Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    With Thor, the intent seems to have been to show he's not some invincible character that cannot be hurt.
    If that was the case, didn't exactly do it's job.

But his best feat is in AoU when a city literally blows up in his face.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Did it SHOW her being fine after the truck hit her, before changing into Ben? Colour me curious.
    No, it showed Ben lying there unharmed with a huge dent in the truck. It's the same way it didn't show Glory hit the ground but showed her in the next scene storming into her penthouse naked (well, implied to be naked) and ranting about what an annoyance that was.

I get where I think you're going with this, that, in the strictest Rumbles sense, we don't have absolute proof she was not injured and somehow healing while Ben. Except it was pretty clear she doesn't exist at all while Ben exists because she is Ben with a different form and persona forced upon her. Which would mean she took the impact, unharmed, changed to Ben, who was unharmed. He would have been injured. After all, when she later was reduced in power in the final fight and beaten so badly she couldn't move, she changed to a bruised and beaten Ben who couldn't move. Then Giles killed him, killing her. So we have evidence that damage and injuries, if present, carry over from Glory to Ben.

I shall quote myself.

Emphasis mine.

...well, emphasis mine now.
    I stand corrected on that. You ninjaed me so well I didn't even know it.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

No, it showed Ben lying there unharmed with a huge dent in the truck. It's the same way it didn't show Glory hit the ground but showed her in the next scene storming into her penthouse naked (well, implied to be naked) and ranting about what an annoyance that was.

I get where I think you're going with this, that, in the strictest Rumbles sense, we don't have absolute proof she was not injured and somehow healing while Ben. Except it was pretty clear she doesn't exist at all while Ben exists because she is Ben with a different form and persona forced upon her. Which would mean she took the impact, unharmed, changed to Ben, who was unharmed. He would have been injured. After all, when she later was reduced in power in the final fight and beaten so badly she couldn't move, she changed to a bruised and beaten Ben who couldn't move. Then Giles killed him, killing her. So we have evidence that damage and injuries, if present, carry over from Glory to Ben.
    I don't think it happens that way, injuries between glory and ben don't seem linked because i remember him getting punched and not bruise occuring on glory. it's just that ben is vulnerable and glory isn't, but glory's prison is ben's body so if it dies so does she, but if it's injured it just allows her to come out i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I don't think it happens that way, injuries between glory and ben don't seem linked because i remember him getting punched and not bruise occuring on glory. it's just that ben is vulnerable and glory isn't, but glory's prison is ben's body so if it dies so does she, but if it's injured it just allows her to come out i think.
    It may be that injury to Ben, as long as he lives, doesn't transfer to Glory. But we clearly saw that injury to Glory transferred to Ben.

It may be that injury to Ben, as long as he lives, doesn't transfer to Glory. But we clearly saw that injury to Glory transferred to Ben.
    Yeah, that was weird.

But couldn't we chalk this up to them basically merging into one person at the end of the season? They said that since the ritual grew closer, the boundary between grew weaker to the extent where they can communicate without transforming, so I suppose that made their injuries one in the same as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Does anybody know how the Glory/Ben thing came to be?
    Because Glory has been around for thousands of years, and Ben obviously has not.

Or Ben is way older than he looks and is as unaging as Glory while they are linked?

BANNED

I'm guessing it was a simple continuity error that nobody caught.

No-prize: damage to Ben does transfer to Glory when they switch back. But any non-fatal damage done to Ben is going to be so insignificant to Glory she'd heal from it in a fraction of an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Does anybody know how the Glory/Ben thing came to be?
    Because Glory has been around for thousands of years, and Ben obviously has not.

Or Ben is way older than he looks and is as unaging as Glory while they are linked?
    From what I remember, Glorificus in her true form (whatever that was) was untold thousands of years old. Somehow, some of her fellow gods finally defeated her and trapped her in human form. It wasn't exactly human, of course. She had strength and durability and speed vastly superhuman. Apparently, she has been imprisoned in this human form and exiled to Earth 26 years earlier. They did a joke where she said something like: "I've been trapped in this mortal form for all eternity. [Minions look at her knowingly]. Okay, 26 years."

Part of the curse/ trap was that she changed to Ben randomly, a being who was her opposite in many ways: male where she was female; driven to help people while she was a deity of chaos and destruction; a normal mortal where she still had some godly powers.

They never specifically said it in the story so it is unclear if she appeared on Earth as she looked in the show or appeared as a baby. The whole Glory/ Ben thing could have been happening even then as there was that magic effect that prevented people from remembering they saw the change and causing them to react as if Glory had always been there or Ben depending on which was the change went.

Had there been more of an exploration of the villain as there was with the Mayor, it might have been interesting and even sympathetic (as, again, it was with the Mayor). Since she looked to be about 26 years old when we see her, it would be reasonable to think Glory/ Ben grew up in an orphanage. It isn't even clear how old she was when she remembered who she was and gained some of her powers. There may have been some mention of her struggling for years before she was able to manifest but I don't remember for sure. It may be it was all Ben until a certain age.

From what I remember, Glorificus in her true form (whatever that was) was untold thousands of years old. Somehow, some of her fellow gods finally defeated her and trapped her in human form. It wasn't exactly human, of course. She had strength and durability and speed vastly superhuman. Apparently, she has been imprisoned in this human form and exiled to Earth 26 years earlier. They did a joke where she said something like: "I've been trapped in this mortal form for all eternity. [Minions look at her knowingly]. Okay, 26 years."

Part of the curse/ trap was that she changed to Ben randomly, a being who was her opposite in many ways: male where she was female; driven to help people while she was a deity of chaos and destruction; a normal mortal where she still had some godly powers.

They never specifically said it in the story so it is unclear if she appeared on Earth as she looked in the show or appeared as a baby. The whole Glory/ Ben thing could have been happening even then as there was that magic effect that prevented people from remembering they saw the change and causing them to react as if Glory had always been there or Ben depending on which was the change went.

Had there been more of an exploration of the villain as there was with the Mayor, it might have been interesting and even sympathetic (as, again, it was with the Mayor). Since she looked to be about 26 years old when we see her, it would be reasonable to think Glory/ Ben grew up in an orphanage. It isn't even clear how old she was when she remembered who she was and gained some of her powers. There may have been some mention of her struggling for years before she was able to manifest but I don't remember for sure. It may be it was all Ben until a certain age.
    They also specified she was never meant to be in control, just trapped in his mortal body and forced to die when he died. It was implied she was conscious the whole time, but this was ignored later when they forced the issue that she and Ben don't share memories when she talks to Dawn. It's because she's so strong that was ever able to take his body over and I think it's implied by Ben that she only recently got control.