Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: New Avengers #2

Find out this October as Ultimate Reed Richards makes landfall in the Marvel Universe in NEW AVENGERS #2 - the explosive next installment from writer Al Ewing and artist Gerardo Sandoval! He hails from a different universe. Hostile in his intentions, his presence spells trouble for any in his path. Just ask Bobby da Costa and his global super-science team - the New Avengers! Now, Sunspot, Songbird, Wiccan, Hulkling, Hawkeye, Pod, White Tiger, Power Man and Squirrel Girl must face their first true test as a team. Do they have what it takes to stand toe-to-toe with Ultimate Reed Richards himself? Find out this October as the adventure continues in NEW AVENGERS #2!

Full preview here.

I'm so disappointed that the art is Sandoval. Not a big fan.

I'm wodering just what the goal is of Ultimate Reed in all this now that he's in 616.

All-New Member

I'm trying to be excited about this book. The hooks promising, but I just really dislike Sandoval's art style.

All-New Member

So it's just the X-Men mutant members that are hated and feared? The mutant members of the Avengers teams (Squirrel Girl, Sunspot, Wiccan, etc...) are fine?

For a team that's supposed to be a science squad, this line-up is lacking in the super-genius department (unless that this Pod's area of expertise. Don't know anything about the character. Even so...).

Peace

That art isn't looking too good but I'll be buying the first arc at least for the Maker appearances.
    We need better comics

I'm really not liking the art, still be picking this up.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    For a team that's supposed to be a science squad, this line-up is lacking in the super-genius department (unless that this Pod's area of expertise. Don't know anything about the character. Even so...).

Peace
    When you literally own AIM you don't need more scientists.

Guess I'm the odd man out, I think that art looks great. Especially the coloring.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

This is why I hate the delays on Secret Wars. I was thinking Ultimate Reed would die in the event, but he clearly lives on. If SW had ended already, this wouldn't be a spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    This is why I hate the delays on Secret Wars. I was thinking Ultimate Reed would die in the event, but he clearly lives on. If SW had ended already, this wouldn't be a spoiler.
    It's most likely gonna be 616 Reed that dies in the end, at least that's what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    If Bobby runs AIM I presume he's got tons of scientists on his pay roll.

Though who knows... maybe Ultimate Reed will end up joinnig Sunspots crew.

Quote Originally Posted by HAWKEYE-321 View Post
    It's most likely gonna be 616 Reed that dies in the end, at least that's what I think.
    At this point, I am thinking him and Doom will take each other out. And whenever the MCU gets F4 rights back, the two characters will make their triumphant return to the Marvel-verse.

Any word on where Sue Storm or Valeria will wind up post-SW? They are my favorite females in Marvel, and this petty studio drama is depriving me of my family sci-fi romps.

BANNED

Man, I LOVE Ultimate Reed but I just don't like this team (Squirel Fail breaks it for me). I mean, I like Hawkeye and Songbird, but I'm indifferent towards the rest, so I'll have to skip it. All in all, I hope Maker becomes an Ultimates villain, because:

a) I'm pulling that book.

b) It looks great.

c) The New Avengers are in no way a match for him.