Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.B View Post
    Sure, why not? You have selected: Thunderbird
    John, James or Neal? '70s regardless.

Well, I did what I could with it, lol. Unfortunately, I'm not great with photoshop, so the coloring is pretty basic. Anyway.

Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 10.32.48 PM.jpg

#88 - The Shadow King

During some striking advancements for the Ice Age, many tribes were learning it was the one named Amahl that was discovering these new tricks, like better structural designs for shelter, sturdier weapons for hunting, etc etc. Amahl enjoyed something of a celebrity status, but soon enough, this being so highly revered corrupted him. He quickly became a narcissistic, greedy man. Anyone asking for help would have to give half their monthly findings, or offer him women for sexual use. He also developed a bit of a paranoia. As it turned out, the advances he was making, he was not responsible for. He was pulling knowledge from the minds around him, stealing ideas every which way. He feared the people of the surrounding tribes would learn his secret and turn on him.

Amahl marked a very important, dangerous part in history. He'd grown so corrupt, that he became the first man of pure evil. And the first nightmare he had when there was no good left was the birth of a malevolent creature. This marks its birth. It will grow by feeding on the darkness of those Amahl corrupted on his own, and then continue its path until it is strong enough to control the entire living world.

Isn't he cute, though?

Alright. Uh. May I have #15?

Prettier than you. - Remy Shiver's Avatar

Emma Frost - Victorian era
    Last edited by Shiver; 12-30-2015 at 09:50 PM.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Great stuff you guys!

Feudal Havok presented some design challenges.
    I couldn't figure out how to incorporate the famous chest circle/rings into the design.
    You can see all of my early sketches by clicking the Victorious Bullet link in my sig.

For some reason, I really enjoyed the idea of Alex being a lazy, unkempt ronin roaming the Japanese countryside with his pet monkey Lorna.
    Hope you do too!

The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    #25 Chamber - Medieval Era

I imagine if Chamber had been around at the time he would have begun his career as a squire to Sir Percy of Scandia, the first Black Knight. Chamber would share many adventures with Sir Percy and other knights of King Arthur's court before becoming a knight himself at the twilight of the Arthurian era. After the fall of Camelot and the death of Sir Percy, Chamber would continue his heroic adventures wearing black armor to honor his mentor and wielding a mystical blade not unlike the Ebony Blade and Excalibur. As where Arthur and Percy were guided by Merlin, Chamber is aided in his efforts by someone whom he believes to be Nyneve, the Lady of the Lake, but who is in fact the Morrigan, a very powerful -- and some would say evil -- Irish goddess who presides over war, strife and sovereignty. While she appears to be working on the side of the angels, the Morrigan's true intentions may ultimately cost Chamber his mortal soul.
    this is great! I always thought he'd look good in a suit of armor, since he'd really resemble a sort of "chamber" so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    John, James or Neal? '70s regardless.
    James Proudstar

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    Well, I did what I could with it, lol. Unfortunately, I'm not great with photoshop, so the coloring is pretty basic. Anyway.

Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 10.32.48 PM.jpg

#88 - The Shadow King

During some striking advancements for the Ice Age, many tribes were learning it was the one named Amahl that was discovering these new tricks, like better structural designs for shelter, sturdier weapons for hunting, etc etc. Amahl enjoyed something of a celebrity status, but soon enough, this being so highly revered corrupted him. He quickly became a narcissistic, greedy man. Anyone asking for help would have to give half their monthly findings, or offer him women for sexual use. He also developed a bit of a paranoia. As it turned out, the advances he was making, he was not responsible for. He was pulling knowledge from the minds around him, stealing ideas every which way. He feared the people of the surrounding tribes would learn his secret and turn on him.

Amahl marked a very important, dangerous part in history. He'd grown so corrupt, that he became the first man of pure evil. And the first nightmare he had when there was no good left was the birth of a malevolent creature. This marks its birth. It will grow by feeding on the darkness of those Amahl corrupted on his own, and then continue its path until it is strong enough to control the entire living world.

Isn't he cute, though?

Alright. Uh. May I have #15?
    Sure, you have selected: Callisto

Quote Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
    Emma Frost - Victorian era
    Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Great stuff you guys!

Feudal Havok presented some design challenges.
    I couldn't figure out how to incorporate the famous chest circle/rings into the design.
    You can see all of my early sketches by clicking the Victorious Bullet link in my sig.

For some reason, I really enjoyed the idea of Alex being a lazy, unkempt ronin roaming the Japanese countryside with his pet monkey Lorna.
    Hope you do too!

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    this is great! I always thought he'd look good in a suit of armor, since he'd really resemble a sort of "chamber" so to speak.
    Excellent work everyone, glad to see things pick up in here.
    ART JAM VI:House Of Mouse

V

IV

III

II

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    This is awesome. I am new to coloring. Do you use a computer application or do you literally color it?

I find I get frustrated with using a computer. I've debated getting a graphic tablet with stylus, but recently have ventured into colored pencils. It's so so, I love your affects. Great job.....
    Thanks! When it comes to coloring, I'm a relative novice, too. All of my work starts off with a pencil or pen and paper, but the coloring is a combination of basic Microsoft Paint, Corel Painter Lite and my printer/scanner's tools. The effects are mostly Corel Painter Lite, but some credit is due to the subpar printer that I own. It doesn't reproduce colors, lights or darks accurately, so I'll usually have to touch up the image right after printing it in color. I use brush markers, pen and pencil to touch up the image. After that, I'll then scan the image again and tweak it using the scanner's tools to get the color right. If that doesn't work, I'll use one of the Paints to further tweak it...until I am either satisfied, or just plain ol' tired of trying to "fix" the coloration. Needless to say, I get plain ol' tired quite a bit.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Nice work these last few pages. Great job, all. And Happy New Year!

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Default #37 Thunderbird

Tried to go for a "The Warriors" gang member kind of vibe but I kind of just went for it half-cocked to it's completion. Should not have gone with the afro at least. If it wasn't for the knife I don't think there's anything that comes close to identifying him as Jim Proudstar. Using pencil-crayons for colour was also a mistake.

James_proudstar_70.jpg

#15: Callisto - Enlightenment

Once a great beauty, Callisto dwelled within a life of privilege. Though her family made a modest income, Callisto married rich and navigated through life as a verbose socialite, quite popular among her peers. By the time she was 20, she was already a widower, though she used what her late husband had left her to live a rather comfortable life.

Less than a year later, she found herself in pursuit by a man calling himself Masque. He was miserably disfigured, and folks around town claimed he was cursing citizens to look as hideous as he. She didn't believe anyone until she found herself cornered by Masque... and upon refusing to be his bride, Masque placed his hand upon Callisto and began turning her into some kind of monster. Callisto was able to break from his grasp before the transformation was entirely complete, and the two battled. Callisto lost her eye in the process before townsfolk came to her aid. But upon seeing her, some screamed out, some fainted, and some weeped, for her arms had been turned into sets of tentacles.

Intent on killing him for what he'd done to her, Callisto realized Masque had gone missing. But dressing herself in a cloak, she was able to follow his tracks through eye witnesses and his trail of mutated leftovers. Callisto has been traveling by ship now, having amassed a crew of disfigured men and women, all biding their time until they strike against the gnarly bastard.

Callisto.jpg

May I have #55?
    Last edited by GoingGreen; 01-02-2016 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Tried to go for a "The Warriors" gang member kind of vibe but I kind of just went for it half-cocked to it's completion. Should not have gone with the afro at least. If it wasn't for the knife I don't think there's anything that comes close to identifying him as Jim Proudstar. Using pencil-crayons for colour was also a mistake.

James_proudstar_70.jpg
    #15: Callisto - Roman Empire

Once a great beauty, Callisto dwelled within a life of privilege. Though her family made a modest income, Callisto married rich and navigated through life as a verbose socialite, quite popular among her peers. By the time she was 20, she was already a widower, though she used what her late husband had left her to live a rather comfortable life.

Less than a year later, she found herself in pursuit by a man calling himself Masque. He was miserably disfigured, and folks around town claimed he was cursing citizens to look as hideous as he. She didn't believe anyone until she found herself cornered by Masque... and upon refusing to be his bride, Masque placed his hand upon Callisto and began turning her into some kind of monster. Callisto was able to break from his grasp before the transformation was entirely complete, and the two battled. Callisto lost her eye in the process before townsfolk came to her aid. But upon seeing her, some screamed out, some fainted, and some weeped, for her arms had been turned into sets of tentacles.

Intent on killing him for what he'd done to her, Callisto realized Masque had gone missing. But dressing herself in a cloak, she was able to follow his tracks through eye witnesses and his trail of mutated leftovers. Callisto has been traveling by ship now, having amassed a crew of disfigured men and women, all biding their time until they strike against the gnarly bastard.

Callisto.jpg

May I have #55?
    Great work guys.

GoingGreen, you have selected: Madelyn Pryor
    ART JAM VI:House Of Mouse

V

IV

III

II

BANNED

#15: Callisto - Roman Empire

Callisto.jpg

May I have #55?
    The design looks great, but I've got to ask why a Roman Empire-era pirate is wearing a corset, breeches, and tricorne (18th Century).

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The design looks great, but I've got to ask why a Roman Empire-era pirate is wearing a corset, breeches, and tricorne (18th Century).
    Er, woops! I never corrected myself, is all. Should be okay now. I always write the story out first, then draw/color, and then just paste everything in here.
    Last edited by GoingGreen; 01-02-2016 at 12:35 PM.

I present...

80s Lilandra

I was stumped for a while but then, Cher.

I'll selet #90, 90s please.