Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: The Sandman: Overture, #6

Neil Gaiman, J.H. Williams, Dave Stewart and Todd Klein present their story's final act in "The Sandman: Overture" #6, as the vortex is defeated and Dream's descent into "The Sandman" #1 happens once more.

Full review here.

Amazing Member

This was such an amazing issue. It's one of the few times I've finished a series and I'm left wanting to read the whole thing again (and by the whole thing I mean all of Sandman, not just Overture). So time to dust off the ol' paper trades! Also, if there is ever another Crisis event in DC, JH Williams III should draw it. No matter how long he takes to finish, he can draw the destruction of reality on such an epic scale it's amazing. Looking forward to reading Gaiman's new Miracleman issues now and eagerly awaiting Williams III next project.
    "So we stole a painting. So we turned a policeman into a toilet. Worse things happen every day in El Salvador." - Mr. Nobody, Doom Patrol Vol 2 #29

Even I thoroughly enjoyed this and it glad I now have the Deluxe edition to read it all again.

BANNED

How is the Sandman stuff? Never tried it

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    How is the Sandman stuff? Never tried it
    Epic.

Very deep stuff, while the whole Overture is almost a prequal you need to start at the beginning of the first TPB and just slowly make your way through integrating yourself into the psyche of Morpheus/Dream of the Endless an aspect of the universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Choos View Post
    Epic.

Very deep stuff, while the whole Overture is almost a prequal you need to start at the beginning of the first TPB and just slowly make your way through integrating yourself into the psyche of Morpheus/Dream of the Endless an aspect of the universe.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever read anything by Gaiman before. I heard The Sandman stories are mindf*cks. That's exactly what I need.