Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

America (Superman), Japan (Rising Sun), china (August General In Iron), India (Outsider Michael Desai), Britain (Britannia Penny Black), russia (red star), Australia (Tasmanian Devil), Canada (Equinox), Greece (Alexandra Gianopoulos), Brazil (Fire), Iceland (Ice), Africa (Deity of Kingdom), Israel (Seraph), Syria (Sandstorm), germany (Ubermensch), etc.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 10-03-2015 at 09:37 AM.

Doctor Light(Kimiyo)- The Brains

Simon Baz GL- The Big Gun

Fire- The Heat

Ice- The Cooler

Red Star- The Powerhouse

Tempest- The Mystic

Vixen- The Fox

Grace Choi- The Muscle

Cassandra Cain- The Quiet One

Gotta say I'm surprised almost everyone chose the Global Guardians name, I was expecting more JLI teams. I guess everyone is kind of tired of multiple teams having the same name.

^^^^^

I Know I am. Have been for a loooooooong time.

Peace

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Gotta say I'm surprised almost everyone chose the Global Guardians name, I was expecting more JLI teams. I guess everyone is kind of tired of multiple teams having the same name.
    The Global Guardians although they have been, first, international team of super-heroes of DC Comics have always been tremendously neglected by readers. They were one of the super teams of heroes "ugly ducklings" of DC Comics.They did not have any truly noteworthy character, only having superhero third tier, DC Comics. Throughout the existence of the team they had very little relevance as superhero group in the DC Universe and they are best remembered as antagonists of Justice League International and most notably for their deaths at the hands of Prometheus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansomon View Post
    The Global Guardians although they have been, first, international team of super-heroes of DC Comics have always been tremendously neglected by readers. They were one of the super teams of heroes "ugly ducklings" of DC Comics.They did not have any truly noteworthy character, only having superhero third tier, DC Comics. Throughout the existence of the team they had very little relevance as superhero group in the DC Universe and they are best remembered as antagonists of Justice League International and most notably for their deaths at the hands of Prometheus.
    I agree with everything except faulting the readers. All the poor decisions mentioned were made by DC, it's no wonder readers would neglect them considering the way they've been portrayed in the few comics they do appear.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I agree with everything except faulting the readers. All the poor decisions mentioned were made by DC, it's no wonder readers would neglect them considering the way they've been portrayed in the few comics they do appear.
    But that is precisely the point. DC Comics has never tried to attract more readers to the Global Guardians putting in team international superheroes heavyweights. Readers did not like the team simply because they never had great reason to get attached by the heroes of the Global Guardians. Just think of the JLI and its charismatic and funny characters much more attractive and loved by readers and the Global Guardians a team of Z-class heroes full of characters little known and less powerful than Darkseid would kill everyone with a sneeze you think the rather readers as super-team of international heroes of DC Comics?

The team of Global Guardians simply had to be summarily dismissed as a dead weight in favor of the Justice League International. And readers do not even bother. They did not feel the slightest lack when the Global Guardians are gone and neither shed a single tear for the heroes who died at the hands of Prometheus.

I read readers mourn today the death of Liam Harper and Roy Harper have had a severed arm by that snob Prometheus that neither was to have become as menacing character just being just another of the supporting bizarre characters created in the phase of Justice League of Grant Morrison. And Prometheus "hunt" and "kill" each of the Global Guardians was ridiculous. If Prometheus was so "well prepared" and "secure the victory for the heroes" and with a plan already mapped out for all why he did not just set out to "hunt" and "kill" the members of the Justice League?

Simply because the DC Comics wanted was to rule out once and for all a team of heroes who considered "expendable" and "unnecessary" in a way that could never be brought back. Prometheus was wrong when he said that the Global Guardians were "lousy heroes" because there are no "lousy heroes." There are so yes, bad editorial decisions and mediocre writers. Even a team of more losers can become great if the publisher believe her enough to give her a chance.But just because the Global Guardians have never been a team "important" and "central" in the DC Universe that did not mean they could not have been if the publisher had believed a little more in the potential of the Global Guardians as super-team.

Alan Moore proved when he took the Swamp Thing a obscure character that few readers were interested and became a sales success and one of the main titles of the Vertigo line that there are characters that can not be properly harnessed if given the proper chance. Similarly when Grant Morrison took the Animal Man an almost forgotten supporting character and become one of the most complex and intriguing characters ever written by using the meta-language he proved that there are no characters that can not have its value if one really believe them.

The Global Guardians never had someone who believed in them as super-team or they could be an important team but it can happen but if readers and DC Comics believe in them enough to get them out of the void and dare to put on super team International heroes heavier weights and fewer weak. It's all a matter of believing.
    Last edited by Sansomon; 10-05-2015 at 03:55 AM.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I'd just call it Justice League International, but the name recognition with the 80s team might make it unreasonable. In any case:

Martian Manhunter (going by the Morrison/Millar interpretation of him as primarily a defender of the southern hemisphere)
    Knight
    Isis
    Negative Woman
    Zauriel
    Blue Beetle (Jamie)
    Hammersuit Zero-X
    Celestial Archer
    Buh-bye

Amazing Member

01 - Knight/ Beryl Hutchinson (UK)
    02 - Nightrunner / Bilal Asselah (France)
    03 - Vixen / Mari McCabe (Zambesi)
    04 - RedStar / Leonid Konstantinovitch Kovar (Russia)
    05 - Manitou Dawn (Ancient Atlantis/US)

Global Guardians

The team would headquartered on a satellite with teleporter access to every nation in the world. J'onn would serve the same roll as he did on the Justice League Unlimited cartoon as coordinator for the various teams active around the world. The hero/heroine of the nation where the operation is taken place would serve as field leader on the mission. Other heroes/heroines of various nations can be brought in as needed or alternate with members rotating in an out. The team being stationed on satellite would also in effect make them the first line of defense again alien attacks as well. Being Global Guardians the team will have a huge rotating roster allowing for countries with various heroes to have a chance to shine.

Martian Manhunter - leader / coordinator
    Argentina - La Salamanca
    Atlantis - Man O'War
    Australia - Tasmanian Devil
    Austria - Frag
    Bangladesh - Montpellier
    Belgravia - Scarlet Bowman
    Bhutran - Shadowdragon
    Bosnia and Herzegovina - Signal Ray
    Brazil - Fire
    Brigadoon - Behemoth
    Cameroon - Ndoki
    Canada - Equinox
    China - Thundermind
    Denmark - Little Mermaid
    Egypt - Isis
    France - Crimson Fox
    Germany - Karl Zorn
    Ghana - Anansi
    Gorilla City - Grogamesh
    Greece - Olympian
    Guatemala - Mas y Menos
    India - Celsius
    Indonesia - Cascade
    Iran - Scirocco
    Ireland - Jack O'Lantern
    Israel - Golem
    Italy - Alpha Centurion
    Jamaica - Jet
    Japan - Doctor Light
    Khandaq - Black Adam
    Lower Pluxa - Zoolog
    Markovia - Geo-Force
    Mexico - El Dorado
    New Zealand - Sun-Chained-in-Ink
    Norway - Ice
    Palestine - Iron Butterfly
    Qurac - Sharif
    Peru - Extrano
    Puerto Rico - Menagerie
    Republic of the Congo - Deity
    Russia - Pozhar
    South Africa - Freedom Beast
    Spain - Jolt
    Strata - Terra
    Sweden - Sunburst
    Syria - Sandstorm
    Taiwan - Thunderlord
    Themyscira - Nubia
    Transbelvia - Dava
    United Kingdom - Britannia
    United States - Captain Atom
    Venezuela - Rima the Jungle Girl
    Vietnam - Thunder & Lightning
    Zambesi - Vixen

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Global Guardians

The team would headquartered on a satellite with teleporter access to every nation in the world. J'onn would serve the same roll as he did on the Justice League Unlimited cartoon as coordinator for the various teams active around the world. The hero/heroine of the nation where the operation is taken place would serve as field leader on the mission. Other heroes/heroines of various nations can be brought in as needed or alternate with members rotating in an out. The team being stationed on satellite would also in effect make them the first line of defense again alien attacks as well. Being Global Guardians the team will have a huge rotating roster allowing for countries with various heroes to have a chance to shine.

Martian Manhunter - leader / coordinator
    Argentina - La Salamanca
    Atlantis - Man O'War
    Australia - Tasmanian Devil
    Austria - Frag
    Bangladesh - Montpellier
    Belgravia - Scarlet Bowman
    Bhutran - Shadowdragon
    Bosnia and Herzegovina - Signal Ray
    Brazil - Fire
    Brigadoon - Behemoth
    Cameroon - Ndoki
    Canada - Equinox
    China - Thundermind
    Denmark - Little Mermaid
    Egypt - Isis
    France - Crimson Fox
    Germany - Karl Zorn
    Ghana - Anansi
    Gorilla City - Grogamesh
    Greece - Olympian
    Guatemala - Mas y Menos
    India - Celsius
    Indonesia - Cascade
    Iran - Scirocco
    Ireland - Jack O'Lantern
    Israel - Golem
    Italy - Alpha Centurion
    Jamaica - Jet
    Japan - Doctor Light
    Khandaq - Black Adam
    Lower Pluxa - Zoolog
    Markovia - Geo-Force
    Mexico - El Dorado
    New Zealand - Sun-Chained-in-Ink
    Norway - Ice
    Palestine - Iron Butterfly
    Qurac - Sharif
    Peru - Extrano
    Puerto Rico - Menagerie
    Republic of the Congo - Deity
    Russia - Pozhar
    South Africa - Freedom Beast
    Spain - Jolt
    Strata - Terra
    Sweden - Sunburst
    Syria - Sandstorm
    Taiwan - Thunderlord
    Themyscira - Nubia
    Transbelvia - Dava
    United Kingdom - Britannia
    United States - Captain Atom
    Venezuela - Rima the Jungle Girl
    Vietnam - Thunder & Lightning
    Zambesi - Vixen
    Very cool to formation you envisioned for the Global Guardians taking into account countries and even fictitious places in the DC Universe. I believe that if by chance were that the Global Guardians would be one of the greatest and most powerful teams in the DC Universe. But there's one small problem ... I noticed some of the names on your list are super-villains and I do not think many subjects with tilt and evil tendency suddenly become "good people." It's not like "Forever Evil" in which the only hope of Earth-1 against the Crime Syndicate of America was precisely the "villains" of Earth-1. In this case we are trying to gather "heroes." The best of each country of the DC Universe and I think it could lead to problems put as many "redeemed villains". It would not be possible you redo your list only with international superheroes heavyweights?

Quote Originally Posted by Sansomon View Post
    Very cool to formation you envisioned for the Global Guardians taking into account countries and even fictitious places in the DC Universe. I believe that if by chance were that the Global Guardians would be one of the greatest and most powerful teams in the DC Universe. But there's one small problem ... I noticed some of the names on your list are super-villains and I do not think many subjects with tilt and evil tendency suddenly become "good people." It's not like "Forever Evil" in which the only hope of Earth-1 against the Crime Syndicate of America was precisely the "villains" of Earth-1. In this case we are trying to gather "heroes." The best of each country of the DC Universe and I think it could lead to problems put as many "redeemed villains". It would not be possible you redo your list only with international superheroes heavyweights?
    Unless i am missing something the only three that might be considered evil would be Black Adam, Menagerie and Dava. Maybe im missing some what others are you talking about? dump Dava and Menagerie. Black Adam is are was leader of Khandaq and with Isis there he just seems a natural fit plus he has worked with the JSA.