Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

And the Mutants will be blamed for it.

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookbeard View Post
    Is it me. Or is it always Tony Stark the one causing strife within heroes?

He did Civil war, Norman running SHIELD was his fault, he felt no remorse for 616 ending and said he would do it again, and now Civil War 2.

IMO. This guy is the biggest villain in Marvel universe. Guy is always rustling someones jimmies.
    To be honest after all I do not know how someone can consider Stark a hero?

Nothing personally against the character but the writers did a great job making him a jerk in recent years.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    Acts of Vengeance 2 when?
    I think that that's already happened:
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Vengeance_Vol_1
    But then again, plenty of events get sequels. We're currently on Secret Wars V (Marvel Superheroes Secret Wars, Secret Wars II, Secret Wars III, Beyond!, Secret Wars 2015)
    But yeah, unless this is new guard VS the old guard, I can't really see how a sequel would work.

Unless it's a sequel in name only.
    Or if it's called Civil War II: Electric Boogaloo.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

If it is old school vs. new school as the conflict, which I'd be against but wouldn't be surprised to see Marvel go for, would that make Sam the leader of the new school? Despite the fact that he's been a hero in 616 for years and is just in a new identity ?

Ultimate Member

And because he's calling himself "Captain America" he must automatically be the leader and always be right because Captain America so much better and more awesome than everyone else and blah blah blah. Honestly Marvel's love affair with Cap and his perfectness got old for me years ago.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookbeard View Post
    Is it me. Or is it always Tony Stark the one causing strife within heroes?

He did Civil war, Norman running SHIELD was his fault, he felt no remorse for 616 ending and said he would do it again, and now Civil War 2.

IMO. This guy is the biggest villain in Marvel universe. Guy is always rustling someones jimmies.
    Tony was working with the government who rapidly passed a law into effect that no longer tolerated costumed criminals. These are people who are TOLERATED, they do not have any right to be doing what they are doing. These are people who commit acts of murder, assault, and property damage daily. They may put there life on the line but they are still commiting crimes. Citizens tolerate them because of some of them save people from large scale threats like Galactus. Otherwise though, the government nor the people have to respect these people who are unaccounted for and can in some cases cause a disaster which killed a couple hundred people (see New Warriors, the inciting incident for the conflict).

Norman killed Queen Veranke. None of the heroes knew about the Skrulls until it was too late and they managed to dismantle an entire Stark led SHIELD following there infiltration of it. Again, no one caught on, but Osborn killed there leader and helped end the attack. He proved more competent than Stark or any of the other heroes and replaced Stark. Tony couldn't have stopped that nor like any other hero knew anything about the invasion until it was too late.

Tony knew at some point this couldn't be stopped. If nothing can stop the end of everything then what does it matter? He only delayed the inevitable and tried to keep everyone working to delay things as well as offer some glimmer of hope even if it was false. Would you have been more comfortable with Cap just letting 616 die early because he wasn't ok with delaying something that was just going to happen anyways?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Let's consider what is different this time. Now Peter Parker will have his own corporation apparently as mighty as what Stark used to have. In other words, Peter Parker will have responsibilities and can no longer just go lone wolf.

So imagine Peter Parker and Tony Stark united once again because they can't openly just suit up and go break stuff at Roxxon headquarters. They have to work behind the scenes and make sure their corporations aren't destroyed which would impact hundreds if not thousands of people who depend on them for their livelihood. They would be viewed as sell-outs.

Mighty Member

You know, I DID say I was skipping the next event. Unfortunately I just realized something, there is a lot, a LOT of heavy handed foreshadowing about Squadron Supreme fighting any number of Avengers. Unfortunately, if they play a major part in Civil War I'll have to read it. It's the one thing in the MU that would actually force my hand.