Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FN Spider-Man View Post
    Man, I'm really not a fan of Camuncoli's art, but it's a nice change of pace from Ramos. I wish Coipel could be on it full time.
    I agree about ramos. I am a fan of Camuncoli, however.
    Oh man, Coipel full time would be soooo awesome! But from what I hear, he doesn't work very fast. Maybe that's why he also didn't draw the whole Spider-Verse?

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Wow, give Marte Garcia a raise! Those colors are GORGEOUS!
    Right? Right?

fascinating action. Hopefully it will continue. At the age Peter is now, having him be a horrible novice driver is a gimmick best abandoned to a previous era..

I do have to wonder tho, how long Tony is gonna have money problems, I know realistically it takes years for a company who's fallen to regain ground again, and in real time a few years would have passed before we maybe start to see Tony being as successful as he was (unless they double the amount of issues we get), but I'm wondering in the years it takes for Tony to rebuild his company will that be in the years it takes for Parker Industries to fall.

It seems that Parker Industries has filled the role Stark Industries previously held with S.H.I.E.L.D, and while I do think that both companies can provide for SHIELD, b/c both Stark and Parker are knowledgeable in different areas of science (so their technology can focus on different areas), I don't know if the comics will let them work hand in hand with SHIELD, so I'm very curious at the outcome of this.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    fascinating action. Hopefully it will continue. At the age Peter is now, having him be a horrible novice driver is a gimmick best abandoned to a previous era..
    He traditionally is a horrible novice driver because he lives in New York City and there's no need to own a car or to even know how to drive if you spend most of your time in the city. And that's true of anyone, much less someone who can rely on webslinging for transportation. It has nothing to do with age or ability or being a gimmick, and everything to do with practicality. Why go to the expense and frustration of driving in NYC when public transportation is highly accessible and highly available? Plus, webs.

I'm kinda bummed Peter is now Mario Andretti, although I understand why it makes sense for the current setting.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

Ugh, I had managed to avoid Nicky Jr up 'til now, well.... Goodbye Web-Head! Guess I'll have to make do with Spidey.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Slotts writing is so lame......

Eagerly awaiting for a new direction, jgg

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post

*Joe Rogan voice* How dare you sir.

At least Peter looks like he's an adult in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I like to think Peter was getting driving lessons from the Stig.
    I had to google this one.
    Who could it be, though?

My first thought was Johnny Storm, but judging by some other sollicits, it looks like he and Peter didn't meet since Peter took over the Baxter Building.
    Somebody said it could be Prowler. Is he an expert driver.
    Another possibility would be Overdrive. I would love that!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post

Well kick of your shoes, pal. 'Cause you're gonna be waitin' a lonnnnnnng time. :-)
    tumblr_l55rkcACsV1qb8i6wo1_500.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Well kick of your shoes, pal. 'Cause you're gonna be waitin' a lonnnnnnng time. :-)
    You made me laugh, thanks. Just so you know, I wasn't keen on Superior Spider-Man. This restart is more exciting than SMM and the previous relaunch. I might buy issue #1 even.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Eh, still not on my standing order. MIGHT pick this up. After hopping onto Slott's run during Superior and having to read Spider-Verse, I'm hesitant to get back into the Spider-books. I'm already picking up a lot as well, so... I duinno.

Also, Mockingbird's design is generic as hell. Looks like it's some one-off redshirt more than anything.

Buuuuut, at least the art's better. Ramos made everyone look lie they were a teenager and could draw maybe three different faces.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    I will sign a Spidey comic you wrote, sir, and you can have it when I'm dead! Keep up the awesome job!

I like Slott's writing for the most part, but I'm not a fan of where the series is going. I got back into Spidey because of the Superior arc, and caught up on the previous 15 years of Spidey comics over the past several months as a result (used to read in the 80's/90's). The Big Time era through Superior arc were fun for me; after Superior through Spider-Verse not so much. I am not a fan of the "all new, all different" direction Marvel is going with Spidey. Nothing against Miles Morales's new book, but I simply prefer Peter/Spidey to be more of a "street-level" character as well, and not a globe-trotting Tony Stark wannabe. C'mon, Peter designing tech for Shield, driving around James Bond-style in his new Spider(Bat)mobile, with Spider-Man being his "bodyguard?" If I wanted to read Iron Man comics, I would read those (I have in the past, and tried to like them, but I don't find Tony Stark to be a likeable character; not to be confused with Robert Downey Jr.'s portrayal in the movies).

While I typically wait for the trade paperback, I did support the Renew Your Vows run by picking up the individual issues (bring back the Spider-marriage . . .). I won't be doing that for this reboot (are we now up to Volume 4 in ASM? Crazy). I may consider the TPBs after I hear more about the new changes, but I am hoping that "Parker (really Octavius) Industries" is done and over with by issue 10, and we see a return to a more NY City-based Spider-Man soon. If not, I don't see much character-wise keeping me interested any longer. The marriage is gone, MJ being written out more and more (and heading to an Iron Man book? blah), Black Cat gone "bad," Peter's private life pretty much focused on his new corporate job, recent romances have all fizzled, most of the classic supporting cast is MIA and as a result there is not much for Peter/Spidey to risk/lose (though I'd be happy if he lost Parker Industries and returned to being a photographer or science teacher). Not sure if Slott or Marvel editorial are to blame for most of these changes, but the recent direction just doesn't "feel" much like a Spider-Man comic to me lately.
    Last edited by Gnarlly; 10-05-2015 at 08:53 AM.

I'm really excited for this. I respect a writer that isn't afraid to take risks with a character like this (I loved Superior Spider-Man). Can that sometimes end in disaster? Of course. But other times it provides a fresh, exciting new perspective in a world that can a little too comfortable (or stagnant for that matter) sometimes.

Feel like there hasn't been a main Peter Parker book since ASM 700. This isn't helping.