Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I saw the issue too and I thought that it was very fun, and I was really happy with the back up stories cause I'm interested in each of the titles, although I was confused by one.

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    Spider-Man, a natural at driving? Blasphemy.
    At least he got a much cooler looking Spider mobile

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I saw the issue too and I thought that it was very fun, and I was really happy with the back up stories cause I'm interested in each of the titles, although I was confused by one.
    Which one if i may ask?

BTW aside from me, does anyone else feel Black Cat (or her new minion Silk) are going to A) Steal his Car, B) Kidnap his civilian persona to lure out his Heroic one or C) Steal corporate secrets to sell to Alchemax like low grade flunkies?

Also why are we getting "ANAD" Marvel so soon while SW is still going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Which one if i may ask?

BTW aside from me, does anyone else feel Black Cat (or her new minion Silk) are going to A) Steal his Car, B) Kidnap his civilian persona to lure out his Heroic one or C) Steal corporate secrets to sell to Alchemax like low grade flunkies?

Also why are we getting "ANAD" Marvel so soon while SW is still going on?
    Maybe I shouldn't say confused, but more so am wonderering if that backup issue that had Miles was just an Amazing Spider-Man storyline that will happen later, and they just had Miles guest star, after all this backup story was written by Dan Slott which means we or rather I, still don't know what's going on in Bendis book.

As for the ANAD marvel question, Secret Wars was suppose to end around this time before they kept getting delayed, so I guess they're releasing the books that spoil the least amount of info.

That art looks extremely solid and the presentation of the book looks top notch, I can't wait to read it later on! It's been a solid 10 years since I've really sat down to read a new Spider-Man comic, it was probably something in the JMS run or the Ultimate title back then, so I'm ready to dive right in and see how it all feels in the new MU.

I'm thinking that I'm in for a fun ride with this one, but Marvel has been known to disappoint me so who knows. All I can say is "bring it on" and I'm excited to try this (and other new Marvel titles) out now that the company has relaunched/rebranded.

Amazing Member

Welcome to the All New All Different Marvel. We took Peter and turned him into Stark. See what we did? Get it. It's All New and All Different.

Ummm, no. Pass.

Was pretty good read. Keep in mind that this is through the eyes of someone who has never read a Spider-Man comic before. I will stick with this one for now and see where and how it goes.
    The backup stories were good too especially the last one was just hilarious and made laugh out loud
    "This is me being reasonable"

You know having just recently read 80's Iron Man this feels so similar.
    We need better comics

Mighty Member

We met one love interest. I wonder when we will meet the other.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    You know having just recently read 80's Iron Man this feels so similar.
    Yeah. First issue was not very good. I'd give this one a SOLID pass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    We met one love interest. I wonder when we will meet the other.
    I also wonder that. I enjoyed seeing the post SW Jessica talking with her love, the post SW, Carol about their yet-to-be born baby.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Issue #1s tend to have more content. This issue is 72 pages as opposed to the usual 32.
    It's not a tendency among issue #1s. It's just that this book is the flagship of a line, so the additional content is supposed to preview other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    It's not a tendency among issue #1s. It's just that this book is the flagship of a line, so the additional content is supposed to preview other books.
    felt like "you have to pay extra money for this content you don't want at all" to me

BANNED

Hmm. Okay, maybe this might help explain. You know how Avengers #0 is supposed to be a preview of the Avengers books? Or think about how Marvel typically releases those Point One anthologies. The one after Fear Itself that set up Scarlet Spider, the post-AvX oneshot for Young Avengers and Ant-Man, All-New Marvel NOW!'s one-shot with Loki: Agent of Asgard, and now the one-shot for Carnage, All-New Inhumans, and Daredevil. The extra content was collected in a similar method. However, rather than publishing them separately as a "Spider-Family #0" or something like that, they were bundled in. So Amazing Spider-Man #1 is more like a bundle of one of a typical #1 alongside a Point One anthology.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Hmm. Okay, maybe this might help explain. You know how Avengers #0 is supposed to be a preview of the Avengers books? Or think about how Marvel typically releases those Point One anthologies. The one after Fear Itself that set up Scarlet Spider, the post-AvX oneshot for Young Avengers and Ant-Man, All-New Marvel NOW!'s one-shot with Loki: Agent of Asgard, and now the one-shot for Carnage, All-New Inhumans, and Daredevil. The extra content was collected in a similar method. However, rather than publishing them separately as a "Spider-Family #0" or something like that, they were bundled in. So Amazing Spider-Man #1 is more like a bundle of one of a typical #1 alongside a Point One anthology.
    Exactly.. It's a chance to reach a huge audience, present them all with previews and teasers of books in the same family. I haven't counted the pages, but I believe the main story is extra-sized, so the book was never going to be 3.99 anyway. Three out of the four new number ones this week were above 3.99, and Spidey and Iron Man will be top five or higher, Strange will be top ten. Contest, not sure, thinking top fifteen, twenty? Point being, the higher price isn't going to hurt sales at all. Add in the people that will be intrigued by the backups and purchase books they otherwise may not have, and the extra content/price is a no brainer for Marvel.