Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I think Tomasi is doing a good job and I loved Soule on the book. Pak could be awesome as well, but I dont think it really matters who is on the title as long as the editors keep dragging the book into massive storylines of the Superline. What's interesting is that in the two years, there have been 3 crossover stories as someone pointed out...all Superman stories but none that have crossed over with the Wonder Woman title (not that I would necessarily want it to crossover with that book right now).

Incredible Member

I don't really know that many writers really so I doubt I could list many but I wouldn't mind Geoff Johns writing just so he could explore what he started. For art I would enjoy Renae De Liz or Kenneth Rocafort.

Only thing with Johns though is that for as much as he's improved with Wonder Woman, that's how much he's degraded writing Superman. Just. So. Boring.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Crossover and forced dramas are killing the SM/WW series. After reading the Grayson annual, I think it has the right tone for a team-up book. An author like Seeley can create a different dynamic between Kal and Diana and add some fun to the series. I prefer that the drama is external to the characters and not in their relationship.

Spectacular Member

First I'd like to say the SM/WW pairing was the reason I started reading comics again!! I'd rather see the book cancelled, than turned into a team up book!! I would have no interest in reading that series. That being said, I really would like the series to get away from being a part of the crossovers, I think it take away from the series!! I'd liked the series to get back to being about SM/WW trying to make their relationship work while still doing their duties as heroes, and dealing with each other families and friends. Are we ever going to get an arc or a single issues where their not having to dealing with the problems of the world?? Where they get to spent some time just being a couple? That my question??

Yeah. There have already been 2 amazing teams on this title ... but hey there's always room for some more!

I've got a few dream teams on my wish list, among which are these (tho they are probably long shots)

(W) Jason Aaron (A) Jae Lee

(W) Simon Spurrier (A) Carlos Rafael

(W) Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner (A) Kenneth Rocafort

(W and A) Aaron Kuder

(W) Francis Manapul (A) Brian Buccellato

I'm sure there are plenty of other teams that could do some amazing work on the title
    Last edited by friendly-fire-press; 10-20-2015 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Only thing with Johns though is that for as much as he's improved with Wonder Woman, that's how much he's degraded writing Superman. Just. So. Boring.
    I agree - for some reason Johns seems to want to take Supes to another front leaving the others to fight the main foe

After reading SM/WW #22, I want a new writer. The way he handles the relationship is a hit or miss, I'm not saying Tomasi is bad but he definitely wasn't the right choice for this.

Tomasi was fine until Truth, but it seems with the post-Convergence status quo, he's fallen into the trap of going way overboard trying to make Superman "badass" than the other writers are. At least he's not compensating it properly, and he's just coming across as a jerk.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    What I am hoping would happen is that when he gets his creative juices flowing on Wonder Woman's side it would overflow onto Superman and possibly change his perspective of sticking to the Christopher Reeve movies, therefore a win/win scenario for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    After reading SM/WW #22, I want a new writer. The way he handles the relationship is a hit or miss, I'm not saying Tomasi is bad but he definitely wasn't the right choice for this.
    I don't think Tomasi is to blame for recent issues as I tend to blame the whole Truth Arc and its attempt to make everything chock full of drama, but I wouldn't be against the idea of a new creative team to go in a new direction post truth.

I wouldn't mind a new writer either. I mean, Tomasi is not baad, just not exceptionally good either. He seems to have a better grasp on the Bat side of things. Maybe he's stretched thin book-wise?
    I would vote for:
    Johns - he introduced SM/WW in the new52 after all. His Justice League run has been solid overall, and despite some hitches in Superman, his plots always carry a bit of intrigue and planning.
    Charles Soule - run was cut short by Marvel.
    Brian K. Vaughan - fantasy pick, but he's versatile and has written for DC before.
    Chris Claremont - nostalgia pick: give me a time machine and send me back to his X-Men glory days.
    Vetoed: Brian Azzarello, Scott Snyder, Frank Miller, Grant Morrison, anything Rucka.

For artists I would pick: Tony S. Daniel, Kenneth Rocafort, Jim Lee, David Yardin, Salvador Larroca.
    On covers: no contest here- the one and only Stanley Lau (aka. Artgerm)!
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarek View Post
    I wouldn't mind a new writer either. I mean, Tomasi is not baad, just not exceptionally good either. He seems to have a better grasp on the Bat side of things. Maybe he's stretched thin book-wise?
    I would vote for:
    Johns - he introduced SM/WW in the new52 after all. His Justice League run has been solid overall, and despite some hitches in Superman, his plots always carry a bit of intrigue and planning.
    Brian K. Vaughan - fantasy pick, but he's versatile and has written for DC before.
    Chris Claremont - nostalgia pick: give me a time machine and send me back to his X-Men glory days.
    Vetoed: Brian Azzarello, Scott Snyder, Frank Miller, Grant Morrison, anything Rucka.

For artists I would pick: Tony S. Daniel, Kenneth Rocafort, Jim Lee, David Yardin, Salvador Larroca.
    Big yes to David Yardin.

While I'm thinking of these things ...

Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale would be pretty amazing (tho they'd probably be more inclined to do a mini series ... still, it would be cool)

Celestial Centurion Caelestial5595's Avatar

I would vote for:

I like most of those choices. Except maybe Johns. Yes, he did introduce SMWW in the current continuity, but he's a bit hit-and-miss for me. Charles Soule though, would get a returning hero's welcome.

Great choices on art as well, every single one of them. I'd add Jason Fabok and Ivan Reis to the list, and Ian Churchill was an old fave of mine (post-crisis SM#165 anyone? The one with them sparring in the snow... loved the art in that one)

Agreed wholeheartedly on the vetoes, and I'd also veto Jason Aaron. Given the way he writes Cyclops and his blatant bias in Wolverine's favour, I wouldn't trust him with Supes. It'd be like Bruce Timm 2.0, and not in a good way. And Jae Lee's art is a bit abstract looking for me at times.

It's all a moot point like everyone's already said, if this title continues to be bogged down by crossovers and is hostage to whatever is happening in other books. Way too many of those without real respite for my liking. I miss the quality of the first six issues. Soule's Doomed epilogue was a nice send-off, but nothing's come close to topping the high of that arc and that big bang finish.

I signed on for a honest-to-God foray into the relationship and all it entails, not a half-hearted attempt to appease haters and end it for flimsy reasons.

I would vote for:

Frank Miller??? Really? For Superman?