Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Stormwatch : America (Fahrenheit), Italy (Diva), Japan (Fuji), Russia (Winter), Ireland (Hellstrike), Kenya (Flint), Tibet (Swift).
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 10-07-2015 at 10:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Stormwatch : America (Fahrenheit), Italy (Diva), Japan (Fuji), Russia (Winter), Ireland (Hellstrike), Kenya (Flint), Tibet (Swift).
    I forgot the supergroup Stormwatch really they are also a super-team of international heroes

Can we please not have a Chinese chick(Swift)represent Tibetans in your various Global Guardians. Just a pet peeve of mine.

BANNED

If it's going to be international, you need to go all the way with it and base it outside the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    If it's going to be international, you need to go all the way with it and base it outside the U.S.
    I agree!
    The original Global Guardians were based in Antarctica (considered somewhat neutral territory).

They were kind of written off and replaced by JLI/JLE based in Europe, who were mostly not an international team-

I Honestly always preferred the legit Global Guardians, even as hokey as they were.
    I wish they would just rework/update most of the original team. Have Dr. Nommo Balewa go on a global - "putting the band back together" adventure - regroupe any of the original team left (or resurrected, yes he has the power), or find their legacies, and a few new heroes on the way.
    With Dr. Nommo - as simply The Myst, leading the team again!

And the one (yes only one) USA member on the team, shouldn't be Batman, or Guy Gardner, or Captain Atom or Dick Grayson as I've often seen suggested, it should be freakin Owlwoman! (who is always criminally replaced by another white anglo male)
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-22-2017 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Gotta say I'm surprised almost everyone chose the Global Guardians name, I was expecting more JLI teams. I guess everyone is kind of tired of multiple teams having the same name.
    Global Guardians has always had a small cult but strong following, the old boards before the reboot had several threads championing their return.
    Although it was often hijacked by the JLI fans, who would just use the name interchangeably, but really only meant JLI. LOL!
    But this is the legit Global Guardians team-

With soma costume upgrades, a few legacy characters, and some of the new additions to the team, they should return!
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-28-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    Can we please not have a Chinese chick(Swift)represent Tibetans in your various Global Guardians. Just a pet peeve of mine.
    Who would you chose Aura, Batgirl/Blackbat, Ghost Fox Killer, Gloss, Kwai, Mother of Champions, Peacock, Ri, Suzie Ming, some one else?

I agree the Global Guardians they should return, but this is a case where some revisions are needed. Some of the characters are just so stereotypical they'd need to be updated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Global Guardians has always had a small cult but strong following, the old boards before the reboot had several threads championing their return.
    Although it was often hijacked by the JLI fans, who would just use the name interchangeably, but really only meant JLI. LOL!
    But this is the legit Global Guardians team-

With soma costume upgrades, a few legacy characters, and some of the new additions to the team, they should return!
    I fully agree that DC Comics would bring the Global Guardians back as official international super-team of the DC Universe New 52 but unfortunately this is not us who decided

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    I think the original Global Guardians were based in Antarctica (considered somewhat neutral/Global owned territory).

They were kind of written off and replaced by JLI/JLE based in Europe, and mostly not an international team-

http://forums.superherohype.com/images/smilies/doh.gif

As corny as they were, I Honestly always prefered the legit Global Guardians
    I wish they would just rework/update most of the original team. Have Dr. Nommo Balewa go on a global - "putting the band back together" adventure - regroupe any of the original team left (or resurrected, yes he has the power), or find their legacies, and a few new heroes on the way.
    With Dr. Nommo - as simply The Myst, leading the team again!

And the one (yes only one) USA member on the team, shouldn't be Batman, or Guy Gardner, or Captain Atom or Dick Grayson as I've often seen suggested, it should be freakin Owlwoman! (who is always criminally replaced by another white anglo male)
    I would put these characters of Super Friends as members of the Global Guardians:

Apache Chief , Black Vulcan , Samurai , El Dorado and The Wonder Twins

They were really cool if by chance these old superheroes of old cartoon of the Super Friends could be integrated as new members of a possible new comics title of Global Guardians =) .

I would find really cool if the DC Comics to bring the Global Guardians in its classical formation in which debuted in comics Super Friends. But at the same time they would have to do a complete update of each of the classic characters of the Global Guardians to make them more in line with the current reality of their respective countries these days. I also think that they should be less stereotyped and archetypes and based on the "American vision" of how would be the heroes and heroines of other countries, Fire and Ice are already integrated into the Justice League International then I think that DC could create equivalents of them to Global Guardians . Tasmanian Devil on the other hand is not so much involved for him to JLI is his "work" while the Global Guardians are your "family" he could serve as a "link" between the Global Guardians and the JLI. Rising Sun practically only appeared in the DC Universe New 52 to be killed at the hands of Deathstorm in "Forever Evil" I think that DC could create a more powerful Japanese superhero perhaps a "Japan's Superman". Anyway I think that if I happen to relaunch the Global Guardians with their classical team I work a lot to make it a powerful and functional group of international superheroes.
    Last edited by Sansomon; 10-10-2015 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansomon View Post
    I fully agree that DC Comics would bring the Global Guardians back as official international super-team of the DC Universe New 52 but unfortunately this is not us who decided

I would put these characters of Super Friends as members of the Global Guardians:

They were really cool if by chance these old superheroes of old cartoon of the Super Friends could be integrated as new members of a possible new comics title of Global Guardians =) .
    I think the Hanna Barbera created heroes already have enough recognition to be developed as their own unique stand out team, and would be lost mashed into into the Global Guardians, who already have large numbers.
    The HB heroes are unique enough they could stand as their own team.

I would find really cool if the DC Comics to bring the Global Guardians in its classical formation in which debuted in comics Super Friends. But at the same time they would have to do a complete update of each of the classic characters of the Global Guardians to make them more in line with the current reality of their respective countries these days. I also think that they should be less stereotyped and archetypes and based on the "American vision" of how would be the heroes and heroines of other countries, Fire and Ice are already integrated into the Justice League International then I think that DC could create equivalents of them to Global Guardians . Tasmanian Devil on the other hand is not so much involved for him to JLI is his "work" while the Global Guardians are your "family" he could serve as a "link" between the Global Guardians and the JLI. Rising Sun practically only appeared in the DC Universe New 52 to be killed at the hands of Deathstorm in "Forever Evil" I think that DC could create a more powerful Japanese superhero perhaps a "Japan's Superman". Anyway I think that if I happen to relaunch the Global Guardians with their classical team I work a lot to make it a powerful and functional group of international superheroes.
    Would love to see it!
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-22-2017 at 09:39 AM.

I agree with you about apache chief, but i kind of like samurai and el dorado the way they are. And i can't stand the wonder twins.

Retired

While I love the Global Guardians, I'd like to give the Blackhawks a bigger profile.

The Batmen of All Nations (aka Club of Heroes) should have given rise to the Global Guardians, but that doesn't work with current continuity where Batman wasn't around in the 1950s. But maybe the Blackhawks gave rise to the GG. I like Blackhawk anchored in WW II, so maybe after the war Blackhawk Island was surrounded by a mist and the Blackhawks remained in stasis. In their absence, a new league of international heroes took their place--what became the Global Guardians.

As far as Canada goes, I don't like that there's only one Centrix. Long ago, I had this idea that Centrix is really a group name and it's the Six Centrix Six (so called because it works in English and French). Six regions of Canada have a Centrix--and each of them has his or her own power and they each have unique origins. When they all get together they are more powerful than when they are separated.

The Posse

Virgil Hawkins - USA

Tye Longshadow - Canada

Asami Koizumi - Japan

Ed Dorado - Guatamela

Wonder Twins - Exxor

Bombshells

Wonder Woman - Themyscira

Faith - Mexico

Dr Light - Japan

Gloss - China

Jet - Jamaica

Sasha Bordeaux - USA

I've always felt Peacemaker has a more global outreach than most heroes.

I could see him leading an international Checkmate team that investigates potential threats around the globe.
    His personal base in the Swiss Alps would work great as their headquarters. Some of these heroes
    could use a little reinventing and could fit here.

Checkmate!
    Peacemaker
    Fleur de Lis
    Bushmaster
    Ghost Fox Killer
    Dark Crow
    Tundra
    Freedom Beast
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.