Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.B View Post
    You have selected: X-23
    80s X23.jpg
    Huge 80's shoulder pads and hair.
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    80s X23.jpg
    Love the way you worked in her locket.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

#67 Gambit & The Revolution - 80s Era

Sure, everyone knows that Remy LeBeau has a dark and twisted past, but the X-men had no idea just how dark and twisted until a mysterious follower on Remy's "X-tagram" account posted several shocking photos of LeBeau during his time in Prince's entourage. (Yes, THAT Prince.) Some say a few of His Royal Badness's biggest songs were actually written by LeBeau and that the movie Purple Rain was originally titled Purple Remy. (Not so) True story; believe it or not!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think I can manage one, maybe two more before the January 31st deadline. May I have #11 next please? I'd like to go back to the Medieval Period again.

Blu Berri, I love your work on X-23.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I think I can manage one, maybe two more before the January 31st deadline. May I have #11 next please? I'd like to go back to the Medieval Period again.
    As someone, who's a fan of "the artist formerly known as..." This is delightful. You have selected: Legion
    ART JAM VI:House Of Mouse

V

IV

III

II

#11 Legion - Medieval Period

I made one stylistic change in terms of Haller's lighter hair color, which I hope the Legion fans don't mind.

The backstory is fairly straightforward. It's 530 anno Domini. A nobleman of lesser peerage finds an abandoned infant and takes him in as his adopted son. Seven years pass uneventfully until one day the manse is awakened by thunder and earth tremors, and the blood curdling sound of David screaming indiscernible words in different voices and, indeed, different languages.

This being the Dark Ages, the nobleman believes David's condition to be the work of the devil and petitions the local clergy for aid. Before the nobleman's messenger can mount his horse, a mysterious stranger appears in the castle yard. Claiming to be Monk Benedict of Nursia the man convinces the nobleman that he was brought there by the Highest Power to perform an exorcism that will not only save young David's life, but his soul in 3 days. The nobleman consents and Benedict proceeds to the child's chamber to cure him. Sure enough, on the 3rd day Benedict emerges from the room with a smiling, coherent and apparently fully healthy David.

Before leaving, Benedict hands the nobleman a wooden X-shaped crucifix and a small pouch of Wundagorian Black Elm tree seeds and tells him to plant several trees in the winter and to feed the boy soup made from the root of the tree until his 11th birthday. In the meantime, as winter was several months away, the crucifix, which was made of the same type of Wundagorian tree, would ward off all attempts from the demons to repossess the boy. With that the mysterious monk departed never to be seen again.

When next we see David he is himself a monk, wielding a staff made of Wundagorian Black Elm, its magical properties enabling him to focus his mutant abilities and better control his various psychoses. To honor the man who saved his life, David sometimes uses the name The Benedictine as he travels across Europe, Asia and Africa, offering aid wherever it is needed most.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 01-18-2016 at 02:53 PM.

My last and final pick for this jam will be #63 and the Modern Era. Thanks!

All-New Member

I'd like to do another. I'll take 116. And it will be for the Ice Age.

My last and final pick for this jam will be #63 and the Modern Era. Thanks!
    Great work, you have selected: Marrow

Quote Originally Posted by Chadley View Post
    I'd like to do another. I'll take 116. And it will be for the Ice Age.
    You have selected: The Stepford Cuckoos

V

IV

III

II

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    80s X23.jpg
    Really like this, Blu! Hits the 80's vibe perfectly.

#67 Gambit & The Revolution - 80s Era

Sure, everyone knows that Remy LeBeau has a dark and twisted past, but the X-men had no idea just how dark and twisted until a mysterious follower on Remy's "X-tagram" account posted several shocking photos of LeBeau during his time in Prince's entourage. (Yes, THAT Prince.) Some say a few of His Royal Badness's biggest songs were actually written by LeBeau and that the movie Purple Rain was originally titled Purple Remy. (Not so) True story; believe it or not!
    More 80's goodness! Love it.

Right, finally finished.

Only realised after the fact that picking 'Now' for Pietro wasn't really the wisest, since we've already had two recent modern movie interpretations for him.
    That said, I decided to go a bit left field and place Pietro in the world of modern athletic celebrity.

Great work everyone. We're getting down to the final days. Next Sunday @ 11:59pm is when everything should be posted. Let's see how much goodness pops up between now and then.

V

IV

III

II

I sorta had no idea how to redesign her, so hopefully I did her SOME justice.

#75: Steampunk / Victorian Danger
    Danger.jpg

She was built as a mechanical officer for peace. However, her creator, Doctor Charles Xavier, accidentally infused her with true sentience, complete with a personality, likes and dislikes, and most importantly, real emotion. He named her Hope.

When Doctor X was mercilessly slaughtered before her when his mutant gifts were publicized, her innocence and naivety was stripped and she became darker. Her curiosity evolved into hatred, her verbosity into sarcasm, and her passive nature into one of violence. She took on the mantle Danger, and vowed to destroy the people who murdered her maker.

May I take #115, please?
    Last edited by GoingGreen; 01-24-2016 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    I sorta had no idea how to redesign her, so hopefully I did her SOME justice.

#75: Steampunk / Victorian Danger
    Danger.jpg

She was built as a mechanical officer for peace. However, her creator, Doctor Charles Xavier, accidentally infused her with true sentience, complete with a personality, likes and dislikes, and most importantly, real emotion. He named her Hope.

When Doctor X was mercilessly slaughtered before her when his mutant gifts were publicized, her innocence and naivety was stripped and she became darker. Her curiosity evolved into hatred, her verbosity into sarcasm, and her passive nature into one of violence. She took on the mantle Danger, and vowed to destroy the people who murdered her maker.

May I take #115, please?
    Very cool design, and nice backstory. You have selected: Hellion

V

IV

III

II

#115: 90s Grunge Hellion
    12584043_10153864480492402_2108803590_n copy.jpg

Hellion started a garage band with his teammates Mercury, Tag, and Dust. The band's working title is "**** Wolverine, man..." They have no gigs, and are pessimistic, so they'll likely break up, soon.

I'm snowed in, so...
    Let's go wiiith... #45, please.