Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

If it's available, I'll take #36 next please. Let's make this one the American Frontier/Western Era.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

92. Mr. Sinister, Now

Similarly to JP, I went with a contemporary look heavily inspired by Victorian fashion. So that does it for me, it's been fun.

Hey R.E.B., I know I flaked out on the last one (sorry), but can I still get involved in this one? A chance to redeem myself if you will!

106, Now, if possible.

Thanks.

BANNED

Jubilee of Salem. A quick messy sketch and color.

A What if Jubilee was the mixed child of a man from Salem, Mass. and a Woman from China. Who was a mutant witch.

I'll do 50. I can do it this weekend, before I get all crazy in the head.

Fantastic job, Dante Milton and Tazirai.

I think we may have to send out a search party for R.E.B. Maybe he's been camping outside of his local IMAX theater all week awaiting the new Star Wars movie??? I was hoping to get a couple more (do we have a limit?) entries done before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    If it's available, I'll take #36 next please. Let's make this one the American Frontier/Western Era.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    92. Mr. Sinister, Now

Similarly to JP, I went with a contemporary look heavily inspired by Victorian fashion. So that does it for me, it's been fun.
    Fantastic work, but its expected at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcohol View Post
    Hey R.E.B., I know I flaked out on the last one (sorry), but can I still get involved in this one? A chance to redeem myself if you will!

106, Now, if possible.

Thanks.
    Sure, its no problem. You have selected: Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

Jubilee of Salem. A quick messy sketch and color.

A What if Jubilee was the mixed child of a man from Salem, Mass. and a Woman from China. Who was a mutant witch.

I'll do 50. I can do it this weekend, before I get all crazy in the head.
    Excellent work, you have selected: Blink

Fantastic job, Dante Milton and Tazirai.

I think we may have to send out a search party for R.E.B. Maybe he's been camping outside of his local IMAX theater all week awaiting the new Star Wars movie??? I was hoping to get a couple more (do we have a limit?) entries done before Christmas.
    Half right, but I'm back. Great work as always. You have selected: Magneto
    ART JAM VI:House Of Mouse

V

IV

III

II

#36 Magneto - American Frontier/Western Era

What If Magneto Was Native American?

I don't necessarily agree with his politics, but when it comes to Western movies, thanks by and large to the great Sergio Leone, Clint Eastwood is the man! He was the perfect model for my frontier Magneto.

The twist, of course, is that instead of being a Jewish Holocaust survivor, this version of Magneto was born to a tribe of now extinct Native Americans. Gone is Magnus/Erik, now he responds to his birthname Mahpiya Maza, or occasionally Mazaska, if he considers you a friend. Sure, his mutant physiognomy allows him to pass for a Caucasian settler, but in truth he is truly the last of his kind...and someone must pay for that. It's one thing to fight to prevent such a tragic outcome, but something altogether different to actually live that nightmare.

Seriously, what if Magneto was Native American? Would he have singlehandedly repelled the genocidal machinations of Manifest Destiny? Would there even be a United States as we know it? What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 12-19-2015 at 09:37 PM.

If #25 is available, I'll take that one next, please. The era will be the Medieval period/Middle Ages.

#36 Magneto - American Frontier/Western Era

What If Magneto Was Native American?

I don't necessarily agree with his politics, but when it comes to Western movies, thanks by and large to the great Sergio Leone, Clint Eastwood is the man! He was the perfect model for my frontier Magneto.

The twist, of course, is that instead of being a Jewish Holocaust survivor, this version of Magneto was born to a tribe of now extinct Native Americans. Gone is Magnus/Erik, now he responds to his birthname Mahpiya Maza, or occasionally Mazaska, if he considers you a friend. Sure, his mutant physiognomy allows him to pass for a Caucasian settler, but in truth he is truly the last of his kind...and someone must pay for that. It's one thing to fight to prevent such a tragic outcome, but something altogether different to actually live that nightmare.

Seriously, what if Magneto was Native American? Would he have singlehandedly repelled the genocidal machinations of Manifest Destiny? Would there even be a United States as we know it? What do you think?
    Interesting question, its possible that Erik could of changed the course of history. That would make a great What If.
    Great design by the way, and you have selected: Chamber

V

IV

III

II

Here is Goldballs, Roman Empire....

tmp_16414-20151222_184940-1982353121.jpg

No idea why it's sideways =[

I need to get my butt back on the drawing wagon. Could I try #10?

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Here is Goldballs, Roman Empire....

tmp_16414-20151222_184940-1982353121.jpg

No idea why it's sideways =[
    I really like this, great design.

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    I need to get my butt back on the drawing wagon. Could I try #10?
    Sure, of course you can. You have selected: Juggernaut

*I think that we're at the point where you can continue making pics past 10 drawings. So Dante you can choose again.

* I'm also thinking about extending the deadline to the end of January
    So there can be a diverse set of drawings.

V

IV

III

II

I've recently started getting back into my art. However, 2 things:

1: I don't have a tablet, so all my drawings are hard copies by hand - Pencil/Pen and paper. Is this okay?
    2: I don't have a way to color it, and am terrible with photoshop. Can I get a hand?

If these two are okay, I'd love to do a few. Could I take #109?

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    I've recently started getting back into my art. However, 2 things:

1: I don't have a tablet, so all my drawings are hard copies by hand - Pencil/Pen and paper. Is this okay?
    2: I don't have a way to color it, and am terrible with photoshop. Can I get a hand?

If these two are okay, I'd love to do a few. Could I take #109?
    Pencil and pen are fine, encouraged even. Just be able to scan or take a picture.
    I'm sure we can get your work colored.

Yes, you have selected: Strong Guy

V

IV

III

II

I don't have an easily accessible scanner, so I hope the camera quality is okay, and someone can salvage it enough to color. -MEEP-

#109: Strong Guy - 1920s

702978_10153792626907402_179086486_n.jpg

Our Strong Guy was born in 1909. It was an arduous labor that took his mother's life. Instantly, he was seen as a freak of nature, a genetic throwback from a poor developmental process in his DNA. He had an extremely overdeveloped musculature system, though his skeletal structure was deformed, and his eyelids never properly developed. His father abandoned him and fled town, fearing the reputation of his entire family line would be marred should he raise this jank child. He was taken in by a church, and there he was named Guido, and fitted with specialized goggles embedded directly into his eye sockets. Surprisingly, the genetically mutated child was mentally advanced to some degree, and began forming words shortly after taking his first steps, only months after he was born.

Sometime after Guido's tenth birthday, the Church began sending him out on strange quests that had him doing all sorts of deeds he felt inappropriate in his heart. They often led him into dangerous situations, and inevitably he'd have to use his immense strength to hurt innocent strangers to complete his quests. He started his own research outside of the church in local libraries and eventually came to understand that his church was no ordinary church. It was a Church of Satan, run be a a self-proclaimed demon named Mephisto. After a confrontation, Guido and Mephisto battled, and in the ensuing commotion, Guido murdered Mephisto. The church dispersed shortly thereafter, and Guido was left a homeless orphan. That is until he was picked up by a traveling circus.

Now, at 14 and still developing, Guido spends his days in the Freak Show under the name Strong Guy, in his very own pre-historic inspired show.

For some reason, drawing men isn't too easy for me, but I gave it a shot. Can I do another, or should I wait until we find a colorist for this one?
    Last edited by GoingGreen; 12-24-2015 at 04:30 AM.