Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

You won't hear any complaining from me! I love it. And thanks for the info, Christine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    Merely two Hellboy line art pages, plus one Hellboy in Hell page, three in total.

I actually like those three examples of just how insanely great this book is. And anybody complaining about it or the price being too high had just better not buy it.
    Sure, no one is being forced to buy it, and those individuals can do what they want in a capitalist system; however, if individuals want to complain, that is their right to do so, and people implying otherwise need to stop repressing speech, or maybe just go away from the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by grogtheslayer View Post
    Sure, no one is being forced to buy it, and those individuals can do what they want in a capitalist system; however, if individuals want to complain, that is their right to do so, and people implying otherwise need to stop repressing speech, or maybe just go away from the internet.
    Uhm, I do believe there's something to be said for "speech" or even complaints to not be or become too silly. As like reason would be speaking for itself.

Like in the Hellboy Artist Edition there aren't numerous pages not actually scanned among the "recent" ones, but just one. Plus two among the older stories, which makes three pages in total. For an absolute fact.
    And I would indeed argue or "repress speech" for any and all arguing onto how three such pages would somehow be to spoil this book. If only because to my eyes they really don't.
    Some might disagree, but that's something I could live with, in a live-and-let-live teeth-grinding or meaningful fist-shaking kind-of-way.

Plus I went away from the internet and guess what!? Found me a nickle. Then I came right back in order to be telling of such a steep tale into the aether, the heavens and (likely) beyond...
    Last edited by Kees_L; 08-28-2014 at 11:23 AM. Reason: complaints, not compliants.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

For what it's worth, I didn't say it spoiled the book, just that while flipping through it (and I was incorrect) I was surprised to see newer pages reproduced like that, even if it was just one. I was surprised, not upset. But it happens, and it wasn't a big detraction for me. I still plan on getting the book, and enjoying it endlessly. As much as my Mignola original piece of art. So let's all calm down about speech repression.

Quote Originally Posted by CBM View Post
    Hey guys...there were no corrupt files...there were missing files so I had to find all the art that was sold and get it back to rescan...as for solid black or line art pages...Joker you need to look at it again...there were only 2 pages I think...trust me...
    signed
    The scanner
    or CBM
    Well, I guess it felt like more? I certainly do need to look at it again, and buy it. It wasn't intended as an insult or anything. Apologies. Thanks for the clarification.
    Last edited by Joker; 08-28-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    For what it's worth, I didn't say it spoiled the book, just that while flipping through it (and I was incorrect) I was surprised to see newer pages reproduced like that, even if it was just one. I was surprised, not upset. But it happens, and it wasn't a big detraction for me. I still plan on getting the book, and enjoying it endlessly. As much as my Mignola original piece of art. So let's all calm down about speech repression.

Well, I guess it felt like more? I certainly do need to look at it again, and buy it. It wasn't intended as an insult or anything. Apologies. Thanks for the clarification.
    Agreed and accepted, fellow poster.

You indeed did not say it spoilt the book and I didn't feel offended by your post, especially due to how calmly and thoughtfully other posters noted upon your post that it could only be three pages, as is ascernable from the book because centered at the bottom of each such a page it says so how there are only three.

Thanks again for your considerate post and I agree there's no need for any alarm or talkin' through teeth whatsoever.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

We're all here as fans and friends, hopefully even when we disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    We're all here as fans and friends, hopefully even when we disagree.
    I don't know. This guy's name is Joker. I wouldn't want to be within 20 feet if he is holding a crowbar.

This book is really a beauty (main material of course, but also design). I am proud to have it in my collection (hence the double post with the IDW collected edition section): http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...s-edition.html

My book

All-New Member

It finally arrived! And it's amazing! Completely worth every penny (or better say euro :P )! And loved that shot glass which came along although I don't plan on actually using that.

I've been able to finally sit down with this, and my apologies again for misstating the amount of pages not reproduced from the original art.

Mike's ink work has a lot of opacity shift in it (does Mike thin it to avoid smudging, or is that just a by product of the ink's natural viscosity?) and on some pages the inks appear to be more solid black than on other pages, which is where my initial misunderstanding came from.

Regardless, this is a terrific volume, and one I shall enjoy for years to come. I look forward to a volume two!

This is getting a reprint if anyone missed out the first time around.

https://13thdimension.com/13-hauntin...tists-edition/