Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default Yang Makes Clark Kent Face the "Truth" in "Superman"

Gene Yang won't reveal the mysterious villain in "Superman" #44, but the writer tells CBR about Hordr Root's connections to a classic DC character.

Full article here.

BANNED

Nice interview! There's some stuff I'm looking forward to (taken from a similar interview):

Second, I want to look at Superman as modern American mythology. So he's actually going to be coming into contact with some other mythological characters, other mythological figures. So we'll see modern American myth interacting with much more ancient myth in the next arc.

All-New Member

Could it be an answer to prayer...Romita actually leaving Superman....One can only hope.....and lets return Superman to full power...this ridiculous version of Supes has worn out it's welcome. Time to get powers back, reconcile with Lois, and Kick Diana to the Curb...

Holy ****, Romita is finally leaving Superman, it's a dream come true.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HAWKEYE-321 View Post
    Holy ****, Romita is finally leaving Superman, it's a dream come true.
    at least this for now

Quote Originally Posted by Actor4ever View Post
    Could it be an answer to prayer...Romita actually leaving Superman....One can only hope.....and lets return Superman to full power...this ridiculous version of Supes has worn out it's welcome. Time to get powers back, reconcile with Lois, and Kick Diana to the Curb...
    hope for this later

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think you're jumping ahead a little bit. Nothing I'd like more than for this storyline to end but I think a Lois/Clark relationship is a ways off.

I agree, although, I have liked Clark and Diana as a couple, I think it's time to put Clark and Lois back together, but I don't see that happening anytime soon, even though Clark and Diana are on the outs pretty soon.

BANNED

After everything we Wonder Woman fans have had to endure, now lets have Superman dump her and get back with Lois less than a week after. Now that Lois is straight up throwing herself at him...

Spectacular Member

I think Lois lost her right to tell Superman how he should be when she took away his privacy and ability to protect the people in his life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aula_Magna View Post
    After everything we Wonder Woman fans have had to endure, now lets have Superman dump her and get back with Lois less than a week after. Now that Lois is straight up throwing herself at him...
    wonder woman will be fine, on jL she is all about Trevor. At this point i just want it to end, because got boring too fast

What do we think the Diana/ Clark split will be caused by?

Her inability to wear a proper uniform (no cape) or something less serious?

I feel strangely alone in how much I'm enjoying the current Superman books. Perhaps it's because I'm far from an expert on Superman's publishing history and don't have any strong opinions on how the mythology should be arranged. Yang, even in the middle of a status quo shaking event, works with small means that focuses on the characters and dialogue while also revving up a compelling plot and mystery. It reminds me a lot about that holiest of superhero grails; 70's Marvel. I can only guess that approach is something that has been tried a lot with Superman over the years, but I've never felt that it has worked as well as it does here. It's the complete opposite of something like Geoff John's current stuff in Justice League, which is all bombast, muscle and spectacle, yet it's still great superhero comics. Romita Jr's art is also a strong draw for me. While some of his panels are, for lack of a better word, ugly (they remind me of Frank Miller's crudely drawn cartoon figures in The Dark Knight Strikes Again) he has a wonderful grip on how to tell a story in pictures, and delivers an uninterrupted flow that somehow complements Yang's writing perfectly.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    I feel strangely alone in how much I'm enjoying the current Superman books. Perhaps it's because I'm far from an expert on Superman's publishing history and don't have any strong opinions on how the mythology should be arranged. Yang, even in the middle of a status quo shaking event, works with small means that focuses on the characters and dialogue while also revving up a compelling plot and mystery. It reminds me a lot about that holiest of superhero grails; 70's Marvel. I can only guess that approach is something that has been tried a lot with Superman over the years, but I've never felt that it has worked as well as it does here. It's the complete opposite of something like Geoff John's current stuff in Justice League, which is all bombast, muscle and
    I'm enjoying it too, or at least, it's been a long time since I've been enjoying the Superman books as much as I am now, overall.

Yang's Superman has been slow, and has had its issues, but it's better than anything that came before in the New 52 Superman title. Action Comics has been great, and Batman/Superman has picked up with Truth.

The only book I outright dislike is Superman/Wonder Woman.

I'm actually enjoying this arc. I like Clark being depowered and having to think about how to handle a situation without getting himself killed. The only thing I don't like is how everyone is so pissed at him for keeping a secret and wanting to have a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    Nice interview! There's some stuff I'm looking forward to (taken from a similar interview):
    Hmmm depending on who's on tap, this could be interesting. i have been buying Superman regularly, but I'm not sure why. I'm not a big fan of certain aspects of this story, and the interviews don't exactly instill me with confidence. But, i guess I'm still here for the duration.