Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

So Dick was the assassin equivalent of high school LeBron James.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    So Dick was the assassin equivalent of high school LeBron James.
    Ha, Ha, that's funny. That's a cool way of seeing it.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

This was better than the prologue given in Batman Day. That being said, as soon the melodrama and the DARK SECRETS OF THE PAST TM start everything will comes crashing down.

Oh well, at least is great to see the three (WHERE'S DAMIAN?) acting like brothers for once. I also think the scene would've been a lot better with Dick back as Nightwing, the Agent 37 schitck simply doesn't work for team ups (unless Spyral has been retconned into an SHIELD-like organization collaborating with the superheroes)

Nevermind...

Im just gonna see how the rest of the issue pans out first.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-01-2015 at 11:45 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Can I just say how much I hate when Batman is drawn just zipping through buildings like Spider-Man? So lame and not how he operates. If he patrols that is the worst way to do it, especially when you're, ya know, Batman and could be so much more effective about it. May seem nitpicky, but it just doesn't seem creative to me.

If this was purely Dick Grayson, I'd prolly be more likely to pick it up. Not that I can afford a weekly...

I liked it. My only complaint is the way Jason's face was drawn with the huge ass chin. I know they need to make him different from Dick, but they always make Jason ugly when he's next to Grayson. I get it, Dick is the pretty boy, but Jason isn't ugly.
    Last edited by kaimaciel; 10-02-2015 at 02:15 AM.

I don't read Red Hood and Arsenal but doesn't Jason have an undercut hair style? They could bring that back to make him look different

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I don't read Red Hood and Arsenal but doesn't Jason have an undercut hair style? They could bring that back to make him look different
    He does. I'm not a fan of his current hairstyle but I'd rather have that than the way his face his drawn in this. It's kind of annoying that Jay is only allowed to be drawn as handsome as long as he's not standing near Dick.

Jason and Dick as friends is a bit strange but considering that Jason got his friends it might not be far fetched and that Dick has currently more best buddies that kill I don't really care. It's nice to read it, that's enough.
    I hope Jason only looks like that because of the angle, his face seems unnatural.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    "Dick Grayson . . . current sexy superspy"?!?
    = groan! =
    Ewww! Burn it with fire!

One question: I'm not following Jason at all. What's his status right now? Is he still a vigilante using lethal force? From what I have seen, his relationship with the rest of the batfamily is good, so that suggests he is no longer killing?

Jason still kills when he's doing his own thing. When he's with Batfamily he uses non-lethal force... It doesn't make much sense in my head, but it's what we've got.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by db105 View Post
    One question: I'm not following Jason at all. What's his status right now? Is he still a vigilante using lethal force? From what I have seen, his relationship with the rest of the batfamily is good, so that suggests he is no longer killing?
    No, he still kills, but he isn't angry at Batman so...

Astonishing Member

I find Jason and Dick being bffs pretty jarring but I do love that double punch at the end and the set up shot with them both cracking their knuckles.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by batsgrayson View Post
    Jason still kills when he's doing his own thing. When he's with Batfamily he uses non-lethal force... It doesn't make much sense in my head, but it's what we've got.
    Don't worry, very little about Jason and Tim makes sense in anyone else's head, other than Scott Lobdell's and Eddie Berganza's.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batsgrayson View Post
    Not really.

Out all the crossovers with the batfamily the only time hasn't used lethal force was on the "War of the Robins" arc at the beginning of the N52. All the other times he has going lethal or he has held back because he wasn't fighting criminals like during Endgame.