BANNED

Default X-Men Videogames: Your ideas!

Well, as a spin-off from the "Make your own X-Men Fighting Game", here's an all around thread for every kind of VG. From FPS, to TPS and RTS, you can post anything and everything. Let your imagination run wild! I'll go first:

1) X-Force:

Well, the most obvious choice would be an X-Forc game. Easy to market, easy to program, easy to come up with an idea. The main story would revole around the Human Council creating a much more advanced form of Sentinels, the Nimrods. So Cyclops assembles a hit-squad, places Wolverine in charge and lets the team go wild. Their basic task is to stop the plans of the Council and destroy the Nimrod plans before they actually come into fruition. Sure, there'll be some side-quests and whatnot during the game, but this would be the bare-bones, basic story.

The roster of playable characters would include: Wolverine, Fantomex, Deadpool, Warpath, Psylocke & Archangel, with Cable and X-23 as unlockable characters if certain missions are completed. The game would be a TPS, with some RPG elements thrown in. As I said, nothing fancy or overblown, just a good ol' classic thrird-person game.

2) X-Factor:

Ok, this one would be a third-person RPG. It'd still have action/adventure elements but it'd mostly be an RPG, meaning heavy on story and lore, and a bit more light on constant combat. Kinda like a mix between Mass Effect and The Elder Scrolls. Anyway, the story would follow the new version of X-Force, the superhero team working for Serval 9the roster would be kinda different). You start at the beginning, choosing your character, and becoming the leder of the team, meeting up with Harisson Snow and being welcomed into Serval. At first you'd do some solo missions but eventually you'd have to track down and assemble your very own team, kinda like in Mass Effect 2, where you did some "assembly" missions. Again, this being an RPG, you have lots of side-quests and extra missions depending on your character of choice, to really immerse yourself.

The basic story would follow your character as (s)he investigates Serval, being suspicious of them, doing super-hero work and traveling the globe, since you'd kinda be some sort of PR agent as well. Anyway, the "big bad" would be Alchemax, so you'd see characters from the Spider world also pop up, with a certain few X villains as well, such as Dark Beast for example. Also, depending on your character, you'll also get a few "exclusive" missions. For example, Gambit will be able to visit the Thieve's Guild, while Quicksilver might be able to hang out and assist the Avengers on a mission. Stuff like that, which would add to the replay value.

You'd be able to choose from 3 different characters at the beggining: Polaris, Quicksilver and Gambit. The whole squad that'd be assembled (minus supporting characters like Snow or Linda) would be: Polaris, Quicksilver, Gambit, Multiple-Man, Danger, Siryn and Beast. I changed it up a bit, since I thought that a genius/brawler was needed, and I wanted more of the old cast back.

So, post YOUR ideas, no matter under what VG genre they fall under!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

X-Men: Online produced by Sega/Sonic Team.

Based on gameplay mechanics of Phantasy Star Online Episode I II & III Phantasy Star Universe & Phantasy Star Online 2 games.

16 Player Online Action RPG

BANNED

As I'd said on another thread, a stealth-actioner starring X-23. But for some more details:

Have a Tutorial option that puts X during her early training at the Facility as a means of learning the controls. This would be a separate mode that's NOT part of the main game, so players can skip it if they want. Plus it also helps maintain the sense of immersion by avoiding "As you know..." sort of hand-holding during the game.

The story itself could begin during her assassin days. Allow the player flexibility and leeway in how to carry out missions. Do you go the pure stealth approach? Do you try to take advantage of Laura's apparent innocent appearance to get close to targets? Or do you just go in guns blazing and claws flashing? This chapter would end with Sarah breaking her out of the Facility, while also touching on her attempts to go to ground with Megan and Debbie before being forced on the run.

From there, it could cover the gaps between then, NYX, and her encounter with Logan prior to her joining the NXM, or skip to the period of her solo series. Or even All-New Wolverine.

Age of Apocalypse 3

I would love to have another Wolverine game, something resembling X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but more polished.

I would also like to see a game that's basically X-Men meets Final Fantasy.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

A Telltale style visual novel/adventure game (examples: The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead) with a telepath being the playable character. Where the player not only finds clues in the real world, but also sifts through clues in people various mindscapes. Maybe play as Rachel? She was/is like a hunter/detective or something right?

Or if you really want to have fun, just take it all the way and make a X-Men Dating Sim and let people play out their favorite ships :P .

Amazing Member

something like star wars knights of the old republic but longer

With the movie coming out I wouldn't mind another x-men game. Maybe another legends or even a Lego game feat just the x-men. In my dreams I would love a dark knight type game feat the x- men.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRLOVELEE View Post
    something like star wars knights of the old republic but longer
    X-Men Destiny had a great premise but just abysmal execution. Something closer to KOTR/Mass Effect would be ideal! Create your own mutant and rise through the ranks in the X-Men to save.

Get a great team like BioWare on this to write the story, craft the missions and set out a rich and detailed choice system. You start of as a Student at Xavier's and your squad is comprised of a few class mates and some troubled souls you meet on the road.

People may think the X-Universe is far too small for this type of game but you could spend time with the likes of X-Force, The New Mutants, The Morlocks (The surrounding environments for each team act like planets in the Mass Effect series with a Blackbird type vehicle acting as your Normandy). You could even have a section off world with the Star Jammers or Shi'ar and pick up a new an alien team mate to mix things up a bit.

X-Men should be supporting cast and NPC's that team up with you or assign missions for example Forge can act is the engineer on your ship and Cecilia Reyes could be the medic. You need help stealing some files from a Government building, well Gambit can help plan and assist you on the heist. Can't communicate with an Alien life form, good thing Cypher is with you. They can certainly have a presence and help you out when needed but you and your squad are very much the driving force.

Also controversially I would have all A-List X-Men out of the equation or very much in the backdrop until the very end. The "quest" as with all RPG's should start off small and would gradually get bigger. This would explain why the A-Lister's are not involved as if it was a massive threat at the start why would your team be left to deal with?

Imagine that in terms of narrative. You are towards the end game...your mission is seemingly going to fail but then the Blackbird drops in and Cyclops, Wolverine, Emma Frost etc. step down to fight alongside you. How pumped as a player would you be after 40 hours to finally fight alongside the legends of the X-Men when the steaks are at their absolute highest!

A game like this would take several years to develop but would be so worth it if done with the craft and resources to make it truly amazing.
    L'Enfer !

A Game based on Marvel Utimate Alliance for PS4 but with X-Characters only

Playable Characters:
    Cyclops, Archangel, Iceman, Beast, Jean Grey, Havok, Polaris, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Sunfire, Banshee, Rogue, Psylocke, Jubilee, Gambit, Bishop, Emma Frost, Deadpool, Cable, X-23

Unlockable Characters: Rachel Grey, Magneto, M, Northstar, Doop, Fantomex

Villains: Mr.Sinister, Omega Red, Spiral, Mojo, Sentinels, Master Mold, Sauron, Mystique, Apocalypse, Sebastian Shaw, Lady Deathstrike, Marauders, Sabretooth, Silver Samurai, Lady Mastermind, Shadow King, Cassandra Nova

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    the steaks are at their absolute highest!

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I deserve that...
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    X-Men Destiny had a great premise but just abysmal execution. Something closer to KOTR/Mass Effect would be ideal! Create your own mutant and rise through the ranks in the X-Men to save.

Agreed, it took a lot of deserved stick over the gameplay but the story and idea were actually really good, was probably my most ever anticipated game when it was announced.

The game I would like to see would be an X-Com: Enemy Unknown style game where you have to train up a team of mutants for missions with unique powers and if you lose them they're gone.

I renamed all my soldiers on X-com to be X-men and it hit much worse when they died (Jean bought it straight away)