Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

You know, there was a time when something like this happened, you knocked the piece of $h!t out... Not turn it into online drama... They learn the lesson better that way. THE INTERNET HAS MADE US WEAK!!!

Violence is always the answer... :rolleyes:

This will not be tolerated, unless he's really sorry, then yeah, this will be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by MECHANO View Post
    You know, there was a time when something like this happened, you knocked the piece of $h!t out... Not turn it into online drama... They learn the lesson better that way. THE INTERNET HAS MADE US WEAK!!!
    I'm sure he's been hit. I mean, even if you're not a violent person, when someone comes at you with a surprise ear-nibble you smack 'em on reflex... right?

Incredible Member

He should be fired. Period. There is no excuse for what he continued to do for over 20 years. And an "apology" isn't enough.

His victims deserve justice. Which means, prison and civil penalties for his continual stream of crime.

And as for Dark Horse itself. Something punative should be done to that company. Like having the organization that runs SDCC permanantly revoke their ability to be an exhibitor. As well as damages assessed against the company by the victims, for their shielding that criminal for 20 years.

There has to be some kind of restitution that can be given to all of the people whose careers were drug through the mud and ruined by that company during their coverup efforts. Those are people's livelihoods that got tossed under the bus. They deserve something.

It took me a few days to decide. Some serious soul-searching. But I have made my decision. I'm canceling the Dark Horse books I have been getting every month. I simply cannot in good conscience support the products of a company that has done what they have. I'm done.
    Last edited by Darrin Kelley; 10-05-2015 at 08:08 AM.

That's a little overblown, I think. Cancel whatever books, but prison? No.

Aren't you overreacting Darrin Kelley? Do you know him in person? Do you know how much good he done for DH? I'm not defending what he did and he's attitude isn't the best sometimes, but he or anyone shouldn't in DH be treated like serial killers.

Incredible Member

Given the scope of the actions. And how many careers it ended up destroying? I do not believe for a second I am overreacting.

It went on for over 20 years. That's not minor! It's utterly horrifying!

And I am not going to listen to people trying to excuse the behavior of a sexual predator. That's beyond insane.

I am a comic fan. Who has chosen the medium as a focus of both a considerable amount of my private and professional life. It's a part of me that I will never shake.

I do care where my books come from. And a company that has spent 20 years destroying people's careers to cover up for a sexual predator isn't any type of company I feel good about supporting.

I don't give a rat's behind about the "good comics he produced". That doesn't justify anything. They ruined lives! They terrorized people into silence! They destroyed people's careers to keep covering it up!
    Last edited by Darrin Kelley; 10-05-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Kelley View Post
    Given the scope of the actions. And how many careers it ended up destroying?
    None, as far as I know.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    None, as far as I know.
    You are incorrect. The original article lays it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Kelley View Post
    You are incorrect. The original article lays it all out.
    Perhaps you can provide us with a quote. I see lots of "a former Dark Horse employee said this" and "a former Dark Horse employee said that," but I don't see anything about ruined careers.

Don't get me wrong, what Allie did is unacceptable. But I'd prefer he's employed and getting the help he needs rather than unemployed and on his own.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Incredible Member

I have been around victims of sexual assault much of my life. And I became one of them early in life.

The helplessness. The terror. The being bullied into silence. So other people can pursue their agendas, without being inconvenienced. The being treated like someone violating you didn't matter.

It does matter. It destroys the life of every person it happens to. That's the reality.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I always said Allie was a fantastic editor, the way he kept everything in the Mignolaverse and with Aliens in line was like work of Mozart. It's sad to hear that he acted so badly outside of that and I hope he doesn't hurt anyone else.