Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default NYCC: Simone, Scott Revamp Red Sonja, Vampirella & Dejah Thoris for Dynamite

Gail SImone and Nicola Scott are giving the iconic characters new directions for series by Marguerite Bennett, Aneke, Frank Barbiere and Kate Leth.

Full article here.

Incredible Member

I'll keep these on my radar. I read great things about Simone's run on Red Sonja, but never jumped on board because I could never find a good jumping on point.

All-New Member

I've been following Ms. Simone's work on Red Sonja since she started-- Red Sonja #1 by her was my introduction to Dynamite, and one of the few non-Big Three books I've been picking up consistently since issue one. I'll be keeping an eye on Dejah Thorne and Vampirella, both of whom I know precious little about ... for now

I have to admit I like the new Vampirella costume, may give these a try.

These sound pretty cool. I greatly enjoyed Simones Red Sonja and Collins Vampirella. Swords of Sorrow was a bit uneven, but im down for these new directions and redesigns.

The Vampirella design sort of looks like it could be from an Elseworlds where the Huntress is Batman and Wonder Woman's daughter.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

I suppose it was only a matter of time before these three females were swept up in the practical costume fad we're currently in.