Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Anyone else want a Jessica Cruz/Power Ring title?

I think Jessica Cruz has great potential as a character and it would be fun to see a solo book with her. I think the otherwise-great Justice League title has underused her.

I would love to read about her path to becoming a Green Lantern, especially since the other main Earth GLs are either imprisoned, rogue or lost in space (I don't know WHAT is happening with Simon, maybe he could train her?).

What do you guys think?

image.jpg

BANNED

Almost every day I read a post in this forum where someone calls for anywhere from one to three current Earth Lanterns to be killed off because there are too many of them now. And how many times has DC tried and failed to turn its Green Lanterns from Earth into something besides Green Lanterns, because it doesn't know what to do with them all?

With all the uproar about getting the four Earth Lanterns (not even counting Simon Baz) enough camera time, how could adding another Earth Lantern possibly be a good idea? The creation of Baz was a dreadful indulgence, and this would make a bad situation vastly worse.

Fans want to HAVE certain characters, and they want characters to BE a certain way. But HAVE and BE are useless where characters are concerned, or in this case worse than useless. What are you going to DO with a character? That's always the question.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 10-04-2015 at 02:48 PM.

I would love to see Jessica Cruz at least get a mini series but I don't want to see her become a Green Lantern. There are already too many earth GLs. As Power Ring she's pretty much a Lantern but at least her current situation is a bit different with the parasitic ring.
    She can kind of be how Alan Scott was pre-Flashpoint. Similar powers to Hal and co. but still different enough to not get lost in the shuffle.
    Instead of the cosmic elements I would keep her stories centered in a mix of psychological thrillers with some horror aspects. I think Alan's story was veering in that direction when he called himself Sentinal.
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-04-2015 at 03:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I would love to see Jessica Cruz at least get a mini series but I don't want to see her become a Green Lantern. There are already too many earth GLs. As Power Ring she's pretty much a Lantern but at least her current situation is a bit different with the parasitic ring.
    Maybe put her and Baz in a title where they're not Lanterns. I'd be OK with that.

When Baz was created I got trolled for saying he was a terrible idea. But he was.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 10-04-2015 at 03:13 PM.

It's not a bad idea honestly, I think that might be interesting to see someone have to deal with their powers harming them while also using them to do good.

However, since she's not really a green lantern and is a fairly new character it might be hard to sell for her own ongoing, so maybe as a mini-series or even as supporting character in Hal's ongoing.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

honestly, i will be very surprised if she survives the Darkseid War.

The concept of Jessica and Volthoom is interesting, but, as it stands currently, she's bound to be lost in the shuffle. I would attempt to have her evolve from the Power Ring connection just so she could get further away from the Green Lantern connection.

After the current storyline in Justice League, I would prefer not to see her again. I don't really like the idea of her or Baz, but she's better than Baz to me. I think it's near impossible for either of them to build up much of a fanbase in the current climate of comics, and in a franchise as crowded as Green Lantern, and with a fanbase that is as defensive of their favorite characters as Green Lantern's is.

BANNED

I would be interested in seeing more of her in a solo title. It's hard to develop her in a team setting, I get that. The ring seems like a gift and a curse, that's what draws me to her. Sounds like a missed opportunity by DC, one of many.

Incredible Member

There's really not much buzz about her that DC would try a solo series about her. She needs to get more exposure in JL to start a following to get enough fans to want to demand a series.

DC needs to bring back the back-up stories they use to have in some of their books to generate some momentum for their B (and under) heroes that can't support a series yet.

Incredible Member

Not at all. If anything I would like to see her give in to the power of the ring, become a villain and join the Crime Syndicate.

I'm not sure if she could carry a solo title, but i'm starting to get interested in her character. Two things i'd change;
    1) i'd lose the paranoid conspiracy angle,
    2) i'd tone down the evil power ring angle. I'd maybe have volthoom as a physical being, more like johnny thunder's thunderbolt .

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It's not a bad idea honestly, I think that might be interesting to see someone have to deal with their powers harming them while also using them to do good.

However, since she's not really a green lantern and is a fairly new character it might be hard to sell for her own ongoing, so maybe as a mini-series or even as supporting character in Hal's ongoing.
    You mean like the new thor?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    Not at all. If anything I would like to see her give in to the power of the ring, become a villain and join the Crime Syndicate.
    I'd like it if we never saw the crime syndicate again.

I wouldn't be against it, but it's not exactly something I'm pulling for either. She strikes me as more of a plot device than a character at this point, I guess.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17