Thread: new mutants

Mighty Member

Default new mutants

when do they stop being the new mutants and are like old
    i never liked that name, its just too generic
    i mean when were they introduced? 90's 80s? Its almost 2020 man they should be in their forties
    ijs
    ent nutthin new about them no more

i always had an issue with
    x-factor, x-force, x-hanilation, x-amples, x-es, x-team, x-treme team,

all these x's they just sound like knock offs

its aight tho i ent hatin
    Cyclops was right

They haven't been called the New Mutants since the late 80s. Their book has kept the name for brand purposes, but I don't think they even had a name the last volume.

And in story, the name had been passed down to a younger bunch trained by Dani.

better than being named after a term for a specific age group that immediately outdates you, making it so unmarketable that Marvel doesnt feel its worth doing a relaunch just to keep the copyright to the name. (Gen X)

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    better than being named after a term for a specific age group that immediately outdates you, making it so unmarketable that Marvel doesnt feel its worth doing a relaunch just to keep the copyright to the name. (Gen X)
    uh Generation X is an Awesome name. No one even remembers the term is used for specific age group.

I hear it used in media all the time ("Generation X") when discussion comes up about the current Generation Y or millenials or whatever theyre called now. To a good majority of people it means someone older than 25(or 30.)

Mighty Member

the name "Gen X" > "new mutants"
    Cyclops was right

I wish the original New Mutants were together in an adjectiveless X-Men book...

The "New" part has always been superfluous adjective since the 90s. New X-Men and New Mutants have swapped team members going back to the Yost days.

Generation X is still used to refer to the members of a specific age group but hopefully there will never be a Generation Y or 'Millennial X-___ book in the near re-bootable future.

Well I'm pretty sure none of those original New Mutants are that anymore since they graduated and many went on to teaching new kids and in some cases having relationships with students I'm looking at you Rahne! Later X kids even those seemed to be moving on until the recent event changes now they've sort of become random X Kids again. Armor was teaching in Wolverine and the X Men so we can assume she's too old and/or experienced for kiddie status by now same for Pixie though not sure what they are doing with either of them now.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.