Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by taisteluperuna View Post
    Because the only reason that Superman is typically vulnerable to them is they are supernatural/magic and he is not invulnerable to that.
    Neither is Batman, but he's somehow able to move faster than a vampire and endure getting hit by one.

Superman is definitely absurdly over-powered.
    Batman's body-armour can only protect him so much before it becomes absurd...

"Typical" vampire can be taken out by a determined middle aged bloke of average fitness with a hammer and a pointy piece of wood. If Superman is in trouble against that sort of opponent...best to read Tintin.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    "Typical" vampire can be taken out by a determined middle aged bloke of average fitness with a hammer and a pointy piece of wood. If Superman is in trouble against that sort of opponent...best to read Tintin.
    I was going to make the same joke. My grandmother was surrounded by crucifixes and table legs. She was a geriatric Van Helsing on wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I was going to make the same joke. My grandmother was surrounded by crucifixes and table legs. She was a geriatric Van Helsing on wheels.
    Armed with a holy water atomiser she'd be able to account for a few.

Really main two questions with Superman v Vampires ought to be:-

1/ What effect would his heat vision have on them? Would it be equivalent to sunlight?

2/ Would he be comfortable about killing intelligent creatures? Or would he be impelled to restraining them till he could find a cure?

Quote Originally Posted by taisteluperuna View Post
    Just wondering, vampires are generally in the DC comics stated to have some level of invulnerability and superhuman strength. Have it ever been seen how/if they could stand up to a Kryptonian strength-wise and all?
    Captain Marvel's strength comes from magic. Depending on the writer, that may help a little but they are about equally matched. Same with Black Adam. There was a Silver Age story where a demon punched Superman so hard it knocked him to the other side of the planet. He flew right back and punched the demo even harder.

Given Superman's strength and speed, it's ridiculous that a vampire would have any chance even if it's supernatural origins somehow make it a little stronger against Superman.

But the sheer inconsistency of how Superman's "magic weakness" works is yet another mark against it though it's largely the same inconsistency that always happens with the abilities of comic book characters.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    What he said - I remember a line from "Forever Knight" - "Stay away from sunlight and sharp sticks - that was the deal" - that was in the episode where HIV was reportedly affecting the vampires

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Given Superman's strength and speed, it's ridiculous that a vampire would have any chance even if it's supernatural origins somehow make it a little stronger against Superman.
    Completely agree - appropriately written Superman can speed blitz a vampire into a sunlit area of the world - 'nuff said