective View Post
    Hello there!

My name is Ashwin. It's nice to meet you all. I'm from the USA.. (I know that the telling of my location narrows down who I am a bit more on social media.. Oh well. :P )

I'm basically new to this forum, I haven't visited this website for 5 + years probably. I haven't read comics in a while. I'm currently trying to figure out how to get into the Batman comic books. I'm a fan of video games as well and I'm currently playing The Last of Us Part II. If you have any personal questions feel free to PM me, and I might tell you the answer depending on the situation.

Take care!
    If you don't want to read the classics and don't want to read the meh Batman or meh Detective Comics ongoings... try The Batman's Grave, Curse of the White Knight, Gotham Central, Batman by Morrison, Batman by Dini, Court of Owls, Last Crusade

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    If you don't want to read the classics and don't want to read the meh Batman or meh Detective Comics ongoings... try The Batman's Grave, Curse of the White Knight, Gotham Central, Batman by Morrison, Batman by Dini, Court of Owls, Last Crusade
    Sounds good, thanks for the help.

Michael Bergland

Just saying Hello. I'm a self taught artist from Vancouver BC Canada interested in drawing comics. I look forward to sharing some of my sequential art with you all very soon.

All-New Member

Hello Peeps.. i am a blogger and i post lots of engaging content.