Thread: Mice Templar

Default Mice Templar

The second act of the finale is coming out. Anyone out there keeping up with this great book by Oeming, Glass, Santos, and Guerra?

Spectacular Member

I picked up the first trade a month ago and soon after bought the rest of them.

It is one of the best things I have read in a very long time; easily one of the best Image/Vertigo titles.

Great writing, beautiful art, and tremendous world-building.

Cassius facing off against the rats to defend Karic is one of my favourite moments in comics.

Glad to hear that you're liking it. You're in for a great ride in the current act.

I think one of my favorite issues was the one that focused on Tosk. I like the way he was portrayed, and the fact that he is what is, and knows it.

I will admit I was a little worried about the change from Oeming to Santos, but I think it's added a new layer to the story. It's just been a really great read from the beginning on. Can't wait to talk about the issues.
    Writer of Lore and Legends for Mice Templar.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by KeenerED View Post
    Glad to hear that you're liking it. You're in for a great ride in the current act.

I think one of my favorite issues was the one that focused on Tosk. I like the way he was portrayed, and the fact that he is what is, and knows it.

I will admit I was a little worried about the change from Oeming to Santos, but I think it's added a new layer to the story. It's just been a really great read from the beginning on. Can't wait to talk about the issues.
    It's a real achievement to have a book with so many characters and when it shifts focus from one to another it doesn't jar or make you feel you're missing out.

Tosk, the mad King, Pilot, the Priests, etc are all as interesting as Karic's tale.

When I read there was going to be a change in artist I was concerned, but Santos is a perfect fit.

Spectacular Member

Bump.

I don't understand the lack of praise for this series.

Not as good as Sandman, on a par with Fables, Preacher, DMZ, Y The Last Man.

Better than Saga, Lucifer, Scalped.

I've only read the first trade, but I really dug it, and I've got the rest on my radar as I'm shopping around. Is this upcoming volume THE end? I didn't realize it was ending… I can't decide if that makes me want to hunt down the volumes faster, or wait for a mega-collection.

I'm not sure if there's a point in comparing it to any of those series you mentioned, though. All of those are completely different - in just about every way - to Mice Templar. It is great, though.

The story was meant to be told in 4 parts.
    Vol. 1 - The Prophecy, collected into 1 HC or TPB.
    Vol. 2 - Destiny, collected into 2 HC or TPB
    Vol. 3 - A Midwinter Night's Dream, collected into 1 HC or TPB.
    Vol. 4 - Legend, is planned to be a three part arc. The first arc was 8 issues, and the second arc is getting ready to start back up really soon with issue #9, and I gotta say it looks fantastic.

It was always intended to be a finite story, and the last arc is building to it's conclusion.

Couple of issues out now....what do you guys think of the new arc?