Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EricMacom View Post
    I was waiting for someone else to get this and tell me what that was! Polish, but why?
    It'll be Hungarian according to internet, not Polish. Not sure why yet.

I know Prague could be of note, both as Poland for the puppets, but Hungary I wouldn't know. A mystery! (Rejtély!)
    Last edited by Kees_L; 07-24-2014 at 05:11 PM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Is this thing out yet?

In the United States, I believe so. For everyone else, I'm not so sure. My local store said they'd get Artist's Editions two months after the U.S. release.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoy7783 View Post
    Is this thing out yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    In the United States, I believe so. For everyone else, I'm not so sure. My local store said they'd get Artist's Editions two months after the U.S. release.
    IDW sells these online through their official online store and already handled preorders will have been shipped.

According to the IDW shop site this title is currently:
    "IN STOCK"
    link: http://shop.idwpublishing.com/mike-m...dition-hc.html
    Where before it would have been "AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER". And where it'll become "OUT OF STOCK" prior to any second edition ever becoming made.

According to Comicvine.com (preordered copies of) this title hit the stores as per July 23d 2014.

link : http://www.comicvine.com/mike-mignol.../user-reviews/

So: yep, this thing is out. The same date or actually a day sooner than the 'exclusive SDCC' edition.

I preordered my (regular) copy through my LCS in the Netherlands some 6 months ago and it arrived there July 25th, being yesterday. If your LCS orders copies, they'll do so through IDW's online store same as if you yourself would.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 07-26-2014 at 05:59 AM.

My copy arrived today, signed by Mike Mignola, and with a Hellboy shot glass. It is beautiful...

I spent 2 nights with with book. Best eye/brain candy I have ever had in my life. What an incredible treat this is. I do hope that there is a chance for another one in the future. I would love the entire Hellboy in Hell in this format. Issues 4 & 5 remain to be my favorites of this new era. I can't thank enough all those people who help out putting this together. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I had a blast with my youngest (11) on the first night. We took the first couple of issues, opened them next to the big book and talked about the making of comics for an hour or so. I did the best I could with his questions. I'm no expert. I'm not an artist at all. I'm just a fan who has been reading comics for over 3 decades and loves learning about the process to make them. I listen to a lot of interviews (podcasts) too. It was such a fun time talking about comics.

I have now purchased Kirby's New Gods AE. (my 3rd AE) I wasn't planning on it, but my shop still had one and I see that it is now OOP on IDW's site. I'm worried that I have started something here that I won't be able to control.

All-New Member

You gotta check out the Steranko Shield Artist Edition, absolutely stunning

OH gosh!

I finally have the money to order this, and the site now says out of stock...
    NOOOOO!

I thought they kept their artist editions in supply for a while
    :....(
    Last edited by mscorley; 08-13-2014 at 08:48 AM.

You can get them online, like from Atomic Empire (store near-ish to me, so I vouch for them):

http://www.atomicempire.com/item.aspx?item=155334

Only $96 here:

https://heavyink.com/graphic_novel/3...t-Ed-Hardcover

And plenty on eBay, of course.

My sense is that the print run on this was lower than usual for IDW. Plus there is the variant cover SDCC edition.

Quote Originally Posted by grogtheslayer View Post
    You can get them online, like from Atomic Empire (store near-ish to me, so I vouch for them):

http://www.atomicempire.com/item.aspx?item=155334

Only $96 here:

https://heavyink.com/graphic_novel/3...t-Ed-Hardcover

And plenty on eBay, of course.

My sense is that the print run on this was lower than usual for IDW. Plus there is the variant cover SDCC edition.

Awesome, thanks Grog, you're always a great help!

I had checked ebay earlier but was discouraged by the prices I saw..
    I just ordered the $96 one from HeavyInk and now am quite happy

All-New Member

New here, and I've got a question about the price on this amazing book. Ran out to the only shop that had one on the shelf the day this book came out (I had neglected to order it thru my usual shop). I had brought $120(plus tax) as that was the price I saw online. The store was charging $150 (plus tax) so any thought of getting the Stan Sakai benefit book that day flew out the window. I saw they were charging $150 for Kirbys New Gods book as well. Did most stores jack up the prices on Artists Editions right off the bat?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    New here, and I've got a question about the price on this amazing book. Ran out to the only shop that had one on the shelf the day this book came out (I had neglected to order it thru my usual shop). I had brought $120(plus tax) as that was the price I saw online. The store was charging $150 (plus tax) so any thought of getting the Stan Sakai benefit book that day flew out the window. I saw they were charging $150 for Kirbys New Gods book as well. Did most stores jack up the prices on Artists Editions right off the bat?
    Hi Jaques and welcome to the Forum.

I would put that down to shipping cost, since it sounds like your store would be having the books in hand, whereas at online stores charging a similar or lower price than the IDW store usually all prices are without shipping!

Remember also that any Artist Edition will be large and weighing as much as a box full of comics or a pile of omnibuses.

Online (European) stores may list what they'd be having in stock, but it would also seem usual that online stores merely link to new stuff as not directly pending whether it'd be still available or not. Now that the Hellboy AE is officially sold out through IDW (for the first edition that is), I bet it would be the shipping-charge-including stores that remain to list them as titles proving actually among their stock.
    Which wouldn't be prices getting *jacked up*, but instead just simply prices being accurate.

Based on what I saw online, many stores were indeed "jacking up" the price beyond the $125 MSRP, and usually it ranged from $10-25, and then you still got hit with a shipping charge because of the size of the book, not the weight (although domestically in the US, the book would cost around $6 to ship coast-to-coast via USPS Media Mail).

So when an online vendor like Heavy Ink is offering the book for $96 + $3.99 shipping, that's a great deal!

All-New Member

thanks for clarifying Kees_L...it's a reputable shop, I was just wondering about the price difference. I just saw another store had the Kirby book for $150 so I assumed it was "standard".
    Had I known of the Heavy Ink online store selling it for @$100 WITH shipping, I might've gone thru them but as a long-time Mignola fan there was no way I was missing out on this book.

Quote Originally Posted by grogtheslayer View Post
    Based on what I saw online, many stores were indeed "jacking up" the price beyond the $125 MSRP,
    Likely, sure.
    If you look online or at eBay lots of sellers just offer good Mignola stuff with asking humongatastrophal prices. Not all of them 'though.

Let's just say you'd think that good stores offering good deals would really be to stand out and mostly they just don't, or any customer can best tell once the item is bought in hand, or as by making inquiries only most thoroughly.

thanks for clarifying Kees_L...it's a reputable shop, I was just wondering about the price difference. I just saw another store had the Kirby book for $150 so I assumed it was "standard".
    Had I known of the Heavy Ink online store selling it for @$100 WITH shipping, I might've gone thru them but as a long-time Mignola fan there was no way I was missing out on this book.
    Cool. Any actual bookfan longterm or shortterm ending up with this book would seem but a favorable thing to me. Congrats on your spiffy purchases.