Default Sinister Twelve vs The X-Men

Two scenarios:

1) Team vs Team Fight

The Twelve want access to Cerebro, so they mount an assault on The X-Men's school to try and steal it. They have 24 hours prep-time.

The X-Men have no idea they're about to be attacked, but have their standard defences in place like any other day.

Everyone has their standard powers, weapons and equipment for this fight.

The Sinister Twelve

Dr Octopus
    Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
    Electro
    Sandman
    Mysterio
    Lizard
    Kraven
    Rhino
    Vulture
    Venom (Eddie Brock)
    Scorpion
    Hobgoblin (Roderick Kingsley)

The X-Men

Cyclops
    Storm
    Beast
    Nightcrawler
    Archangel
    Iceman
    Wolverine
    Colossus
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Bishop
    Warpath

2) One on One Battles

Fights take place in Manhattan. Opponents start at opposite ends of Central Park. No prep-time. No BRF's.

Standard powers, weapons and equipment for all combatants.

Dr Octopus vs Beast
    Green Goblin vs Cyclops
    Electro vs Bishop
    Sandman vs Iceman
    Mysterio vs Gambit
    Lizard vs Nightcrawler
    Kraven vs Wolverine
    Rhino vs Colossus
    Vulture vs Archangel
    Venom vs Rogue
    Scorpion vs Warpath
    Hobgoblin vs Storm

Who takes these match-ups?

Prep time for doc ock, mysterio antics and no telepaths for the x-men will probably clinch it for the villains.

1.) I agree that the preptime for Doc Ock is a significant advantage. However, Mysterio isn't all that effective unless the fight is on his home turf, with extensive prep. I think that the X-Men have the edge with homefield advantage, superior teamwork and training, and slightly greater powers.

2.) Dr. Octopus has a huge advantage with those quick metal tentancles.
    Green Goblin has nice maneuverability, but Cyclops has both superior range and the ability to an extremely widebeam attack.
    In theory, Bishop can absorb any of Electro's attacks and return fire. I'm not certain his return fire would be effective against Electro, but am guessing yes.
    Sandman vs Iceman is a never-ending draw
    Mysterio might be able to fool Gambit initially, but Gambit can quickly spam the battle field with exploding cards, and Mysterio won't be standing after a single near-miss.
    Lizard is quick enough to catch Nightcrawler eventually, and both stronger and tougher, plus there is that whole pheromone angle.
    Kraven is just CBPH with some drug enhancements and strategic use of poison. Wolverine's metabolism should make him particularly resistant to toxins, and his regeneration is more than enough to shrug off Kraven's punches.
    Rhino vs Colossus: basically a draw, with maybe a slight speed and skill advantage to Colossus.
    Vulture has no ranged attacks, so Archangel is going to wreck him.
    Venom vs Rogue: I don't know Rogue's current power level or enough about how the symbiote functions, so I don't know.
    Scorpion vs Warpath: I think Scorpion has got superior strength, speed and toughness, plus armor and that tail.
    Hobgoblin has shorter ranged attacks, so even though Storm is a glass cannon, Hobgoblin will be eating lightning before he gets anywhere near her.

Sandman vs Iceman is a never-ending draw
    Yeah, no, Iceman has far better feats.
    Bobby can freeze him, while Marko can do absolutely nothing against him.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 10-02-2015 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah, no, Iceman has far better feats.
    Bobby can freeze him, while Marko can do absolutely nothign against him.
    Can Bobby freeze Sandman? If you're talking about covering Sandman with ice, he is strong enough to break out. If you're talking about freezing his body directly, I don't think that will work against his silicon-based form due to lack of water content.

Bobby has shown that he can freeze people on a molecular level.
    And even if there would be a lack of water, he can draw that from the air.

I'm just really digging the Osborn Vs. Scott rematch. This time there's no Iron Patriot suit to rely on, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'm just really digging the Osborn Vs. Scott rematch. This time there's no Iron Patriot suit to rely on, either.
    Osborn's final words, whispered: "But I wasn't even on your lawn."

Dr. Octopus is atleast 2 tiers below people like Doom and Tony stark in prep, guys like those 2 can do nearly anything they put their mind to, but the doctor is still a serious threat with prep time involved.
    I doubt he could make a mutant power off switch like Doom did, but he has made power dampening devices, he also has mindcontrol tech which even worked on guys like electro and the sandman (and spider-man, creating Superior spider-man)

Then we have Mysterio, who now is also prepped and will come with various illusions to have most of the X-men (aside from wolverine) fighting eachother, and can basically turn his entire team invisible.

The villains will get a preamptive strike on the nonsuspecting X-men, invisible(thanks to mysterio) octobots will mind-whammy half the opposing team, the rest will be taken out by eachother thanks to various illusions, the remaining people(if any) are now getting power dampened and bumrushed by the rest of the villains/x-men.

If you give the x-men a heads up or something, or have a telepath there, then i can see them winning.... but the odds are really against them in this scenario.

since im here anyway..

Dr Octopus vs Beast
    Green Goblin vs Cyclops
    Electro vs Bishop ehh im not sure to be honest. If electro can still do brain manipulations he wins, if not im guessing Bishop.
    Sandman vs Iceman
    Mysterio vs Gambit I guess Gambit can aoe the entire battlefield and take him out.
    Lizard vs Nightcrawler
    Kraven vs Wolverine Kraven is stronger, but he cant put Wolverine down.
    Rhino vs Colossus
    Vulture vs Archangel
    Venom vs Rogue
    Scorpion vs Warpath
    Hobgoblin vs Storm

I don't know enough about the prep skills of the 12. I'm not sure they can get around all the detection capabilities of the X-Men to effect a succesful surprise attack (though technically maybe they could just teleport in). Prep could favor the villains to take a solid majority.

In the random fights i think the mutants win all matches except for Lizard. Doc Ock and Scorpion are potentially close fights that could go either way.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 10-05-2015 at 07:23 PM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Norman Osborn and Roderick Kingsley aren't sloths in the prep department, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Kraven is just CBPH with some drug enhancements and strategic use of poison. Wolverine's metabolism should make him particularly resistant to toxins, and his regeneration is more than enough to shrug off Kraven's punches.
    I was under the impression that Kraven had near Spider-Man level strength?
    Last edited by Captain Jibberish; 10-05-2015 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jibberish View Post
    Norman Osborn and Roderick Kingsley aren't sloths in the prep department, either.

I was under the impression that Kraven had near Spider-Man level strength?
    Kraven has very low-end superhuman strength, capable of lifting about 2,000 pounds, or one ton. Early in his career, Spider-man was said to be able to lift 10 tons, but he has since become even stronger. In prior appearances, I think that Kraven was shown to be stronger than Ka-Zar or Daredevil, and approximately as strong as Man-Wolf and Tigra.