Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

They say the hardest thing about comic books is getting them into a potential reader's hands. ASM has readers to spare. And if more people than usual are checking out the #1 to see what the new status quo is all about, then here's a chance for them to get curious about some other Spider-Family titles.

Now, if you already have your mind made up about those titles, then that theory does not concern you. Or maybe it does. Good opportunity to change minds.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    They say the hardest thing about comic books is getting them into a potential reader's hands. ASM has readers to spare. And if more people than usual are checking out the #1 to see what the new status quo is all about, then here's a chance for them to get curious about some other Spider-Family titles.

Now, if you already have your mind made up about those titles, then that theory does not concern you. Or maybe it does. Good opportunity to change minds.
    Yeah, there's no downside. It's like advertising during lunchtime on the most popular sites. You'd be silly not to do it. It's still going to be the best selling title of the month. Making it regular size with no backups would be willfully turning away money, and more importantly, potential readers for other titles.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    You know having just recently read 80's Iron Man this feels so similar.
    All we need is for Peter to fire someone who will later become a villain bent on revenge. More battles with the scorpion or some other bug based bad guy to copy titanium man and crimson dynamo. Or some tecnomage to remind us of the mandarin. I am surprised Peter did not get a life threatening injury that requires a special suit to keep him alive.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Art was great aside from that I wasn't feeling this issue sadly. Really wish someone else could write ASM.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Art was great aside from that I wasn't feeling this issue sadly. Really wish someone else could write ASM.
    I hope Slott sticks around forever because this issue was INCREDIBLE! Also, the back-up stories were terrific. The Spider-Verse is in excellent shape right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I hope Slott sticks around forever because this issue was INCREDIBLE! Also, the back-up stories were terrific. The Spider-Verse is in excellent shape right now.
    Yeah, I think throughout his run it's Slott's understanding of Peter that has kept me interested. The little things he does (having pete shadow box the fight is one I especially loved) are the things that I think really shine in his run and why I think that Superior was like the craziest love letter to Pete as Spiderman ever(including the one issue indiana jones think on your feet ending). This was a great start.

Incredible Member

This is my first issue of Spider-Man in quite some time. After reading it, this is an easy pass for me. This is nothing like the Soider-Man I expected, and even putting that aside, it wasn't very good. I'll stick with Invincible from Image for my less gritty comic book.

I'd rather we had a Peter and Miles buddy book than this (their interaction in Secret Wars #6 was highly amusing). I'm not really into Parker Industries. So, yeah, I'm bailing for the foreseeable future.

I think my issue was misprinted. The cover looks right, but inside appears to be an Iron Man comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Art was nice. Yeah. Haven't really seen Slott write a decent Peter story in a few years. next PLEASSSSE.

I liked the new twist for peter. Was a fun read.

Havent read the backups yet, saw Spider-man 2099 was in one... so im excited to see what direction they are going with miggy.

It was quite good, solid start. 8/10. Ironically, IIM was the opposite for me.

But dah real mvp of today is Spider-Island. Specially the Mayday part!

so do Jonah's rants even matter anymore? is he even mayor of NYC anymore?

BANNED

Disappointed that the Nick Fury in this appears to be Jr rather than Ultimate (if we're to believe the upper case speech bubbles). Other than that a solid read and an interesting start to the new series.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    I think my issue was misprinted. The cover looks right, but inside appears to be an Iron Man comic.
    LOL

So when Tony Stark inevitably returns as Marvel's main "Daddy Warbucks," Slott and Bendis will be able to set up the next big Marvel crossover: forget about "Secret Wars," we will have "Corporate Wars!" Stark Industries vs. Parker Industries!!! (vs. Roxxon vs. Alchemax . . .) in a battle royale! Forgot about stopping muggings and petty street thieves, such blue collar crimes are too old-fashioned and trivial to Spider-Man these days; don't you know it's all about white-collar crimes!?! What comic book readers really want more of is boardroom banter and insight into how these mega corporations can screw over the shareholders while evading the tax code!!! Face front True Believers, and get ready for a new level of excitement brought to you by the House of Ideas!!!

Blah!
    Last edited by Gnarlly; 10-07-2015 at 01:02 PM.