Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I put "jacking up" (based on Jacques original language) in scare quotes because I'm not sure how much of a "jack up" $10-25 over a $125 MSRP book represents (8-20% - depending on how one feels, that might not be a jack up, a minor jack up, or a major jack up), but there was an increase of some amount with most online retailers. A few deals are available with a little bit of looking. Interestingly, amazon.com did not sell this as a first-party seller; they seem to be hit-or-miss about Artist Editions. I bought the Frank Thorne Red Sonja through them (and am waiting on Vol. 2 to get released), and the Conan Red Nails Artist Edition I ordered direct from the publisher. And that's my experience thus far.

For the record, I bought the Hellboy Artist Edition from The Comic Bug, even though I am 1000s of miles away, because I've supported their efforts in the past.

The new IDW web site (it seems to be a work in progress for the shop) lists again the hellboy Artists edition since yesterday (or the day before). Shop > select a category > Art books/artist's edition. And now they display how many copies remain (44 yesterday, 39 today).

Amazing Member

16 copies left!!!
    After that they are all gone!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIGNED-Hellb...item43cdac5f99

Got mine in the mail yesterday, it is amazing. Worth every penny!

I almost wish all of his stories were collected like this, seeing the art at true size is something spectacular

Now it simply says in stock on IDW web shop. In the description it is stated that a signed and remarqued edition will be available at a later date, what means "remarqued"?

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Now it simply says in stock on IDW web shop. In the description it is stated that a signed and remarqued edition will be available at a later date, what means "remarqued"?
    When a print (or a book) is remarqued, it means that the artist has drawn an original sketch on it, typically in the margin (or on the front cover or title page).

All-New Member

I paid 150.00 for mine, but was fortunate enough to get mine signed, got a shot glass and got a BPRD artifact included in the cost. The reality is that the cost is worth it for any of the IDW AE. All of them are put together with no detail missed. I do admit that the Watchmen AE may not be worth investing in simply because of the sheer volume of different books that already exist. I checked it out this week and was just "meh". If anyone gets a chance to look at the Steranko Shield AE, do it, it's amazing!

Thanks, we will just have to wait for a "later date" then..

Quote Originally Posted by gdeo View Post
    16 copies left!!!
    After that they are all gone!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIGNED-Hellb...item43cdac5f99
    And one of them will be mine! Hope the random stuff included besides the shotglass are cool.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Hello again Hellboy community, I'm back after that whole weird reset thing finally. When I first heard about this edition I thought it was average Hellboy graphic novel sized with a lot of sketches and extras in. Man was I wrong, this book is huge. I walked into my favorite comic book store and my jaw hits the ground. This thing is a sight to behold.

I asked my store and they said $160. I was shocked. I decided I would pass and pick it up elsewhere at a later date.

I did get to look through it and was surprised how many of the recent pages were reproduced as solid black. As in, not shot from the original art, but the scans used for the final printed page in the regular comics. I'd think Mike would have better access to newer pages, or at least kept raw scans, but I don't know how he works in regard to scanning art.

There are 3 pages like that, two of them are from The Corpse.

In the case of the Hellboy in Hell page, there were file corruptions, so they had to track down the pages and re-scan them. One couldn't be found.

Hey guys...there were no corrupt files...there were missing files so I had to find all the art that was sold and get it back to rescan...as for solid black or line art pages...Joker you need to look at it again...there were only 2 pages I think...trust me...
    signed
    The scanner
    or CBM

Merely two Hellboy line art pages, plus one Hellboy in Hell page, three in total.

I actually like those three examples of just how insanely great this book is. And anybody complaining about it or the price being too high had just better not buy it.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper