Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I love Wenonah but i think power wise the US would want more of a heavy hitter and someone with ties to the goverment. She has flight night vision, talons and maybe communication with owls but does she have in other abilities i'm unaware of?
    Britain sent someone down with hair control to rep them. Most of the Global Guardians weren't heavy hitters. I could see the US Government not taking it seriously with all the heavy hitters in it's own backyard. Kind of a team mostly for diplomatic efforts/mostly small scale humanitarian missions.

I still see OwlWoman as a villain in her JLI days. Her talons were shown to be able to cut Captain Atom!

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    I see some continue the trend of wanting to replace her....
    In my defense, I don't know much about Owlwoman and I already included Flying Fox so I didn't want to have two American Indigenous characters with mystical powers in my line-up.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-20-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I love Wenonah but i think power wise the US would want more of a heavy hitter and someone with ties to the goverment. She has flight night vision, talons and maybe communication with owls but does she have in other abilities i'm unaware of?
    Her talons were shown to be able to cut Captain Atom!

Not so ironically in the book that chose to mostly degrade the Global Guardians as a team, use them as fodder, to replace them with potentuially the least "international" International team. LOL

They were kind of written off and replaced by JLI/JLE based in Europe, who were mostly not an international team-

I Honestly always preferred the legit Global Guardians, even as hokey as they were.
    I wish they would just rework/update most of the original team. Have Dr. Nommo Balewa go on a global - "putting the band back together" adventure - regroupe any of the original team left (or resurrected, yes he has the power), or find their legacies, and a few new heroes on the way.
    With Dr. Nommo - as simply The Myst, leading the team again!

And the one (yes only one) USA member on the team, shouldn't be Batman, or Guy Gardner, or Captain Atom or Dick Grayson as I've often seen suggested, it should be freakin Owlwoman! (who is always criminally replaced by another white anglo male)
    Which is fine, make and call them ^ (and extended team) Justice League International.
    No reason to conflate the two teams.

The Global Guardians were their own team, and should be again.
    Have Dr. Nommo Balewa go on a global - "putting his band back together" adventure, update where necessary, (Deus Ex resurrect and heal, yes he has the power) whoever necessary, and/or find their legacies, maybe adding a few new heroes on the way.
    And as The Myst, finally lead his team, actually called Global Guardians again!
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-22-2019 at 09:52 AM.

Which non-American superheros have appeared in the most comics do you think? I'd assume most would be as members of DC comics superteams.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    Which non-American superheros have appeared in the most comics do you think? I'd assume most would be as members of DC comics superteams.
    For DC, Kimiyo Hoshi and Wonder Woman.

For Marvel, Black Panther, Black Widow and Shang Chi.

Not so ironically in the book that chose to mostly degrade the Global Guardians as a team, use them as fodder, to replace them with potentuially the least "international" International team. LOL
    What's the context for this scene?

This group which had Owlwoman as a member should be made cannon.

Wonder Woman (leader)
    Vixen (co-leader)
    Doctor Mist
    Tasmanian Devil
    Fire
    Ice
    Red Star
    Owl Woman
    Aztek
    Nightrunner

Just missed the cut:
    Kid Impala
    OMAC (cho)
    Dr. Light (Yoshi)
    B'Wanna Beast
    Mr. Unknown
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    Well, there are New Gods, Legionnaires and John Constantine. Do we imagine J'onn or Supes are legal?

Whoa, there are a lot of obscure characters here and some others who has become more known. There are at least six who I didn't reconize:
    blue "Namor"(Barracuda?), eagle man, green "Adam Strange", red T-shirt ginger, human tyger, and not-Robotman (Automan?).
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Where is this from? A lot of obscure characters. I’d like to read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Where is this from? A lot of obscure characters. I’d like to read this.
    It is from Comic Reader #194 (1981). It was a contest as to see who could name the most characters. The only appearance of the non team was on the back cover. The key below.

1. Fire
    2. Ice
    3. Extraño
    4. Tasmanian Devil
    5. Owlwoman
    6. Isis
    7. Super-Man
    8. Geo-Force
    9. Solstice
    10. Dr. Light
    11. Godiva
    12. Seraph
    13. Cachiru
    14. El Dorado
    15. Crimson Fox
    16. Doctor Mist
    17. Ya’Wara
    18. Alpha Centurion

I like a large team, where teammates mix and match together for different missions.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    1. Fire
    2. Ice
    3. Extraño
    4. Tasmanian Devil
    5. Owlwoman
    6. Isis
    7. Super-Man
    8. Geo-Force
    9. Solstice
    10. Dr. Light
    11. Godiva
    12. Seraph
    13. Cachiru
    14. El Dorado
    15. Crimson Fox
    16. Doctor Mist
    17. Ya’Wara
    18. Alpha Centurion

I like a large team, where teammates mix and match together for different missions.
    I'd love a giant rotating Global Guardians team this thread celebrates. With an expansive and growing roster to call from. And different members and partnering called for specific missions.

And with all the great character nuances, tropes, motifs to build from, that were disqualified in that other thread.
    Last edited by Güicho; 12-14-2019 at 06:48 AM.

I wish Doomsday Click had ended with a clearer picture of the new Global Guardians.
    It would be interesting to have characters like Nubia and Tempest representing Paradise Island and Atlantis.

As far as the Owlwoman controversy on this thread goes, I can understand why so many picked other heroes to represent the US.
    There's no way the government wouldn't pick a military type like Captain Atom instead of a native American.
    Owlwoman has tons of potential and I'd love to see her revamped, but I can't see her representing the USA in the current climate, unless the team is completely independent from the government (but to me that would be a better premise for the Super Friends)