BANNED

Default After super heavy story arc how many years would you like for Bruce to remain the Bat?

Bruce Wayne being replaced as Batman has been a major plot point in the last 20 years,from Jean Paul,to Dick Grayson,to Gordon right now,now between jean paul and grayson first replacement and his second time as the successor it took 15 years for it to happen and after that it took 4 years for it to happen again with gordon,now it's safe to assume Bruce will be back at the end of super heavy so in your mind how many years should Bruce remain as bat's before being replaced as batman again or if being replaced at all?
    Last edited by LP22; 10-05-2015 at 12:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

They used to do replacement Batman stories in the Silver Age, too, and even had an entire Earth of stories where Dick could be the big hero of Gotham (though Huntress was always cooler). Who Can Be Batman? is a longstanding tradition. And, it's got good energy, really. Whether it works or fails, how it works or fails.

Bruce has been Robin, twice, too. At least.

As long as the comics are interesting, as long as the comics are good, I'm not really concerned with moratoriums or cooling off periods.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

DC needs to give it a break for a good bit. I'd wait at least 10 years.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”