Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Always Rakzo

Default Ah Aquaman, such an all-ages book right?

Ha ha ha... Arthur was just raped.

And is nothing to laugh about.

Seriously, as we learned in the last issue, Siren has been impersonating Mera all this time and now she had sex with Arthur while looking like Mera. That's rape, pure and simple.

The most terrifying thing about this is that the same happened in Lobo (another series written by Bunn, what a coincidence) to Lobo himself and the most problematic aspects of it were just ignored.

Is the same thing going to happen here? I sure as hell hope not.

So I guess Arthur can join the rape survivors club for men and spend some quality time with batman, Nightwing, deadpool, Green Arrow and apparently Lobo.

Yeah, that's not rape. Not in the least bit. He wasn't force into have sex, he wasn't under any type of drug or had his mental state altered in anyway sort of way that would make him not think clearly. He just had sex with someone that he thought was his wife. He was the one who initiated sexual contact. What happened was far from rape.

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    Yeah, that's not rape. Not in the least bit. He wasn't force into have sex, he wasn't under any type of drug or had his mental state altered in anyway sort of way that would make him not think clearly. He just had sex with someone that he thought was his wife. He was the one who initiated sexual contact. What happened was far from rape.
    Ever heard of rape by deception?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Ever heard of rape by deception?
    No, and I suppose most people have not, as it is not a thing in anywhere but a couple jurisdictions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    No, and I suppose most people have not, as it is not a thing in anywhere but a couple jurisdictions.
    On UK it is a law, a lesbian went to jail because she pretented to be a men.

also many people had this same concern when the villain took thebody of peter parker

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    No, it is rape by deception. siren said and had the looks from someone that she isn't, arthur thought he was sleeping with mera but this was soemone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    No, it is rape by deception. siren said and had the looks from someone that she isn't, arthur thought he was sleeping with mera but this was soemone else.
    The hell is rape by deception. That just sounds very stupid

By definition rape is a forceful act, when one does not give consent, or is under the effects of anything that might impair their judgement

Just looked it up:
    So then technically I'm a rapist, since I have spun a web of lies and bullsh*t at bars & parties in order to get some?

Astonishing Member

Does it mean that if someone has plastic surgery, shes raping men with deception? How about putting on make up?

Astonishing Member

I got another one,
    what about men who picks up women in pubs and he pretends to be a billionaire, drove the girl around in a borrowed ferrari, fake identity and stuff.
    But in actual fact he's just a homeless bloke with $4k in his bank account. Is that rape by deception?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Does it mean that if someone has plastic surgery, shes raping men with deception? How about putting on make up?
    The issue here is not thats she changing part of her look or lied about her past to make herself more appealing.Its the fact the she pretended to be a completely different person
    and knew that the person she was sleeping with thought she was that person.

Fantastic Member

That's correct.

Incredible Member

Aquaman's been through plenty in his day. The reaction was more than enough.

Great issue by the way Mr. Bunn!

BANNED

I thought that writers would knew better that this is rape and this trope is overused. this happened to dick grayson on teen titans, another character pretending to be Starfire and it was played for laughs;

i already thought Siren as mera was a mexican soap opera thing, now there is this old trope.

this is the second time that Bunn write rape, on lobo it was brushed aside.

people told me he wrote a fearless defenders issue about misandry, oh joy

Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

I thought that writers would knew better that this is rape and this trope is overused. this happened to dick grayson on teen titans, another character pretending to be Starfire and it was played for laughs;

i already thought Siren as mera was a mexican soap opera thing, now there is this old trope.

this is the second time that Bunn write rape, on lobo it was brushed aside.

people told me he wrote a fearless defenders issue about misandry, oh joy
    What's up with this guy? Maybe someone should start a topic on his forum...