Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    At this point, I am thinking him and Doom will take each other out. And whenever the MCU gets F4 rights back, the two characters will make their triumphant return to the Marvel-verse.

Any word on where Sue Storm or Valeria will wind up post-SW? They are my favorite females in Marvel, and this petty studio drama is depriving me of my family sci-fi romps.
    No word at all as to what happens to Sue, Franklin, or Valeria and they aren't featured in any of the ANAD Marvel books so far . I have the weird feeling Sue is a goner too because I feel like since Ben is with the Guardians and Johnny is with the Inhumans, they would have put Sue somewhere to if should wound up surviving, like for example A-Force would have been a possible place to put her in.....or maybe no writer is interested in using her and I'm looking too much into this lol.

THIS is some real deal ferocious ness that is gonna propel these next geners into full blowns and start getting RESPECT.

Ewing is love.
    NA is everything.
    This is the sex.

Personally I'm not normally a fan of 90's art but this looks amazing! It's brightly colored and brimming with energy. I'm also really psyched about this team, don't get why people get hung up on rather someone is "a-list" or "b-list" myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    THIS is some real deal ferocious ness that is gonna propel these next geners into full blowns and start getting RESPECT.

Ewing is love.
    NA is everything.
    This is the sex.
    Not good sex with that art
    We need better comics

Really wanna get this book but the art and Sunspot not being on the field team is just a huge turnoff.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Not good sex with that art
    This is a rare occasion where I'm viciously driven by the story rather than the art.
    Granted, the story has yet to be printed so its only images I'm going off of, but I ANTICIPATE gold

Geez, some negative folks around here. I don't love the art, but it's better than I was expecting, certainly not enough to kill my anticipation for the book. I think the lineup and concept are great, and I love Ewing's stuff, so this is one of my most anticipated books.

Also, preview for 2 already? we haven't even seen a lettered preview for issue 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    For a team that's supposed to be a science squad, this line-up is lacking in the super-genius department (unless that this Pod's area of expertise. Don't know anything about the character. Even so...).

Peace
    Pretty sure she's not, mate. Pod is a Finnish girl who was hit by a genetically altering origin-bomb - and turned into a living planetary defense-mechanism. Her armour can adapt to nearly anything (she took out most of Hickman's high-powered Avengers-team), but I'm pretty sure she's not super-intelligent - she seems to be of average intellect.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AXForge View Post
    So it's just the X-Men mutant members that are hated and feared? The mutant members of the Avengers teams (Squirrel Girl, Sunspot, Wiccan, etc...) are fine?
    That's pretty much always been the case. Occasionally, writers would make note of it by having the public protest mutants on the team for various reasons - bigotry, anti-Avengers sentiment, mind control (I'm pretty sure it came up a various points for various reasons during Roger Stern's and Kurt Busiek's runs in particular), but otherwise the general rule seems to be that being an Avenger gives a character a certain amount of cache amongst the public.

Not so different from real life a lot of times, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    That's pretty much always been the case. Occasionally, writers would make note of it by having the public protest mutants on the team for various reasons - bigotry, anti-Avengers sentiment, mind control (I'm pretty sure it came up a various points for various reasons during Roger Stern's and Kurt Busiek's runs in particular), but otherwise the general rule seems to be that being an Avenger gives a character a certain amount of cache amongst the public.

Not so different from real life a lot of times, actually.
    In a descent amount of cases I frankly think the only way the public would even know if a meta human hero was a mutant or not was if they were a part of the X-Men.

The Maker I believe is the head of AIMs rival organization called WHISPER.

Art looks great, especiay with that coloring.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by AXForge View Post
    So it's just the X-Men mutant members that are hated and feared? The mutant members of the Avengers teams (Squirrel Girl, Sunspot, Wiccan, etc...) are fine?
    Racists love it when African-Americans join mainstream symbols of authority, like the police department or the Avengers. Racists also hate it when African-Americans join a group for self-protection of the community like the Black Panthers or the X-Men.

Oh god, what did they do to you, New Avengers. From Hickman's magnum opus to Squirrel Girl "XD SO RANDOMZ!"

BANNED

every page might as well be one panel.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    This is why I hate the delays on Secret Wars. I was thinking Ultimate Reed would die in the event, but he clearly lives on. If SW had ended already, this wouldn't be a spoiler.
    Nope, the solicits already indicated The Maker would come to 616 before the delays were announced.