Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Avengers

A super-sized sampler, "Avengers" #0 gives readers bite-sized stories from across the Avengers brand of the All-New All-Different Marvel Universe.

Full review here.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

I'd like my copy with the Deadpool segments excised.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I wonder how Captain Marvel will be handled considering she is in the A-Force, Ultimates, and another short story. Looking forward to Black Panther and Miss America's role in this issue, and it'd be nice if Ms. Marvel had some role in one of the stories.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

BANNED

Glad to hear the Squadron come out of this well. That's the book with the most potential IMO.

Amazing Member

Do we know Miss America's talent yet? Magic? Singing? Her desire for world peace? Also, do we know who would succeed her if she cannot fulfill all of her duties and tasks...who was the runner up?! I have to know! I must!

How are the t getting these early?
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by theilikepie View Post
    How are the t getting these early?
    Publishers will send out review copies of books they really want to promote, in order to drum up interest for Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    I'd like my copy with the Deadpool segments excised.
    You want your Deadpool segments taxed?

The Ultimates preview has got me amped! Kenneth Rocafort's art is hands down the best and my favorite writer Al Ewing is gonna rock this.

I have to recognize not had much interest in Ultimates but especially liked the preview and the paper gave to Chavez if the group becomes something like the Iluminatis.

Fantastic Member

I'm pretty hyped for Squadron Supreme now. A nice glimpse into how they operate, cool to see previously edgy Nighthawk in a mission control role with little camera drones and some redesign to his costume. Am curious to see what got Hyperion to join up. And if not for the book likely going with a clean slate approach, I'd be interested in seeing how the presence of alternate Kyle Richmond is reconciled with his existing 616 incarnation. Other than having him hiding his existence and simultaneously keeping 616 Kyle in limbo, of course.

Also was pretty amused by the "American kaiju" bit. Additionally it's interesting to see Uncanny Avengers may work to address the Terrigen death cloud.

My interest in the A-Force relaunch was already tenuous, but "Captain Marvel and A-Force"? Neh.

I do enjoy Kenneth Rocafort's art, but enough to pick up Ultimates I am not sure.

Sooo... Isn't Wasp supposed to be on Pym's finger in that "Original Avengers Statue" ?

What is this torture and why do I have to endure it marvel?

I liked how the Squadron Supreme story connected everything.
    We need better comics

Mighty Member

Sadly, the New Avengers preview (it was more of a preview than a story) didn't get me excited for anything.
    However, surprisingly, the Uncanny Avengers preview did. I haven't read anything with DP in it since the end of Gerry's last run, and I forgot how strong his Deadpool is. As a fan of the character and his relationship with Steve, it definitely left me wanting more.

It's strange how Steve looks skinny here and as strong as ever in the preview of the first issue. Stegman's new style is still weird, but I liked the coloring. It tones it down a bit, without ignoring how cartoony it is.