Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

Their costumes weren't the problem, I think it was more to do with the uninteresting stories.

And bring back Lord Of The Jungle.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Incredible Member

The only redesign I have a problem wiht is Vampirella. I can still immediately tell that I'm dealing with Red Sonja and Dejah Thoris. I wouldn't imeditately go "Vampirella" when I look at her redesign though.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Getting Nicola Scott to design anything is the first step towards greatness. DC should have had her do the NEW 52 redesigns.
    Nicola Scott is wonderful. I might check out Dejah Thoris; that look is pretty great.

Spectacular Member

llllllllll
    Last edited by Ms Lola; 10-13-2017 at 12:13 AM.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

So awesome! I can't wait for these. Such great talent on these titles. Can't wait to see who is the artist on Vampirella.

I love who they picked to do Red Sonja, I feel like that is really going to fit well. The stuff for Dejah Thoris also looks amazing. I'm sure Frank will do a great job.

I love Vampi's new costume. To me, it still looks like Vampirella and I'm glad they kept her bat logo on her, I love it. The premise for the Vampirella sounds interesting, and it looks like it still continues a bit where Nancy left off, with a great jumping on point, by the sound of it. I'm not sure if I have read anything from the new Vampirella writer, but it sounds like an amazing idea for Vampi. Again, can't wait to learn who the artist is for Vampirella, but I love the new design.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Incredible Member

Vampirella's costume is just a big nope for me, but the direction sounds good.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I really like Vampirella's new look of all three and the story for her ongoing sounds interesting. I might start following Vampirella for the first time next year.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

BANNED

*sighs* There was nothing wrong with Vampi's original costume. This is what happens when you put Gail Simone and Nicola Scott in charge of things like this, they tend to go overboard. Even though her new look is pretty cool. I'd prefer the old look.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    RIP chainmail bikini. Seeya when culture isn't so hung up on being overtly PC if ever.

sad world we live in huh?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    I suppose it was only a matter of time before these three females were swept up in the practical costume fad we're currently in.
    Red's attire has been more practical, and more attractive, since the beginning of the Simone/Geovani run. The one-piece mail/scale/whatever bathing suit is barely an improvement over the bikini, and a major step backwards from the armor Sonja wore in the last arc of the previous series.

All-New Member

Aww they're closing the cheesecake factory...

lol

I actually like the redesigns though. but more important has been the writing. much better than it used to be

though, Deja's outfit is VERY reminiscent of Maya's from Killer Instinct

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

I'll take a look as these may end up being decent comics, but I'm not overly crazy about redesigning classic costumes to make them more "practical" or "realistic." Frankly these three characters were all originally created at least in part with fan service in mind. I realize that's considered a no-no in today's PC environment, but at some point I hope someone realizes that the demographic that is looking for that deserves a few comics that pander to them too. In my mind these characters shouldn't wear much. I hope the new stories are good, that would be a plus, but if there's no fan service at all then I think at least one of the major points for the existence of these characters is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickfighter View Post
    I'll take a look as these may end up being decent comics, but I'm not overly crazy about redesigning classic costumes to make them more "practical" or "realistic." Frankly these three characters were all originally created at least in part with fan service in mind. I realize that's considered a no-no in today's PC environment, but at some point I hope someone realizes that the demographic that is looking for that deserves a few comics that pander to them too. In my mind these characters shouldn't wear much. I hope the new stories are good, that would be a plus, but if there's no fan service at all then I think at least one of the major points for the existence of these characters is gone.
    Nope. Hetero male sexuality is gross, dontchaknow? Society must do everything in its power to suppress the male gaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    RIP chainmail bikini. Seeya when culture isn't so hung up on being overtly PC if ever.
    Don't worry, one thing trumps PC-ism: money. They've tried to make Vampi's costume less revealing in the past and it's always been a massive failure. I suspect the same will hold for Red Sonja and Dejah Thoris.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Don't worry, one thing trumps PC-ism: money. They've tried to make Vampi's costume less revealing in the past and it's always been a massive failure. I suspect the same will hold for Red Sonja and Dejah Thoris.
    **** and ass have sold these books for years, nay decades. That's not even recognizable as Vampi. As usual Dynamite will play this for a quick bump in sales before moving on to the next thing. Can't imagine what they must be paying Simone to deal with them.