Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It looked like we were going to get a Red X revival in the first new 52 teen titans. Then again, considering that run, I'm glad it didn't happen at that point. I would love to see a lot of those mentioned in this thread come into comics, as well as King Tut!
    Romans 8:17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs- heirs of God and co heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    I would love to see Phantasm from The Mask of The Phantasm animated movie (this is my favorite Batman movie ) It would be so awesome, explains why Batman is so cold and only lives for his mission (the kind of batman that i dig the most) so well...i haven't read zero year yet and i really liked year one but mask of phantasm is my favorite origin i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    agreed. the first character i thought of when i saw this thread was the Phantasm.
    I thought Phantasm was based on the Reaper from from Batman: Year Two.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I'd love to see lock up again; or calendar girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    Calender Girl was good I mean she was really insane I think. But the way she was always wearing a mask and believing she was ugly just really added some depth I think to the character. I was a kid when I last saw that episode but I remember it well Bulloch took off her mask she started flipping out and the big shock was nothing was wrong with her. Babydoll was also a good villain to.
    I think Calendar Girl will seem redundant now after Gail Simone introduced the concept of season-triggered insanity for Poison Ivy in Batgirl Annual #2. Amy Chu's upcoming mini-series for Ivy, Cycle of Life and Death, appears to be running with the concept of Ivy having different psyches during different seasons too.

Babydoll could totally work though. The horror film The Orphan really brought out the creepiness of the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    There's probably some truth there but for what it's worth I find the Phantasm to be a much more compelling character. I was really excited when she was brought back in Batman Beyond 2.0 and definitely wouldn't mind her getting some love in current continuity.

Well Phantasm was a Titan's character originally i believe. (I could be remembering it wrong.) It was when Danny Chase died and he became a part of the souls of Azarath.

Astonishing Member

Zelda the Great; Lord Ffogg; Egghead; King Tut.

Sure.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I like it when they try out stuff, at least, from tv or movies, into the comics.

I'd like to see more of the BoP TV Harley in comics-Harley, but I imagine I'm a rarity in that. Less incompetence and pratfalls. More chipper psychotic violence, and intense criminal brilliance.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Astonishing Member

The "Beware The Batman" version of Magpie was great, I'd love to see her make it into comics fully.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    I like it when they try out stuff, at least, from tv or movies, into the comics.

I'd like to see more of the BoP TV Harley in comics-Harley, but I imagine I'm a rarity in that. Less incompetence and pratfalls. More chipper psychotic violence, and intense criminal brilliance.
    I think that could be interesting. Though I doubt this would be possible given Harley's current direction.

Wouldn't mind at all. It can work out really well and if it doesn't, it's easy to let them fade into the background again.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I'd like to see Ebon and Hotstreak make appearances in comics from Static Shock.
    The Dee Dee twins, Bonk, Ghoul, Woof, and Chucko from Batman Beyond being introduced to the main Batman comics would be interesting too.

I'd also like to see a comic adaption with these characters/designs:
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think Calendar Girl will seem redundant now after Gail Simone introduced the concept of season-triggered insanity for Poison Ivy in Batgirl Annual #2. Amy Chu's upcoming mini-series for Ivy, Cycle of Life and Death, appears to be running with the concept of Ivy having different psyches during different seasons too.

Babydoll could totally work though. The horror film The Orphan really brought out the creepiness of the concept.
    I don't think you remember what Calendar Girl's whole problem was in the cartoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc6nbLnAHpg

"She's beautiful."

"She can't see that anymore. All she sees are the flaws."

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Based on the Reaper but a totally different character and a totally different story. Having read Year Two a long time ago, I can safely say that MotP owes more to Batman: Year One than Year Two. The similarities between Year Two and MotP are largely superficial. The Phantasm is also a much better character than the Reaper.

Year Two had a great core idea: Batman faces off against a Punisher-esque vigilante who used to protect Gotham but the execution wasn't that good. I am glad that that story was retconned.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't think you remember what Calendar Girl's whole problem was in the cartoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc6nbLnAHpg

"She's beautiful."

"She can't see that anymore. All she sees are the flaws."
    I was just talking about the "season theme" that may seem redundant now after the latest developments to Ivy's characterization. A beauty/perfection obsessed villain like the Black Swan (from the movie, not Marvel) could work though.