Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Book of Death: The Fall of Harbinger, #1

Joshua Dysart and Kano render a mind-blowing depiction of the final showdown between Peter Stanchek and Toyo Harada in "Book of Death: The Fall of Harbinger" #1.

Full review here.

Book of Death: The Fall of Harbinger" #1 is an artistic and literary masterpiece, melding excellent characterization with stunning artwork that provides one possible conclusion to Dysart's ongoing and evolving storyline.
    Great review. Couldn't agree more. Best single issue I've read this year.

Amazing book! I hope Dysart writes for Valiant forever!
    Art & Comics:
    www.sonicdan.com

Amazing Member

I have loved the Book of Death support books that show the future and fate of individual Valiant characters and this is probably my favorite among those. The difference Valiant has made with these books is in stating that these ARE the futures of their characters and not just some "What if" or "Imaginary" stories. Valiant continues to do what nobody else does: deliver top quality reading material, on time, inside on a self contained universe which has continuity among its own characters. Since their return, they have bucked convention and stated that they are in this for the long haul, they were going to go slow and steady to keep their commitment to superior quality, and that they had a multi year plan to be successful. Three years into their return, they seem to be firing on all cylinders. It's a true DELIGHT to see them grow and become the player that we always knew they could be. This book is yet another fine example of that!

Just read this yesterday, man was that a good issue for wrapping the Stanchek / Hardaway rivalry. Easily the best book of death tie in, and the others were pretty good as well IMO.

This was the best character driven issue I've ever read. The amount of depth given to each of these individuals is crazy.

How does Dysart keep raising the bar like this?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider