Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Dark Horse Editor Scott Allie Apologizes Amid Accusations of Misconduct

Following the publication of an article alleging a history of inappropriate behavior and assault, Scott Allie has issued an apology "to everyone he's hurt."

Full article here.

Incredible Member

Not good enough, by a longshot. Dark Horse should fire him immediately and seek a replacement.

They certainly know plenty of people in the industry that would better fill the position.

I'm very disappointed in Dark Horse for allowing it to continue as long as it has.

Wow, sounds like the man has a serious problem. I'm a huge fan of this guy's work - but I don't care how good he is at collaborating with Mike Mignola - this has to be punished severely.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

The original article makes it sound like they gave him a promotion to get him out of the public eye. Can they legally say go to rehab, get help, or you're fired?
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Spectacular Member

he should be fired with or without rehab. that's appalling.

Sadly, this isn't something new in comics. There have been all kinds of anecdotes about inappropriate behavior from editors and executives at comic companies, not to mention creative personnel, at conventions and the workplace. Colleen Doran detailed some of her experiences, as a minor, in the book The Comic Book Rebels, including being booked into the same hotel room as an editor or executive from a comics company, at a convention. She spent the night in the hotel lobby, instead. Someone from another company was noted for trolling for underage fans at conventions. A certain independent comic company was noted for its frathouse-like atmosphere. Comics has its share of creeps, just like the rest of the world.

So, I assume this will result in a mass boycott/shaming of all the titles he worked on, in the vein of the Rat Queens controversy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
    So, I assume this will result in a mass boycott/shaming of all the titles he worked on, in the vein of the Rat Queens controversy ?
    No because he brings in too much money with his work. Cash talks...

Is this really sexual harassment? Is he gay? Or is he just acting inappropriate when drunk? I'm not saying his behavior is okay, but I also am not into throwing people under the bus.

Eventually everybody will get thrown under and we'll have nobody left. He can learn from this and better himself. I've never been a big fan of drinking, but he is responsible for what he does under the influence. But he is also a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by BCya View Post
    Is this really sexual harassment? Is he gay? Or is he just acting inappropriate when drunk? I'm not saying his behavior is okay, but I also am not into throwing people under the bus.

Eventually everybody will get thrown under and we'll have nobody left. He can learn from this and better himself. I've never been a big fan of drinking, but he is responsible for what he does under the influence. But he is also a human being.
    Grabbing a man's crotch and biting his ear is sexual harassment no matter the sexuality of either. And yes, the man if this is true has a sad history of alcohol abuse but if he refuses treatment or otherwise continues this behavior you have to protect others from him. They're human beings too...

Allie ought to be apologizing for that hair...someone had to say it!

Extraordinary Member

How many other 'industries' are there where people shame others they do not like in the media? This is so bizarre. I think most of these comics 'professionals' need to work in the real world and realize this, sadly, is not something that has anything to do with comics. The guy has a problem with alcohol and needs help. That is not to say he is not to be held accountable for his actions but it is ludicrous to try to lump this into the 'sexual predator witch hunt' going on.

Why am i not surprised to see Janelle Asselin's name in the middle of this witch hunt?
    Last edited by Thomas Crown; 10-02-2015 at 07:05 AM.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Incredible Member

Is this really sexual harassment?... Or is he just acting inappropriate when drunk?
    The two aren't mutually exclusive. You touch someone's genitals without invitation, that's sexual assault.

Either way, nothing will happen to him, the wagons will be circled and the people who complained about being groped and bitten will lose work until they wish they'd kept their mouths shut. Same as it ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    Why am i not surprised to see Janelle Asselin's name in the middle of this witch hunt?
    Because she continues to call out the bullshit boys club mentality in comics? I like that out of all this, it's her you mention, as if she's done anything wrong, instead of Allie, who's clearly done something wrong.