Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    I saw this on another post, but what is the designation of "Universe-8"? Was it mentioned somewhere specific? Is it just fan created? How was this determined?

Thanks!
    The marvel writers were using the '8' to describe ANAD in house so everyone ran with 616 being Universe 8 but after the events of Ultimates#1 it turns out that 616 is still 616 and the '8' signifies the 8th reset of the universe/omniverse as in this is the 8th version of the universe

Amazing Member

Default oh snap

Quote Originally Posted by BMartini View Post
    The marvel writers were using the '8' to describe ANAD in house so everyone ran with 616 being Universe 8 but after the events of Ultimates#1 it turns out that 616 is still 616 and the '8' signifies the 8th reset of the universe/omniverse as in this is the 8th version of the universe
    Is the "8" originally derived from its similarity to this, I wonder?

BANNED

Today's Axel Alonso talk showed the last page of the Secret War Thor comic where Ultimate Mjölnir was shown to land in Earth 8.

Great news really hoping we get the UU back.
    Ultimate Pete needs to return.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    Great news really hoping we get the UU back.
    Ultimate Pete needs to return.....
    How, when it was just stated today, their world is gonna be destroyed, but be on the lookout for clues about ultimate characters and things in 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Today's Axel Alonso talk showed the last page of the Secret War Thor comic where Ultimate Mjölnir was shown to land in Earth 8.
    Yep, I asked that question because I was hoping for some more hints at who else might show up. Guess I kind of set myself up for this one. Maybe more will be revealed after Ultimate End. But somehow, I doubt that Miles, the Maker, and Thor's hammer will be the only survivors from Ultimate.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    How, when it was just stated today, their world is gonna be destroyed, but be on the lookout for clues about ultimate characters and things in 616.
    Where was that stated??? I don't recall reading that it would be destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    Where was that stated??? I don't recall reading that it would be destroyed
    "Plus, insight into the "Secret Wars" #9 shift and a hint that we haven't seen the last of the Ultimate Universe characters, even if their home world is gone."
    That was in this article.

Previous articles have stated the same thing, only they've used the word 'destroyed' before, but I do know there are some fans who still believe the UU is gonna survive.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Yep, I asked that question because I was hoping for some more hints at who else might show up. Guess I kind of set myself up for this one. Maybe more will be revealed after Ultimate End. But somehow, I doubt that Miles, the Maker, and Thor's hammer will be the only survivors from Ultimate.
    I think it have already been confirm that Ultimate Boombshell survives

Somehow I find it really depressing that Gwenpool gets her own ongoing while (so far) it seems only one character from the Ultimate line will have an ongoing in the All-New All-Different universe...

Well Gwenpool doesn't effect what Marvel decides to do or rather what not to do with some of the Ultimate characters, so I'm fine with Gwenpool.

But really what other Ultimate character should get their own ongoing?

And while Miles seem to be the only character who may get their only ongoing, I do believe Bombshell is gonna be in a team book down the line, and The Maker is a part of one of the Avengers books.

But who really knows what Ultimate characters survive, and where they'll end up.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 12-22-2015 at 10:43 AM.

I would love for Jimmy Hudson to be alive in the ANAD Marvel Earth.

I would also like to see Mach 2 survive as well.

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

I was just thinking about how much I miss Mach Two. I wish more people read Wood's Ultimate X-men. Such an under appreciated gem that shone during the downfall of the UU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    I was just thinking about how much I miss Mach Two. I wish more people read Wood's Ultimate X-men. Such an under appreciated gem that shone during the downfall of the UU.
    Thoroughly agree. In fact I enjoyed pretty much the entire post-DOSM Ultimate X-Men run, even though the story was a little disjointed between writers. It's a shame so few people have read it.

I think I wasn't into Wood's run back then because he ignored Spencer's work for the most part. I'll have to read it again with no bias.
    We need better comics