Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Hercules (Greek mythology) vs Batman (New 52)

Batman does not get prep or gets prep and this is Hercules from the greek mythology.

Mighty Member

I don't remember any speed or durability feats for Herc. I know Bats doesn't want to get hit by him.

BANNED

The hero's first task was to kill the Nemean Lion, a monstrous beast that terrorized the countryside and could not be killed by any weapon. Hercules strangled the beast with his bare hands and made its skin into a cloak that made him invulnerable.
    Heracles went to Atlas and offered to hold up the heavens while Atlas got the apples from his daughters
    Hercules' final task was one of the most difficult and dangerous. He had to descend to the kingdom of Hades and capture Cerberus, the fierce three-headed dog that guarded the gates to the underworld. Hades said Hercules could take Cerberus if he used no weapons to overcome the beast. Hercules wrestled Cerberus into submission or gave him drugged food and carried him to Eurystheus.
    Hercules is not called a Demi-God for nothing.

I can't see Bats doing very well against a mythological deity strong enough to hold up the sky for an extended time or rerouting an entire river in under a day and was created by a society that made Wrestling an Olympic Sport

Hell he killed the Nemean Lion by strangling it to death with his bare hands

Also said Lion which was impervious to more or less everything but its own claws then became his cloak, which he was commonly written wearing ergo it's standard equipment

BANNED

Hercules not only wears his Nemean lionskin but also has a club as his weapon.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Batman wins because there is no Hercules in Greek Mythology. Herakles, OTOH, would probably be immune to anything that Bruce can really hope to do against him.

Did he have any sort of resistance to poisons/gases? I know that poison eventually tortured him enough to get him to kill himself, but I don't know if that poison had any super special properties. Of course, at the strength/mythology levels involved, Herakles could probably just clap away or just plain wrestle away any clouds of gas.

On that note though, Herakles also carried around arrows dipped in the Hydra's very powerful poisons, IIRC.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingmyth View Post
    Hercules is not called a Demi-God for nothing.
    so given that you know how powerful myth herc is, why did you think bruce stood a chance?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so given that you know how powerful myth herc is, why did you think bruce stood a chance?
    Point: Herakles/Hercules still has a solar plexus. Don't count Bruce out just yet.

Given the Augean stables labor, I'm not sure he has to breath

Batman does not get prep or gets prep and this is Hercules from the greek mythology.
    I've always found the durability of the Heracles of mythology to be in one of those grey areas, especially against slashing/ cutting weapons and things in general other than blunt trauma. So it depends largely on where you think he stands regarding certain types of attacks and how fast you think he is. I always thought there was a good reason why he gathered armies of his own to fight armies instead of just wading through them. Depends too, I suppose, on which versions of the myth. Considering Batman's speed and his arsenal of gas and probably some edged batarangs, I'm not dismissing his chances here.

Edit: Heracles' skill with a bow was extreme, arguably even superhuman when it came to accuracy, probably his best weapon. But I don't recall any feats of superhuman speed when it came to firing off arrows so the accuracy probably doesn't matter against Batman who simply won't be there. Of course, if there are objects in the arena and Heracles starts tossing boulders, big boulders...
    Last edited by Powerboy; 06-07-2014 at 06:31 PM.
    Power with Girl is better.

Herc threaten the Sun with those Hydra blood arrows to " Do not fry me or I fire a bolt." and the Sun backed the frell off.

That's true Demigod baddassery there.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Mostly-normal guy vs. Guy who manhandles rivers and holds the sky off the ground.

Yeah I'm betting on the one that rearranges the local Geography whenever he has work to do.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

Batman gets stomped.