Page 9 of 92 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post

Just don't say it three times.
    but Knock Three Times, on the Ceiling if you waaaaaant meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Jvs...yer_detailpage
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    but Knock Three Times, on the Ceiling if you waaaaaant meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Jvs...yer_detailpage
    twice on the pipe if the answer is nooooooo

I'm kind of surprised that hasn't shown up on the playlist in a few weeks.

I suppose it's my turn now. My name's Jim, I'll be 26 soon (5 more days!!) and I live in Orange County with my beautiful wife and year old son. Reading about some other people's jobs, mine sounds a bit boring in comparison, but I enjoy it. Being a food salesman is kinda fun. On the side I manage a 9/10 year old Little League team with some help from my old high school teammates and my wife and I volunteer together at a retirement community when time permits.

And of course, I love comics. I've been reading them since 1993 when my cousins hyped up Superman's death to the point that I had to beg my mom to let me buy a copy. And then it just kept on growing from there. Luckily my cousins and uncle had been collecting comics for awhile so I had a plethora comics to read whenever I was at their house.

That's about the gist of it!
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

I never introduced myself the first round, now I have to do that I suppose
    The new boards reminded me of Justice League Unlimited, that is why I chose my new screen name
    I was a comic reader since I was 6, casual mostly, started reading continuously starting with the year 2007, reboots and what's not made a good point for me to completely drop titles, cause after the "How Many Times do you Read Your Comics?" thread from the older boards I came to the decision of making it easier for myself to read the material I already have repeatedly

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I am 'Dox. I am LEGEND (as in, mostly fictional and often without a real point )!

53 year old white Midwestern male, happily divorced since '89 with no kids. Been here since '97 and I've been reading comics since I was 4, but stopped buying anything new for various reasons back in '06 (financial being high on the list). Feeding the beast with super-hero MMOs, making my own universes, first with my recently deceased love, City of Heroes and now with Champions Online.

I'm a voluntary recluse and a mild misanthrope, but with a goofy grin.

NOW YOU DAMNED KIDS GET OFF'N MAH LAWN!
    I remember you. You're pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR League Unlimited View Post
    The new boards reminded me of Justice League Unlimited,
    Hmmm how so?
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

I know you're trying to find out where I hang my cape. YOU WON'T.

Travis, 26 years of age and a diehard Superman fan. Currently engaged to my wonderful girlfriend of 7 1/2 years and work in the prideful Steel Mill's of Pittsburgh, PA. As far as my mind could go back, Superman has been apart of it. My first introduction to Superman was the Fleischer cartoons and the Christopher Reeve movies, both where I completely shredded the film of the VHS tapes from over-watching them and forced my family to re-buy VHS tape after VHS tape. I've always collected Superman and grew up in the Death of Superman era. Once I got into sports and school, I got away from comic collecting but started back into it once I found my older comics and started consistently collecting weekly/monthly in 2007. I also collect everything Superman that includes movies, statues, action figures, busts, lunch box's, cards, etc etc and preparing for my mancave/Fortress of Solitude one day!

Alex, I'm 23 from California, if you couldn't already tell my favorite character is Deathstroke, (but not his New 52 version) but I like plenty of other characters. I've "been" with this site for a while now but I never felt like joining, but now that the forums were "restarted" I figured I'd give it a shot.

I enjoy playing sport's like football, basketball, and running. My job is plumbing which I had no interest in doing until I learned it payed quite well, and now I sort of enjoy it.

Lee, 29. Medical Laboratory Technician for the U.S. Army, stationed at Joint Base Lewis-Mccord, WA. Read Spider-man and X-men growing up but after getting back into comics over the last year or so after taking about a decade off from them I have no desire to get caught up on all the changes. Mostly read Spider-Man, Deadpool, Hellboy, Batman, and other indie stuff. I'm also one of those HC only kinda guys. Married with two kids who are turning into comic fans too and and am converting the wifey. She likes Wonder Woman and some Superman so far.

I'm Lois, 19, Asian-American. About to enter freshman year of college. I got to know about superheroes through the WB kids shows, back in the day. It got me interested in comics, and the DCU at large. My favorite characters are Jubilee Lee and Cassandra Cain. Asian heroines ftw! Right now, I've been buying purely digital; mainly collecting Marvel Now and older Marvel stories. Will patiently wait for the next DC reboot before I buy any new DC comics(will still buy pre-52 though). I'm probably the only one in my circle of friends who reads comics, so I go to the internet(places like CV, FF.net, and here) to talk about them. I started at Comicvine, but then I realized that CBR was more better-informed, so I moved here. Just signed up a few weeks ago, and then had my account rebooted^^

My hobbies are sketching, biking, web surfing and playing League of Legends(I main mid, jg and sup--but I haven't played ranked yet.). I listen to a slight range of music, but lately, I prefer the quiet to my itunes. I'm looking to be an animator when I graduate, but I'm open to other art paths as well.
    Last edited by Zainu; 05-06-2014 at 08:44 PM.

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

I... I don't even know what happened here. So I'm just going to assume that Jonah got drunk and accidentally pressed the Reset Button again.

The name's Kevin. I've been a member of the CBR forums since... maybe '98 or '99? Since the main site had one of those java chat boxes, anyway. That was the coolest thing. I used to post a lot of obsessive nerdy posts about DC continuity, until Dan DiDio got drunk and pressed the Reset Button. Nowadays there doesn't seem to be much point.

I started reading comics in the mid to late 70's, almost as soon as I learned to read. Those were the days. Vartox challenging Superman for Lana Lang's affection! Kamandi and Doctor Canus roaming the devastated Earth! Marvel Star Wars comics! ROM the spaceknight! Good times. Since then I've waxed and waned, almost (but not quite) giving up on comics from '94-2004, but I can never shake the habit. Ink just gets in your blood.

These days everything is in flux. I'm reading a bunch of things right now, trying to find new favorites.
    Last edited by Kevin Street; 05-05-2014 at 12:07 AM.

Writer/Editor/Superhero Marc Lombardi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    You know, I never got to do thins back in the old days of the forums. Now I have a second chance! Cool!

Anyhoo, my name is Jeff, I'm currently 55 (making me a CBR oldhead) and I was born, raised and still living in West Philadelphia (thus the "WestPhilly" part of my handle). The only reason I'm still here in da 'hood is because I haven't won the Powerball Lottery for some obscene amount of money, allowing me to move to the suburbs! Heh!
    !
    Hey man....South Philly born and raised. Moved to the burbs back in 2003. Been here since. But my mother and sister still live in the city. I never thought I'd want to love, but now that I did, I never want to go back. Even got my driver's license last year (finally) just before I turned 40. People here in the burbs didn't understand how I never drove all of those years.
    Writer / Editor / Production / Talent Acquisition - www.grayhavencomics.com
    Promotions/Social Media - www.shadowlineonline.com
    Twitter - @marclombardi

TMH Rev. Col. Joseph W. Rice

I'm Joe. I was here in the KCMB days on. But the state of the boards ran me off for the past couple of years. Very glad to see it cleaned up.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Hmmm how so?
    I don't know, saw this change and the intro to Justice League Unlimited immediately popped in my head