Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default NYCC: Simone, Scott Revamp Red Sonja, Vampirella & Dejah Thoris for Dynamite

Gail SImone and Nicola Scott are giving the iconic characters new directions for series by Marguerite Bennett, Aneke, Frank Barbiere and Kate Leth.

Full article here.

Incredible Member

I'll keep these on my radar. I read great things about Simone's run on Red Sonja, but never jumped on board because I could never find a good jumping on point.

All-New Member

I've been following Ms. Simone's work on Red Sonja since she started-- Red Sonja #1 by her was my introduction to Dynamite, and one of the few non-Big Three books I've been picking up consistently since issue one. I'll be keeping an eye on Dejah Thorne and Vampirella, both of whom I know precious little about ... for now

I have to admit I like the new Vampirella costume, may give these a try.

These sound pretty cool. I greatly enjoyed Simones Red Sonja and Collins Vampirella. Swords of Sorrow was a bit uneven, but im down for these new directions and redesigns.

The Vampirella design sort of looks like it could be from an Elseworlds where the Huntress is Batman and Wonder Woman's daughter.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

I suppose it was only a matter of time before these three females were swept up in the practical costume fad we're currently in.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    I suppose it was only a matter of time before these three females were swept up in the practical costume fad we're currently in.
    That's true.Lol.

Spectacular Member

RIP chainmail bikini. Seeya when culture isn't so hung up on being overtly PC if ever.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    That's true.Lol.
    I don't think there's anyone else left.

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    RIP chainmail bikini. Seeya when culture isn't so hung up on being overtly PC if ever.
    More like see ya when people realize this is all fictitious and therefore what a character wears doesn't need to be practical. I can only imagine what these people would do with anime if they had any amount of control over it lol.

SMH.....SMH

welp.....I was hoping they'd survive the PC SJW crowd

ah well....wasnt reading them anyway

but I can still drop them in spirit.....DROPPED!

and another thing, practical = BORING

More like see ya when people realize this is all fictitious and therefore what a character wears doesn't need to be practical. I can only imagine what these people would do with anime if they had any amount of control over it lol.
    Oh, they want control. You should see these people plaster any discussion about anime with demands that the Japanese start catering to them.

History tends to be cyclical; so you never know when they might go back to their iconic designs.

Personally, I've never been into any of these characters. But with this new direction, I might finally give Vampirella and Red Sonja a try.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Getting Nicola Scott to design anything is the first step towards greatness. DC should have had her do the NEW 52 redesigns.