Super Moderator

Default Judge Shuts Down Lawsuit Over "Iron Man" Armor Design

The Massachusetts courts turned down a lawsuit from independent creators that claim Marvel took their designs.

Full article here.

I can't see a specific similarity between the IM movie armor and the Radik armor. Besides, Marvel has so many designs for Stark armours how do you say to Marvel, you can't use a particular design, because it looks like mine? I imagine for IM armours it's going to be hard to prove a case. Are all Starks armour designs protected in law?

Umm...lol. Obviously Ironman comics came out way before these guys. With all the various verisons of the ironman suit in the comics i'd say marvel could turn this around and sue them from stealing THEIR design. I know the law suit is based off the movie suit, but i'm sure marvel based it off the suits from the comics.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Huh. Well, that's not something I expected to read about anytime soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I can't see a specific similarity between the IM movie armor and the Radik armor. Besides, Marvel has so many designs for Stark armours how do you say to Marvel, you can't use a particular design, because it looks like mine? I imagine for IM armours it's going to be hard to prove a case. Are all Starks armour designs protected in law?
    True, unfortunately, it isn't the same as what's happening to music. When your own song sounds like another song that you've never heard, you will not win.

So you think the Radik people could win this?