Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Yeah, screw this Superman for punching someone for torturing a child.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member DeathFalcon182's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, screw this Superman for punching someone for torturing a child.
    No screw this Superman for going head first into a battle without putting any thought and then comes the reveal of potentially turning bad, going to dark side Superman. Quality storytelling. Only way to move the plot forward is by making Superman do idiotic things.

I'll take a Superman any day that rushes in head first to save a crying, scared little girl begging for help as opposed to sitting around watching.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DeathFalcon182 View Post
    No screw this Superman for going head first into a battle without putting any thought and then comes the reveal of potentially turning bad, going to dark side Superman. Quality storytelling. Only way to move the plot forward is by making Superman do idiotic things.
    the guy said "I'm in your side". at least heard what the guy has to say, take the max info and then maybe punch him or not. why do something smart like that? let's punching time

Fantastic Member DeathFalcon182's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    the guy said "I'm in your side". at least heard what the guy has to say, take the max info and then maybe punch him or not. why do something smart like that? let's punching time
    God forbid if Superman stays smart for more than 1 issue.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeathFalcon182 View Post
    agree with you. good that pak remembered that clark is a investigative reporter, but then he gets all Hulk'd and start punching everyone like a idiot, push away his friends.
    Are you guys being serous right now? Like really? Superman was literally just depicted as doing weeks or months of planing down to the very minute before he made any moves. This is the most mathematical Superman we've had in years in this one issue.

If I'm understanding this right then you're saying that Superman should have sat by while people were mistreated and tortured RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM? No Superman in the history of ever would have done that. No Superman would have said "well maybe I should let that proven racist experiment on people a little longer so I can know what's up". You can dislike Pak all you want, but insinuating that Superman acted out of established character in that moment is just a flat out falsehood. I mean for god sake he saw that the facility was being used by not only Wrath (villain) but also the giant underground racist group the supremacist (villains obviously).

And why is Clark "pushing people away" so they don't freakin' get shot like Perry did. His foes are systematically using his friends as targets to fight Clark. His putting distance between him and them so he doesn't give his foes another advantage. He's stern with Hior for the simply fact that he can't explain what's going on to him without putting him in even more danger.

The only message I'm getting here is that it was wrong for Superman to utilize logic and smarts in dealing with the Hiro situation because he was a big meanie. And it was also wrong for Superman to later utilize emotion and caring in trying to rescue suffering people because he wasn't utilizing the utmost of logic.

He should have been nice to Hiro and gave him information, even if it endangered his life, because screw logic there. But he should have continued letting the infected people suffer and be bound like animals before his eyes because logic.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-07-2015 at 08:46 AM.

"I'm on your side by torturing people"? No. If Superman sees someone in pain like that he stops the pain regardless of the intentions behind it. He can speak to the PROVEN RACIST after he's saved the people hurting.

For goodness sake didn't you see the dismembered wheelchair bound people screaming for help and for their loved ones (I know Superman did). It's ridiculous to think that Superman wouldn't stop their suffering and then reassess the situation. That's how every Superman operates in situations like that.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-07-2015 at 08:57 AM.

The only message I'm getting here is that it was wrong for Superman to utilize logic and smarts in dealing with the Hiro situation because he was a big meanie. And it was also wrong for Superman to later utilize emotion and caring in trying to rescue suffering people because he wasn't utilizing the utmost of logic.

He should have been nice to Hiro and gave him information, even if it endangered his life, because screw logic there. But he should have continued letting the infected people suffer and be bound like animals before his eyes because logic.
    And it's ridiculous because the flip side is NEVER true for Superman. The very fact that Superman has always used a secret identity and effectively lied to more 95% of the people he knows is in itself Superman forgoing basic human niceties for the sake of keeping people safe. He doesn't like lying to people but if it keeps Atomic Skull from going to Lois' niece's grade school and blowing it up just to f%$k with Superman, then it's something he'll do. If hurting Hiro's feeling for an hour or two is going to keep his head from getting cut off or him getting abducted then that's what he's gonna do.

And I feel like I shouldn't even fully address the idea that Superman would just let people suffer just a few feet in front of him without doing anything. It's just ridiculous.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Are you guys being serous right now? Like really? Superman was literally just depicted as doing weeks or months of planing down to the very minute before he made any moves. This is the most mathematical Superman we've had in years in this one issue.

If I'm understanding this right then you're saying that Superman should have sat by while people were mistreated and tortured RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM? No Superman in the history of ever would have done that. No Superman would have said "well maybe I should let that proven racist experiment on people a little longer so I can know what's up". You can dislike Pak all you want, but insinuating that Superman acted out of established character in that moment is just a flat out falsehood. I mean for god sake he saw that the facility was being used by not only Wrath (villain) but also the giant underground racist group the supremacist (villains obviously).

And why is Clark "pushing people away" so they don't freakin' get shot like Perry did. His foes are systematically using his friends as targets to fight Clark. His putting distance between him and them so he doesn't give his foes another advantage. He's stern with Hior for the simply fact that he can't explain what's going on to him without putting him in even more danger.
    At least what I'm saying, that anything makes superman go all on superpunch mode and he doesn't even stop; I can understand he freeing the people, but I can't understand he punching everyone with such rage. the last guy he punch, just said "I'm in your side" then superman just punch him more like a bully.

this thing of heroes pushing people away is dumb, who to say people won't go after them now? this is the biggest cliche on comics, that superman always fall into it

He did stop, actually. He was not the crazed monster you're trying to make him out to be. He freed the little girl, stopped and had a smile on his face as she reunited with her mother, then saw that someone else was imprisoned and broke out Lee. Yes in retrospect freeing Lee probably will not prove to be the wise move. No he didn't stop to think that maybe the last person wasn't as benign as the others. No one's disputing that part will probably prove to be a mistake. But neither does it make him a blubbering idiot. It was not the rage-fest you're making it out to be.

At least what I'm saying, that anything makes superman go all on superpunch mode and he doesn't even stop; I can understand he freeing the people, but I can't understand he punching everyone with such rage. the last guy he punch, just said "I'm in your side" then superman just punch him more like a bully.
    Bully? Is this for real? Superman is bullying the PROVEN RACIST who says he's on his side? Oh poor racist let me shed a tear for you. No. You can clearly see them fighting back and trying to stop him from freeing them. So is Superman just supposed to sit by while a PROVEN RACIST (I can't stress this enough. Superman has actually stopped them before) explains to him why he's putting these people in pain? Are you telling me that Superman is supposed to sit by and let his good friend Lee suffer because some racist has a reason for it?

If he wanted he could easily just get information from the racist by waking him up. It's not like he killed any of them.

this thing of heroes pushing people away is dumb, who to say people won't go after them now? this is the biggest cliche on comics, that superman always fall into it
    It's cliche when the hero is paranoid and just assumes that a foe will find out about everyone they've ever known even when they don't know the hero's identity. It's NOT cliche for a hero to keep away from his friends when his foes know who he is and and are actively attacking his friends in hopes that they will find him close by of find out information on him.

It's is just sound judgment at work. And even more than that, it's not like Superman is just sitting by and being reactive. No. He's being the most proactive and methodical he's been in years. He's taking the fight to the head of the problem.

He did stop, actually. He was not the crazed monster you're trying to make him out to be. He freed the little girl, stopped and had a smile on his face as she reunited with her mother, then saw that someone else was imprisoned and broke out Lee. Yes in retrospect freeing Lee probably will not prove to be the wise move. No he didn't stop to think that maybe the last person wasn't as benign as the others. No one's disputing that part will probably prove to be a mistake. But neither does it make him a blubbering idiot. It was not the rage-fest you're making it out to be.
    This! I mean my goodness, the man wasn't foaming at the mouth and eyes red. He just wanted everyone in the room that was being hurt or imprisoned to be saved. Did saying Lee prove to have it's drawbacks? Yes.

But what reason on god's green earth does Superman have to believe this racist jerk? The last the fought, Superman was stopping the supremacist from sacrificing illegal immigrants up to a 5 dimensional god. Why would Superman even be faulted for not believing such a bunch of jerks?

Are we taking into effect that he's been effected by Wrath, and that's making him brash.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    Are we taking into effect that he's been effected by Wrath, and that's making him brash.
    He actually might be a shadow monster himself? I feel like that's EXACTLY where this would go.

Everybody is Wrath! *drops mic, jumps off stage*
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 10-07-2015 at 01:34 PM.